New Auburn YouTube Video

RadioWryn

That's you huh?

Bringing up the argument that Eli Gold is the "best football announcer" is absolutely absurd. I would rank him at least fifth in the league behind Munson, the old guy at MSU, Kesling at Tennessee, and Bramblett. Fifth is only because I can't name any other SEC announcers, but I'm quite sure they're less annoying that Eli Gold.

Eli Gold is from New York - strike one. He counts backwards on touchdown runs, which is dumb - strike two. His nasaly voice is irritating - strike three. I don't have a "radio dial" and therefore can't "listen in as Alabama moves the ball from left to right as (I) listen on my radio dial."

Look, I'm not a huge fan of our guy either - I wish Andy Burcham had gotten the job - I call high school football and have heard many other broadcasters that do a much better job than Gold in the high school ranks. It's sad.

Is it just me or did it sound like a bunch of cavemen huddled around together after discovering fire?

Pathetic.

Is it just me or did it sound like a bunch of cavemen huddled around together after discovering fire?

Pathetic.

246704[/snapback]

IMO, the worst thing is that they actually had to come up with the idea to do it, then the idea to tape it, then the time to post it on the web - all for something that dumb.

I want the 15 seconds of my life I wasted watching that back please.

Archived