ESPN = Morons

GalensGhost

Can you believe these guys?

Best of College Football??

Among the stupidity that reigns here:

Alabama is a nominee for Best Logo. What freaking logo does Alabama even have? And to make things worse, bammers have been flocking to the library and to truck stop kiosks to vote. Unbelievably, the UA "logo" is edging Clemson.

In perhaps the most egregious omission, Aubie isn't listed in the "Best Costumed Mascot" category while Big freakin' Al is. Big AL?!?!? Give me a break.

4) Which school has the best fans?

13.5% LSU

9) What is the best college rivalry?

21.7% Michigan-Ohio State

I call BS.

13.5% LSU

I call BS.

245383[/snapback]

Do I sense some jealousy? :lsu:

Alabama is a nominee for Best Logo. What freaking logo does Alabama even have?  And to make things worse, bammers have been flocking to the library and to truck stop kiosks to vote. Unbelievably, the UA "logo" is edging Clemson.

In perhaps the most egregious omission, Aubie isn't listed in the "Best Costumed Mascot" category while Big freakin' Al is.  Big AL?!?!? Give me a break.

245382[/snapback]

I have to agree with you about Alabama not having the best logo....but you think Aubie...the best mascot?...I mean come on how many tigers are out there anyway? LSU, Clemson, Memphis and talk about a total parallel universe...how about Princeton.

Alabama is a nominee for Best Logo. What freaking logo does Alabama even have?  And to make things worse, bammers have been flocking to the library and to truck stop kiosks to vote. Unbelievably, the UA "logo" is edging Clemson.

In perhaps the most egregious omission, Aubie isn't listed in the "Best Costumed Mascot" category while Big freakin' Al is.  Big AL?!?!? Give me a break.

245382[/snapback]

I have to agree with you about Alabama not having the best logo....but you think Aubie...the best mascot?...I mean come on how many tigers are out there anyway? LSU, Clemson, Memphis and talk about a total parallel universe...how about Princeton.

245387[/snapback]

How many national titles has Aubie won as a mascot? It doesn't matter that it is a Tiger, it's the costume and the personality that matters. By the way, you forgot Missouri, Pacific and probably some more.

13.5% LSU

I call BS.

245383[/snapback]

245386[/snapback]

Who in the Hell would be jealous of LSU's fans? The whole conference acknowledges them as the SEC's worst!

Maybe it's me, but if I had one game to win, and I wanted fans to support my team, I'd pick LSU's. My word, the Cajuns would try and mob the other school's bus and take names.

Classless? Yes.

Die-hard fans? You betcha.

245382[/snapback]

245387[/snapback]

How many national titles has Aubie won as a mascot? It doesn't matter that it is a Tiger, it's the costume and the personality that matters. By the way, you forgot Missouri, Pacific and probably some more.

245388[/snapback]

Great you named a few more, further proving my point, that has to be a bad argument for talented, personable and well dressed aubie...So, does originally count for anything as well, that's my point.

National Titles? I'm sorry, I don't know how many "national titles" Aubie has won.

Great you named a few more, further proving my point, that has to be a bad argument for talented, personable and well dressed aubie...So, does originally count for anything as well, that's my point. 

National Titles? I'm sorry, I don't know how many "national titles" Aubie has won.

245393[/snapback]

I don't know how many exactly, so I'm just going to claim 12 for Aubie.

I think the first one came in 1922. There wasn't actually a mascot, but this guy did a retroactive poll choosing the mascot he thought might have been the champion based on nothing more than his opinion. I'm sure you won't object to those qualifications.

Seriously? He's always in that Capitol One challenge for best mascot and there have been some actual championships along the way. He's not just a tiger. He's a personality. Of all the mascots out there, he's one of the best.

245393[/snapback]

I think the first one came in 1922. There wasn't actually a mascot, but this guy did a retroactive poll choosing the mascot he thought might have been the champion based on nothing more than his opinion. I'm sure you won't object to those qualifications.

Seriously? He's always in that Capitol One challenge for best mascot and there have been some actual championships along the way. He's not just a tiger. He's a personality. Of all the mascots out there, he's one of the best.

245396[/snapback]

1922? Are you the same guy that created the People's National Championship poll?

245393[/snapback]

245396[/snapback]

1922? Are you the same guy that created the People's National Championship poll?

245399[/snapback]

No, but his next-door neighbor created the 1926 and 1930 "I Love Me Some Bammer" Poll that was created sometime during the 1960's or so that awarded UAT the NC's posthumously...er... retroactively. ;):poke:

245393[/snapback]

245396[/snapback]

245399[/snapback]

No, but his next-door neighbor created the 1926 and 1930 "I Love Me Some Bammer" Poll that was created sometime during the 1960's or so that awarded UAT the NC's posthumously...er... retroactively. ;):poke:

245405[/snapback]

I'm sorry I'm not aware of that one either, and that would still be 2 more than anyone in arnge and blew has.

