How Is It Really Going?

DKW 86

How Is The NYT Article Reporting Really Going?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How Is The NYT Article Reporting Really Going?

• Bad-Worse than Expected...
    • Fair, About what i would have expected...
    • Well, far less junk than I expected....

For me, I have been astonished at how little the :sec: seems to care.

The Tide fans are over the top as anyone on the receiving end of 4-0 would be. Barker, Finebaum, etc are just being themselves.

Overall, it is probably better than I expected...TYL.

I think after the initial firestorm from the toothless nation settles down, you won't hear about this again. I mean, when you take off your <insert school color of choice> glasses and look at the issue, it doesn't seem that this was running rampant throughout our football team. Like you said, David, it only amounts to 7% of the students being football players.

I hope that fans from other schools can see through the smoke screen. After all, what comes around, goes around. Sometimes many times over... :big:

I'll go with "fair." There's nothing else to talk about at this time of the year, so you had to expect there to be quite a bit of chatter. All in all though, I think once media days gets here, most people will have moved on. By the time two-a-days start, order will be restored.

Somehow, we arent on some of the bigger rumor boards...Maybe we will be over this soon...I hope!

I just checked the three I track. We are only on one and it is just a C&P of the NYT Article.

BTW, we are off Drudge already as we speak!!!!

Man, I feel a big "War Eagle" coming if this could pass this quick.

It was worse than I expected but I would still have to vote fair. If the situation(which the article notes was resolved a year ago) doesn't go any deeper than a dispute between two faculty members then we will be fine. However, I'm not willing to say that everything is going to be fine until AU completes its investigation and this dies down a bit.

About what I expected, the bammers are trying to make it huge while the rest see it for what it is and are now punching holes in it. Speaks volumes when Cold Pizza blows it off as "why are we even talking about this, of course students take/know what classes are the easiest to get A's in We did and people always have at any school."

About all I've seen on this is on some of the other SEC boards, and its pretty typical. Most are like sharks who smell a little blood in the water. They don't even know the specifics and are saying that we'll get the death penalty. The ones who seem to have actually taken the time to look into what is going on see it as a minor thing and seem to be glad that it isn't their school the media chose to pick on.

The bottom line is that this is just off season trash. Everything is magnified this time of year because nothing else is happening.

This will only stay an issue until the next little manufactured scandal comes along. Then it will be as yesterday as the DaVinci Code.

Best quote I've seen yet on any of the boards:

"The day David Palmer can read the NYT article is the day the bammers getting all giddy have a right to be."

Archived