Jay Barker taking his shots.

DKW 86

Slamming Carnell now.

Jay, YOU want to slam people about taking crip courses? :bs:

Jay, you have a total :bs: degree, Sports Fitness MGT. Guys, Barker has a degree in GYM. Carnell might have taken a crip course, we all do from time to time. Barker got crip DEGREE.

When he played at bama, the players called him "muscle beach." All he did was play around in the gym...

Pathetic...Thought you were a better guy Barker.

BTW, :thumbsup:

What I don't get is that these courses are all being portrayed as easy courses. The ones that are in question in particular may be. However, as somebody that is currently enrolled in school again, I have taken both web-bases classes and classes on campus. I can tell you that without a doubt, taking a web-based class is harder then taking the class on campus. To take a web-based class, you have to be more focused, manage your time better, and be more disciplined. You don't have a teacher that you are seeing 2-3 times a week to keep you on schedule and also to explain things if you have a question. Students take a web based class have to wait for the teacher to respond to a posting or e-mail if the student has a question. The awesome side of web-based classes is that you can do your schoolwork any time of the day and you don't have to spend time and gas money driving to the campus. It also lets you get ahead if you are motivated enough to do it. If I was in Caddy's shoes and knowing I was about to be a multi-millionaire, I would be taking the easiest classes I could take also.

I thought Jay Barker was a better guy then that. He has always been a class act, but I guess once a turd always a turd.

Close to our Health Promotion degree, though it is more education based it appears. Its set up for those that would want to work in a Wellness center involving exercise as a treatment for disease, such as cardiac rehab patients. Also using exercise testing as a screening method for possible disease. Includes basic business classes like ours.

I thought Jay Barker was a better guy then that. He has always been a class act, but I guess once a turd always a turd.

247833[/snapback]

I have no use for Jay Barker.

He is what he is. Alas, that is why the uat "faithful" worship him.

Truly sad.

i can't believe you guys expected him to spin it any other way.

Like GG said " no use for Jay "hypocrite" barker

I've met the gut on several occasions. I like him. Always seemed like a pretty good guy to me. Not much of a radio personality, but he's a pretty good guy in my experience. He's just expressing his opinion, and talking out of his ass. That's what radio people get paid to do. No reason to berate his character...

247833[/snapback]

I have no use for Jay Barker.

247853[/snapback]

I do. He can come to my house and scrub my toilet.

I've met the gut on several occasions.  I like him.  Always seemed like a pretty good guy to me.  Not much of a radio personality, but he's a pretty good guy in my experience.  He's just expressing his opinion, and talking out of his ass.  That's what radio people get paid to do.  No reason to berate his character...

247895[/snapback]

Not berating his character. I just don't care for him or anybody who blindly honks on bama's bobo and takes unsubstantiated shots at Auburn.

I lost any illusions I had about his journalistic integrity or his objectivity when he I heard him say in 2003 that Karlos Dansby reminded him a little of then-sophomore Freddie Roach. As if Roach were vastly superior to Dansby at that time.

I branded him an idiot then. The few times I've heard him speak, he's done nothing to change that perception. Homer idiot.

That has nothing to do with his character.

Well, he did turn quickly on AU this morning. He even mentioned that the University has a problem and that the theme from the papers was that this was widley known at AU...How in the &^% would he know that. That is a HUGE assumtion. But a fellow AU man called in and said "so Jay there weren't any class at UA that players were directed to or any easy classes that the student body knew about...he packpeddled then...

No reason to berate his character...

247895[/snapback]

How about his successful post-college football career then? What a joke.

No reason to berate his character...

247895[/snapback]

How about his successful post-college football career then? What a joke.

247926[/snapback]

I used to have alot of respect for Jay Barker because of his openness of faith, but now I see him for what he is, a "has been". I still think he is a pretty good guy, but I don't think he is all that intelligent. He has been known to make off the wall comments that don't seem to make any sense.

Slamming Carnell now.

Jay, YOU want to slam people about taking crip courses? :bs:

Jay, you have a total :bs: degree, Sports Fitness MGT. Guys, Barker has a degree in GYM. Carnell might have taken a crip course, we all do from time to time. Barker got crip DEGREE.

When he played at bama, the players called him "muscle beach." All he did was play around in the gym...

Pathetic...Thought you were a better guy Barker.

BTW,  :thumbsup:

247820[/snapback]

Carnell's classes in question came after his football eligibility was up. Who cares if he took Ball Room Dancing, or basket weaving. His grade would have no effect on the teams grades.

Jay Barker didn't make it as a pro precisely because he wasn't smart enough to learn an NFL offense. When he was trying to do so, I read several NFL scouts' remarks talking about their amzement at his ineptitude.

If this guy got a degree at UAT then it shows that there are plenty of easy courses to take.

For a Bama grad and former Bama QB, I always thought Jay did a pretty good job on the air to give AU props and not bash them. Sure he's gonna have a slant. Pat Dye and Stan White have slants when they are on the air too.

Anybody ever think Jay was saying what his station manager told him to say?

Jay Barker didn't make it as a pro precisely because he wasn't smart enough to learn an NFL offense. When he was trying to do so, I read several NFL scouts' remarks talking about their amzement at his ineptitude.

247941[/snapback]

Don't be so hard on him. Afterall, he did one hell of a bangup job in the XFL. :rolleyes:

Archived