I vote tejasjak "Best Sig Picture" ! ! ! !

Follow-up question: Bill Curry's current employer includes uat among its nominees for "best [college football] fans." Besides being totally misguided (Has anyone at ESPN ever been to a game at BDS???), I find this:

a. Merely ironic

b. Tragic

c. Hilarious

You decide . . .

245393[/snapback]

245396[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol: That is freaking hilarious! Notre Dame's lephrechaun is leading the way for costumed mascots. Too bad bammers don't have a real live elephant to snort up and down the field....I bet that would be winning the live mascot category, or at least take first prize in "biggest poop pile on the field" award by a live mascot. ;)

Aubie's Webpage

Aubie began his Championship reign in 1991 when Michael Jernigan, Chris Wood and Rob Thompson brought Auburn and Aubie its first title. A few years afterward in 1994, Trey Humphreys, Mike Murphy, and Billy Stephens, received the National Championship on Aubie's behalf. The following year, Billy Stephens of Metarie, La., along with Mike Griffin and Josh Agerton, both of Auburn, claimed the title for the third time. J.G. Carver of Huntsville AL, Jeff Holoman of Dallas TX, and Justin Moore captured Auburn’s fourth national championship in 1999. Aubie became a five-time national champion when Taylor Griswold, Jeremy Legg, and Trey Mock brought home the title again. Most recently, Aubie's sixth national championship was brought home by Evan Thomas, David Smith, and Chris Delvizis.

Note, the "Most recently..." part refers to THIS YEAR.

Aubie, six time and reigning nat'l champ.

Bear with Real "A"

45061029017o.jpg

Phony "A"

CTSN-logo.gif

I hope you guys can see this one. The Old Alabama "A" has a FLAT top as in the bear picture. The new Alabama "A" looks like nothing more than an Atlanta Braves "A" with a hat on it.

ATL_545.gif

Braves' "A"

The new Alabama logo is juat a phony ripoff of the Bear's "A."

Updated: Jul. 5, 2006, 2:26 PM

Vote: What are the best things in college sports?

2) What is the best college tradition?

Not Even mention Tiger Walk?  :blink:

3) What is the best college logo?

:au: not even mentioned? :no:

11.0% Alabama :lmao: it isnt even the real logo...

7.5% Clemson Every HS team in the country uses it.

14.8% LSU Freakin :lsu: ?

5) Which school has the best live mascot?

Very Subjective here...

36.1% Georgia's ''Uga'' (bulldog)

11.7% Colorado's ''Ralphie'' (buffalo)

10.5% LSU's ''Mike'' (tiger)

8.3% Texas' ''Bevo'' (longhorn)

7.2% Auburn's ''War Eagle'' (eagle)

6) Which school has the best costumed mascot?

No Aubie? :no:

7) Which school has the best nickname?

No Nads?  :blink:

20.8% UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs

8) What is the best college town? :lmao:

3.3% Charlottesville, Va.

3.3% Boulder, Colo.

2.4% Boston

2.0% Eugene, Ore.

1.9% Bloomington, Ind.

1.2% Atlanta

1.2% Syracuse, N.

David, you need to go back and click which one of our logos they were talking about. It wasnt the script A...it was the elephant logo. They have an example of every one up for vote.

Though I dont really like that logo at all...its too cartoony IMO. I really like the script A with the circle around it.

How is UGA winning for best live mascot??? It's a freakin chubby, cross-eyed mutt that has to lay on 2 bags of ice in an air-conditioned house just so it doesn't get to hot.

How can Mike the Tiger or even Tiger from Auburn not win this. Seriously, who would u rather let out of a cage... a Tiger or a Bulldog that would run about 10 yards then find the closest shady spot??? Mike even growls before games.

Auburn's eagle actually participates in a great pregame tradition...

I would say...

Mike

"Tiger" (I beleive that is the name...right?) awesome pregame entertainer i hear

Colorado Buffalo (kind of cool, It could do some damage if it got away)

...UGA

13.5% LSU

I call BS.

245383[/snapback]

245386[/snapback]

Why would one be jealous of fans who hit dying cancer patients with footballs and set fire to visitors' vans?

245393[/snapback]

245396[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol: That is freaking hilarious! Notre Dame's lephrechaun is leading the way for costumed mascots. Too bad bammers don't have a real live elephant to snort up and down the field....I bet that would be winning the live mascot category, or at least take first prize in "biggest poop pile on the field" award by a live mascot. ;)

245430[/snapback]

they do it's called the "crapstone"

How is UGA winning for best live mascot???  It's a freakin chubby, cross-eyed mutt that has to lay on 2 bags of ice in an air-conditioned house just so it doesn't get to hot.

LSU on the best fans list is an even bigger joke.

I am sure Bertman is loading up his apology letters for 2006

Archived