1. 1. Who will win SEC East?

• Florida
    • Georgia
    • Kentucky
    • South Carolina
    • Tennessee
    • Vandy

Reasons please...

I say :uf: , good enough elsewhere with a very good senior qb too. No one else has anywhere close to that.

Gotta go with UGA. They're loaded with talent, and their coach is a proven winner, not to mention that he has now also proven he can break in a new QB rapidly. And, for the record, if anyone is going to take the East crown from UGA, it will likely be UT rather than UF.

I am voting UGA, CMR is a good coach and will have this team lack of clear starter or not ready to go as always. However I have this feeling about UT I think it could very easily be them we play in ATL. If they handle Cal, I think they might just sneak right on out of the east with the title in hand. But no team out of the east wins it without a lose maybe two.

I picked :ut: because they have good starters returning and they have made several changes in the coaching staff. Plus they can't be as snake bit as they were last year. Can they? :blink:

Guys, IMHO, you are overlooking the senior qb angle here. There will be points in the season where you will need that cool headed signal caller. The of the last 5 SEC Champs havent all had senior qbs?

Greene, Campbell, Shockley, Davey. Werent they all Seniors?

Greene in 2002 was a Sophmore

Mauck in 2003 was a Junior

250990[/snapback]

Thanks, I didnt know if I had it right. But Slink, Davey got LSU through the season was one of my points.

I hate to pick against UGA...but I think UF's qb situation gives them the edge.

:au::homer:

Greene in 2002 was a Sophmore

Mauck in 2003 was a Junior

250990[/snapback]

Thanks, I didnt know if I had it right. But Slink, Davey got LSU through the season was one of my points.

250991[/snapback]

In 2001, yes.

In 2003, Mauck was the QB the entire season.

UF is a sucker pick IMO. All you have to do is look at their schedule.

Their Junior QB looked pretty bad last year in that system. And Leak isnt know for his leadership qualities. So I dont see him being the typical senior QB.

I picked UGA. All they have to do is get stable play from the QB spot and they can win it.

Picked UGA last year and they did me right...gotta stick with it :)

UF is a sucker pick IMO. All you have to do is look at their schedule.

Their Junior QB looked pretty bad last year in that system. And Leak isnt know for his leadership qualities. So I dont see him being the typical senior QB.

I picked UGA. All they have to do is get stable play from the QB spot and they can win it.

Picked UGA last year and they did me right...gotta stick with it :)

251012[/snapback]

I'm going with them by default. But what do I know, I picked AU to beat Bamar the last 4 years. I think the fact that Leak has any experience at all beats everyone else. UT...nahhhhhhhh. UGA...no way with those qb's.... Nope, I'm goin' with UF.

:au::homer:

I think UT may get in thru the back door. UGA may lose a couple due to new or poor qb play. UF has a meat grinder schedule. UT has the athletes, they just need some glue to hold it all together. Culcliff may be just the right glue.

I picked USC due to Spurrier's genius, UT's overall problems, UF's brutal schedule & UGA's lack of experienced depth.

251082[/snapback]

Such as?

251084[/snapback]

Coaching. I've never been a fan of Fulmer. His one redeeming factor may be his ability to recruit. For somebody that gets more than his share of bluechip talent to sign with Tennessee, he doesn't seem to know how to coach or motivate them to play as a team. Fulmer had to fire his OC Randy Sanders after last season. His DC Chavez wasn't that far behind. The hire of David Cutcliffe to replace Sanders smacks of desperation on Fulmer's part. I could be wrong but I don't see them turning things around in one year.

I am going with Florida, and only because UGA get's all locked up when they see that "gators" on the side of a helmet.

South Carolina has too many issues on defense, with all the early departures to the NFL in their secondary, and the number of seniors that started so much of their season last year. Plus....Spurrier is not God!

USC was 3 points away from being in the SECCG last season. My vote was safe with Georgia with this thread but you better believe I'm looking out for South Carolina. Should I be bookmarking this thread??

Archived