No spouse tickets!

bigsixfive

I have a problem with fraternities being allowed to block off areas because we are all part of Auburn University regardless of what group one belongs to. During the games, the entire student body should be allowed to sit wherever they want to in the student section. Auburn should be united during the games because the game is the one place where everyone can forget their troubles and personal lives for four hours and come together for a common cause. Just my two cents.

I'll agree there are some that go over the top, and that they won't be bold unless they got 20 people with them. Freshmen are the worse at it, most get over the cockiness after a year if they have it. But there is independents like that also, or club sports teams where they are like that.

I just hate the generalization that gets tossed to everyone in it. Like I said it didn't matter to me when I did it, I'm not active as I'm too old and beyond the partying, but the ones I meet in classes are pretty cool guys. I had alot of friends go to OU, now that place is bad with the greek system.

They go to all these pep rallys, well pledges do, and parades and stuff for spirit points to get the blocks. I know there is other organizations that also get blocks around the student section also. They do other stuff that reflects well on Auburn also like charity work and stuff, or badly at times unfortunatly also. Use to do the Big brother thing all the time, which actually was fun. I think people don't ever think about that and just the party stuff.

I understand what your saying though about the seating with the situation the way it is. Perhaps what the university should do is move the blocks for them around more some in the endzone, some upper, some lower, etc. Giving a more fair distribution of where the independent students can sit. I think they should get blocks cause they do spirit and charity stuff, but I also think that regular students should have some spots down close on the 30 yard line also or wherever, the whole bottom of the 30 to endzone shouldn't be fraternity only.

The taking away of spouse tickets is stupid though, as thats a really small percentage of the student section. More people without student tickets will end up getting in there than the number of spousal tickets that would have been given out this season.

Auburn needs to expand its student section, and break up the fraternity blocks some. Giving independent students a fair percentage of seats in a area, cause I agree everyone is a Auburn student. Regular students block stuff off also though, I've come in and seen shakers laying around on entire rows for people that were still tailgating. I always respected it, cause I used to have my saved area.

The other people getting in is a real problem also, always see other fans and people you know that are not in college, and bunches of kids. And with the current conditions anyone without a ticket is a problem.

Course after those years of sitting down low, I kinda enjoy the higher up seats now and being able to see things open up.

Posts take on a mind of their own all the time.  No big deal to me.  The only reason this discussion went toward the fraternity thing is because I never understood why they are allowed to block off huge sections of the student section thus causing massive problems for the rest of the Auburn student body.  There is really nowhere to sit for the big games if you are an independant and arrive at the game 30 minutes or less before kickoff.  But, all the frat guys get there whenever they feel like and receive preferential treatment.  Really aggravating.  Also there are many fans of other schools that get into the Auburn student section and I never could figure that one out.  You go to some of the other big football schools like LSU, Florida, and some others and you wouldn't think about going into their section with Auburn stuff on.  They will harrass the hell out of you until you leave or maybe worse.  Auburn already has problems with the student section being too small and think about the hundreds of people who stand on the ramps the entire game and the many who don't even get into the game.  Auburn could definitely support a stadium expansion and I believe these examples explain why.

250810[/snapback]

We earned spirit points for those seats in the section. We also had paper tickets for the seat numbers in the fraternity's possession. and also Do not say frat you would not refer to my country as my C__T>>>>>

cheap tickets in the nosebleeds

and ahhhh....just where are the cheap nosebleed seats located? you have a lot to learn about season tickets, my friend. there's no such thing as cheap tickets.

The issue is not a frat thing for starters. All groups can sign up and compete for spirit points. There are x amount of block seats and the groups with the highest spirit points get first selection until the block sections are full. War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen, Honors College, and ROTC are some of the non fraternity groups that also get block sections by getting enough spirit points. This competition is open to all groups so it isnt the fraternities fault that they do the work to get better seats. Logically, they should do an expansion of some size so they could enlarge the student section, but this wouldnt make them in $ because students get tickets for 95$ and donors pay thousands to ge theirs in the lower sections. We could also play patsies that are more interesting to warrant an expansion. I would much rather play Troy or UAB which would draw some away fans plus create intrastate interests. That would be way better than Buffalo/directional teams and we would still dominate along with drawing a better crowd.

Archived