ESPN Monday Night Gameday

AUDave

ESPN is at it again. If you watched the coverage before the FSU-Miami game, you know exactly what I'm talking about. While recapping the weekend games, they went through 1, 2, 3 and then skipped over us and went to USC, Oklahoma, and Cal. We were never mentioned. We are always told that we need to get more media coverage nationally, but how are we supposed to when they won't give it to us? Just thought it was a little ridiculous. Not that I care about what ESPN says, but I thought it would be an interesting topic.

Maybe it's because we played a Pac-10 team? No, that's not it, the Pac-10 is a powerhouse conference according to the media blitz we hear every week...

Maybe I am just paranoid, but I can see the same thing already happening to us again, 2 years later...

ESPN is at it again. If you watched the coverage before the FSU-Miami game, you know exactly what I'm talking about. While recapping the weekend games, they went through 1, 2, 3 and then skipped over us and went to USC, Oklahoma, and Cal. We were never mentioned. We are always told that we need to get more media coverage nationally, but how are we supposed to when they won't give it to us? Just thought it was a little ridiculous. Not that I care about what ESPN says, but I thought it would be an interesting topic.

Same thing happened Saturday morning on GameDay and Saturday evening on the GameDay wrap-up AND SportsCenter.

I saw that too! I was so angry I called TigerDad in South Carolina and vented! I keep thinking it would be a great night for a lightning strike - Lou, Lee and Co. are all there.

My wife and I were sitting there and noticed the same thing. It will be interesting to see if both AU and USC continue to remain undefeated if USC will eventually jump us in the polls. It would totally go against their rationale a couple of years ago, but I could see them coming up with some way to justify it.

If AU puts up a string of 40-50 pt games, they will not be able to ignore this team. I hope CTT can turn Borges loose when they get the opportunity and score as much as they can. Unfortunately, that's what impressess the pollsters most. I want those tools on Gameday to say, "Did you see what AU did? Can you believe the way Kenny Irons is running?" CTT is going to have to play the game otherwise AU will be continue to be an afterthought. I don't like it any more than y'all do but that's the reality of the BCS.

Tuberville said by request, that the Riverboat Gambler was back.. or something like that. Maybe he is planning to run the score up more this year. I hope so.

Also.. what pisses me off about Lee Corso and all of them. They say that West Virginia has an easy shot to the NC because of their schedule... which is about half as hard as ours was in 2004. Why is it that since WVU has the easy schedule, they are the favorites? I would think that a team like Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, or anyone (high-caliber with hard schedules) would make it over an undefeated WVU. Oh well.

Boy those Game Day boys sure can pick em!

Corso: California to win MNC, gets thumped by Tennessee

Herbsteit: Miami to win MNC, gets beat at home by FSU

Please guys don't pick us as your fall back!

LSU has not been talked about much either, actually the only time I have heard anyone on ESPN mentioning LSU was how they would not beat AU and how we spanked Miami last year. Let them talk about their media darlings now......both LSU and AU will get their air time here shortly!! :big: .........and the winner of that game is going to shoot up and start getting MAJOR attention!!!

I don't like running up the score either. I would much rather us take a comfortable lead as an opportunity to get the depth chart some playing time.

However, I agree that unfortunately that is the only thing that people notice. Most of those pollsters don't even watch the highlights from most games. ALL they look at is the score, and maybe the stats if you are lucky.

So, I am prepared for our team to run up some scores this year. It is time for us to start blowing people out whenever we can. 40-14 against WSU was a start.

LSU has not been talked about much either, actually the only time I have heard anyone on ESPN mentioning LSU was how they would not beat AU and how we spanked Miami last year. Let them talk about their media darlings now......both LSU and AU will get their air time here shortly!! :big: .........and the winner of that game is going to shoot up and start getting MAJOR attention!!!

Dude!!!

I think I'm going to be sick :puke: , but I agree!!!

I hope you are right about that last part...

Espn is a spin machine all they were talking about was how gutsy ND played in a comeback against a mediocre GT team!!!!!!! How great it was for OK to slip by Uab, Auburns game was shown for 30 seconds and never talked about thats ok Auburn will be heard this year!!!!!!!!!!!! :big:

Maybe it was because we were on some crappy network like.....ESPN2

Hey! We're 10-0 on the Deuce! :)

:au::homer:

My wife and I were sitting there and noticed the same thing. It will be interesting to see if both AU and USC continue to remain undefeated if USC will eventually jump us in the polls. It would totally go against their rationale a couple of years ago, but I could see them coming up with some way to justify it.

I had no idea it would happen this fast. I think this will only be a positive for our team and will motivate them throughout the season.

Archived