A Good Laugh

WAR-MATT

Saw this posted on the ITAT open forum and thought I would share.

From the Rivals board...perfect for a good laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

re-posted on Auburn board by ScubaSteve

"Posted by Drown'emTide on November 20, 2005 at 16:21:25:

Before I get started, I want to say that I LOVE THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA. I love The University of Alabama more today than ever before. So if you construe some of things I'm about to write as negative, it is not intended to slam the school I love, it is an attempt to make it better.

*If you ever need to reaffirm your commitment to our University all you need to do is experience an Alabama-Auburn game on the Plains.

*Even in victory, AU fans are second rate. Yes, I encountered many that represented their university with honor but unfortunately those are not the people that will form my lasting memory of this visit.

*Just the mere act of walking to and from the stadium I, along with other BAMA fans, were accosted by many--and I mean many--that choose to wave their orange and blue shakers directly in my face as they yelled obscenities in my direction. I refused to recognize their action, instead doing as Coach Bryant's players did when encountering hostile environments; I stared straight ahead and ignore their very presents.

*There were two encounters I could not ignore though. One Barner got in my face and yelled, "Go to He-- Alabama! I raised my arms in surrender and yelled back, "Too late, I'm already here!" The dumbfounded Aubie didn't know what to say and turned and walked away to the laughter of everyone within earshot--including Aubies.

The second encounter involved a drunken Barner in the restroom after the game. Just as I was about to have to take him out for the venom he was spewing to the BAMA fans in the room, he was surrounded by embarrassed Aubies who apologetically told me that they would handle him.

*There is one less water cooler in the world after Coach Shula hurled one, full of gatorade, in the direction of a concrete wall at halftime. As he smashed the cooler, he told his team (using language for adults only) that if they didn't have anymore pride than they had shown, then they were to get out of their uniform and get on the bus immediately.

*Auburn people should discuss the possibility of changing nicknames with Virginia Tech because some of their traditions are as "hokie" as humanly possible. Nothing they do is original. The song, "Glory, glory Hallelujah, is reworded to "Glory, glory to Auburn." They have to copy our Rammer Jammer cheer and reword the ending to "go to h--- Alabama." And what the heck was with the band marching to the student section and playing Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a prayer?" “Gay” is the first word that comes to mind.

*I will give AU props on the eagle fly in. Pretty cool stuff but it is worth reminding AU fans that they didn't teach the damned bird how to fly.

*Our marching band's field show is embarrassingly boring.

*Auburn's marching band is worse.

*Some of Brandon Cox's unsportsmanlike underhanded behavior did not go unnoticed by Alabama players and staff. Let's just say the Mr. Cox WILL be a marked man for the next 3 years. Write that down and put it in the bank.

*Brodie Croyle poured his heart and soul into this football team and for that he’s to be lauded. People will never understand what this man has endured to survive this season. He is superhuman in my book. Never having whipped Auburn should not harm this man's legacy.

*Traffic is nightmare at that place. AU fans would make good Russians because you have to stand in line for everything. It took me and my traveling party 1 hour and 45 minutes to travel a one mile distance off I-85. Getting in and out and around that stadium is an abortion. The concession stand? Forget it. Restrooms? What AU engineer designed those human traps? Unbelievable. It's not a bad look setting for college football but J-H is basically a dump.

*It was great to see JP Wilson lead the team down the field at the end of the game--against AU's first string defense. There will quite a battle this spring at the QB position between Wilson and Tebow but if I'm laying money on it, Tebow will be quarterbacking this football team against Hawaii in "06.

*Did I say Tebow? Yes and the direct result is that 15 more are coming just so they can play with him. Write that down too.

*In the no brainer of the year: Expect changes offensively. Duh. A lot of darts have been thrown at Coach Radar--and rightfully so for (in the opinion of many) the game has passed him by--but the bottom line is that the head coach is the one calling the plays. We all see why Shula earned the nicknamed, Captain Vanilla while in the NFL. Expect Radar to remain on staff but only as the QB coach. Expect a new OC--one that will be calling the shots offensively.

*This program will have trouble getting to the next level with Coach Shula calling plays.

*What staff member will leave? I'm not a liberty to say but the Sparky Woods to UT is NOT true. Woods is safe.

*Speaking of UT, not only is Sanders out but the entire UT staff is gone as well except for John Chavis and a few defensive assistants.

*After yesterday's game, Croyle, Harper and Peprah could be seen in the corner of the locker room crying uncontrollably and refusing to remove their uniforms.

*Tired of getting whipped by Al Borgus' offense? Don't worry about it for he's coached his last Iron Bowl in the orange and blue. Look for Coach Borgus to discover greener pastures in January.

*Alabama did not lose this game on Saturday they lost it when LSU scored the game winning TD in overtime last week. This team was not mature enough to handle the nature of the defeat, as too many eggs were put into that basket. They never recovered and you could tell at Monday and Tuesday's practice that the hung-over wore on.

*Do not question the staff’s decision to not go full pad last week as the reason for the poor 1st half against Auburn. This team was so physically beaten up after the LSU game, going in shells was necessary.

*Look for UA officials to petition the SEC office to "revamp" the interleague schedule. Frankly, LSU and Auburn back to back needs to be re-tweaked. We know the usual SEC West schedule has us playing Arkansas in September, Ole Miss in October and etc.. Look for schedule switching to be examined at the spring Destin meetings.

