Have the AU Band play at your gathering!

wardmiller

Hey, y'all, and War Eagle! I just wanted to let all you tailgaters out there know about a new program the AU Marching Band has now. You can have either a pep band or the entire band perform at your tailgate/event. There are varying levels of performance times, depending on how much you want to spend. But you can check it all out at http://www.auburn.edu/auband/giving. Just read the grey sidebar on the right and it'll give you all the information that you need.

And by the way, the band will be huge this year. There are about 365 on the roll right now. So, you big spenders just close your eyes and imagine 375 members playing at your tailgate. 'Nuff said. WAR EAGLE!

You guys interested in doing a Navy Chief's retirement party next year? :big:

How cool would that be!

You guys interested in doing a Navy Chief's retirement party next year?  :big:

How cool would that be!

250134[/snapback]

I bet they would be :) . Just e-mail 1auband@auburn.edu with your request including a few details (date, time, etc) and I bet they'll talk to you about it. You can see the rate sheet at http://www.auburn.edu/auband/giving

WAR EAGLE!

They really are pimping out the band a lot more these days. I know they don't get near the money they need, but cut the students some slack. I didn't have enough free time on gamedays as it was when I was in there form 2001-2005.

Hey, y'all, and War Eagle!  I just wanted to let all you tailgaters out there know about a new program the AU Marching Band has now. You can have either a pep band or the entire band perform at your tailgate/event.  There are varying levels of performance times, depending on how much you want to spend.  But  you can check it all out at http://www.auburn.edu/auband/giving.  Just read the grey sidebar on the right and it'll give you all the information that you need.

And by the way, the band will be huge this year.  There are about 365 on the roll right now.  So, you big spenders just close your eyes and imagine 365 members playing at your tailgate.  'Nuff said.  WAR EAGLE!

250118[/snapback]

How many were in the band last year? 365 does seem like a lot.

Hey, y'all, and War Eagle!  I just wanted to let all you tailgaters out there know about a new program the AU Marching Band has now. You can have either a pep band or the entire band perform at your tailgate/event.  There are varying levels of performance times, depending on how much you want to spend.  But  you can check it all out at http://www.auburn.edu/auband/giving.  Just read the grey sidebar on the right and it'll give you all the information that you need.

And by the way, the band will be huge this year.  There are about 365 on the roll right now.  So, you big spenders just close your eyes and imagine 365 members playing at your tailgate.  'Nuff said.  WAR EAGLE!

250118[/snapback]

How many were in the band last year? 365 does seem like a lot.

250237[/snapback]

There were about 342 last year.

Please tell me the trumpet section finally has a decent number of people again. We were down to a pitiful number about 3 years ago.

If I donate a hamburger and some chips, how many of the 365 can I get to come play? That HAS to be worth a piccolo player and a tuba player. Throw in a 2nd trombone part and I'll even have some Dr. Zip to drink. That is a good deal I tell yah'!

I kid....

If I donate a hamburger and some chips, how many of the 365 can I get to come play?  That HAS to be worth a piccolo player and a tuba player. Throw in a 2nd trombone part and I'll even have some Dr. Zip to drink.  That is a good deal I tell yah'!

I kid....

250254[/snapback]

lol.....just get your tailgatin' buddies together and get a pool of cash up for a short pep band visit. Orrrrrrr, if you're feelin' really frugal, you can break out your trumpet and play for them for free! :D

love the band, you guys do a great job. Hopefully it won't be so hot

come game time, but the dance team, Tiger Paws are.

Orrrrrrr, if you're feelin' really frugal, you can break out your trumpet and play for them for free!

If i was to do that, people would be paying ME to STOP playing.

But, you let the powers that be know that my hamburger/chips/dr. zip offer deal is always on the "table" (pardon the pun).

Orrrrrrr, if you're feelin' really frugal, you can break out your trumpet and play for them for free!

If i was to do that, people would be paying ME to STOP playing.

But, you let the powers that be know that my hamburger/chips/dr. zip offer deal is always on the "table" (pardon the pun).

250284[/snapback]

Dude....that's terrrrrrible. lol

Please tell me the trumpet section finally has a decent number of people again. We were down to a pitiful number about 3 years ago.

250253[/snapback]

You arent kidding about that.....

john i know you got more than that to offer dont you??

They really are pimping out the band a lot more these days....

250220[/snapback]

I think free time on gamedays is prohibited for the band.

:no:

250407[/snapback]

I think they get a little time between tiger walk and when they start playing in the stadium because I always seem to see a few walking toward the stadium when I am headed there.

I remember when I was in band from 99 to 01 you didn't have much free time at all. Even if you didn't do tiger walk. Now I couldn't imagine it. Even before this newest addition they were getting worked pretty hard. I'm all for extra money, but jeez.

Of course, numbers are up since I was there -- $$ talks, and the numbers don't lie.

Go go band scholarships :D

hey wardmiller you might find this interesting

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/ind...0690.xml&coll=1

He has been at Johnson High School Huntsville helping out..

At 77, Greggs is a 56-year veteran of teaching music and marching. In December 2005, he retired after directing the Southern University band in Baton Rouge, La., for 36 years.

In retirement, Greggs works with band students in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, teaching the fundamentals of marching and good sound.

"Most band directors don't worry about the small things," Greggs said. "It's the small things that make a band good."

hey wardmiller you might find this interesting

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/ind...0690.xml&coll=1

He has been at Johnson High School Huntsville helping out..

At 77, Greggs is a 56-year veteran of teaching music and marching. In December 2005, he retired after directing the Southern University band in Baton Rouge, La., for 36 years.

In retirement, Greggs works with band students in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, teaching the fundamentals of marching and good sound.

"Most band directors don't worry about the small things," Greggs said. "It's the small things that make a band good."

250611[/snapback]

WHOA! 77 years old....I hope I can still hear at band by that time, much less work with one!

Do they offer Band Scholarships?

Jusr curious my daughter is in Band has been since 6th Grade,this is her first yr at highschool.It would be so cool if she could get a scholarship to play on the Plains.

Do they offer Band Scholarships?

Jusr curious my daughter is in Band has been since 6th Grade,this is her first yr at highschool.It would be so cool if she could get a scholarship to play on the Plains.

250840[/snapback]

Yes, just last year they began offering band scholarships to marching band members. It was the first time in the 109 history of the band that anyone ever got a scholarship for being in the AUMB. Now the band looks to have close to 380 members at camp this coming month.

However, a lot of the latest fundraising initiatives are targeting the acquisition of new instruments and a whole new uniform coming in 2007-08. The current uniforms are 12 years old, and wear and tear have taken their toll on them. The instruments are gonna be awesome - all silver, matching instruments for the trumpets, horns, trombones, baritones, and tubas. Many of them have already been acquired and will be on the field this fall.

With all of that stuff going on, I sure would appreciate y'all helping the band in anyway possible. WAR EAGLE!

Are they all one brand of horns, Ward? Are the trombones all straight tenors? Sounds cool -- will look kinda like the Michigan Band with their all silver horns.

Are they all one brand of horns, Ward? Are the trombones all straight tenors? Sounds cool -- will look kinda like the Michigan Band with their all silver horns.

250909[/snapback]

Well, each section is the same brand, not the same brand across all sections. The bones are Conns with F-attachments! :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

250909[/snapback]

Well, each section is the same brand, not the same brand across all sections. The bones are Conns with F-attachments! :blink:

Shameless bump

Archived