*Several of BAMA players quit on this team Saturday. It's wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what area of the team had the most quitters. Let me just say that several better enjoy their bowl game because it will be the last time some will ever start for The University of Alabama and for some they will not be returning next season.

*If a certain skilled position player played for me, he'd never suit up for Alabama again. That would paraphrase the words of #4 Saturday as he gave this player a verbal tongue lashing.

*Orange Bowl officials meet with Shula for 45 minutes in the bowels of Jordan-Hare stadium last night after the game. Forget the Fiesta Bowl. Orange Bowl officials like the idea of Alabama and 45,000 tickets filling up Pro Players Stadium. I'm not sure who took Saturday's lose harder, Orange Bowl officials or this TIDE team.

*In all likelihood though, unless the Orange can tweak the BCS rules, we'll be ringing in the New Year in Dallas.

*Expect as many as 5 freshmen to starters on offense in '06.

*Pencil in Andre Smith at RT. Why RT and not LT? Remember, Tebow is a lefty.

*Don't worry about all the seniors lost of defense. This team has talent abound on the defensive side of the ball. If anything, expect this defense to be better next year.

*It's the old coaching adage that you put your best 22 on the field. In every staff member’s book, Jimmy Johns is one of those 22. Don't be surprised if you see #10 as this University's next All-American at Linebacker.

*Tommy Tuberville is as classless as the program he represents. UA officials are tired of his schick. Of course the only way to get even is to beat him. He's equaled Coach Dye in whipping Alabama four times in a row but Tuberville’s accomplishment will not go down in the same vain as Coach Dye's. Tuberville has been fortunate enough to be at AU during Alabama's darkest era since the Whitworth days. But his rein ended yesterday. Write that one down too.

*And finally it is important to remember that we are all born equal, but it is by the Grace of God to be an Alabama fan. Never forget that."

This is probably one of the "insiders" that will be posting on the Crimson Country Club. He seems to have such accurate info ;)

*Did I say Tebow? Yes and the direct result is that 15 more are coming just so they can play with him. Write that down too.

ok... just lemme get my note pad and pencil real quick.....

i liked the comment about LSU and :au: back to back. :cry3: we can't handle the tough games back to back :cry3: This makes me laugh b/c the week before when they got beat by LSU we beat a UGA that beat LSU in the SEC Championship.

Don't worry about all the seniors lost of defense. This team has talent abound on the defensive side of the ball. If anything, expect this defense to be better next year.

Many teams and fans use this statement but bammer really loves it. I really dont understand how anyone can honestly rationalize it if you are replacing 7 starters one either side of the ball things will not "better" senior experience and leadership is irreplaceable period. You may have guys who can do the job well but if they could do it better WHY WERE THEY NOT PLAYING TO BEGIN WITH! Alas it is a mullet head this is to be expected thanks for posting War-Matt I needed a laugh.

I love how people at every school always speak about how poorly they were treated when they go to X school for a road game, and seem to think each and every one of their own fans are perfect angels.

And making fun of marching bands is stupid.

*This program will have trouble getting to the next level with Coach Shula calling plays.

At least he got one thing right.

As far as the rest goes, these were my favorites:

*It was great to see JP Wilson lead the team down the field at the end of the game--against AU's first string defense. There will quite a battle this spring at the QB position between Wilson and Tebow but if I'm laying money on it, Tebow will be quarterbacking this football team against Hawaii in "06.

*Tired of getting whipped by Al Borgus' offense? Don't worry about it for he's coached his last Iron Bowl in the orange and blue. Look for Coach Borgus to discover greener pastures in January.

Man, this guy is really 'in the know'! :roflol:

"The second encounter involved a drunken Barner in the restroom after the game. Just as I was about to have to take him out for the venom he was spewing to the BAMA fans in the room, he was surrounded by embarrassed Aubies who apologetically told me that they would handle him."

i think this shows a lot of class on our part. That we don't condone being obnoxiously rude to other fans even if it is bama.

What about this gem?

*Alabama did not lose this game on Saturday they lost it when LSU scored the game winning TD in overtime last week. This team was not mature enough to handle the nature of the defeat, as too many eggs were put into that basket. They never recovered and you could tell at Monday and Tuesday's practice that the hung-over wore on. 

Why is it that they just can't accept that they got beat straight up -- by LSU and by AU? They were still thinking about the LSU game and that's why AU blitzed their #1 defense (LMAO) for 21 points in the first 11 minutes & manhandled them for 11 sacks the entire game. Got it. :no: The excuses from that fanbase are never ending. :au:

This poor soul represents a vast majority of uaters that I have encountered. They simply do not have the mental capacity to "get it" or they choose to bury their collective heads in that deep dark pink sand. :rolleyes:

VERY funny though! :big::lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

"I stared straight ahead and ignore their very presents."

247346[/snapback]

Presents? There were presents? I must have missed them while I was writing stuff down.

"I stared straight ahead and ignore their very presents."

247346[/snapback]

Presents? There were presents? I must have missed them while I was writing stuff down.

247696[/snapback]

Ya know, if an opposing fan base is giving you presents...isn't that a good thing? I've never gotten presents on a road trip

Come on now. uaters have given us "presents" for THREE CENTURIES!

Archived