Real Question for Auburn Fans

DKW 86

What does CTT do at MSU  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Blowout or Call the Dogs Off?

• Blowout, CTT knows how polls work now.
    • Calls the Dogs Off the Dawgs and shows class to CSC.

I think he calls the Dogs off.

:msu: has lost its starting qb and likely the starting rb too. The :msu: D will play for all they are worth. CTT has already made some statements that he respects Croom too. I just dont know but I feel like he will call the dogs off like in the Iron Bowl.

I say 31-3, 31-7, everybody plays, we go home healthy and get ready for the 2006 Business Game.

Well, you are assuming a win. It is never a foregone conclusion, but I will play along. I think, if the opportunity presents itself, Tuberville will run up the score. If we can, we are going to score 70 points.

The main thing is to score more points than :msu: and to come home with the W. But, again, if the opportunity presents itself to not only secure the win but to work the polls, he will do it. The entire Auburn Nation is hungry this year.

I think we will have a tough time scoring untill we get late into the game. I think 30 something points are about all we could put up.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this will be a tough one.

I think at some point, the opportunity will present itself. Tight game until half time. But if it's a blowout, it will be through Lester and Smith and possibly Tate hammering the ball at them. No intent if it is a blowout.

I think if we hit 35-40 points, we'll start liberally substituting.

The thing about CTT is that he takes the long-term view, especially when it comes to program building. Not only would I hate to have a first-stringer injured long-after a game has been settled, but I really would want to get other players some playtime in anticipation of injuries or even next season.

The Bulldogs' offense is really struggling at this juncture, but they have a solid D. That makes them an excellent opportunity to provide second- and third-teamers with valuable experience.

If presented with the opportunity, I think he has no choice given the precedent the pollsters have already set. USC piles on the points in the 4th quarter to get to 50 and they jump over Auburn.

I really don't think CTT will let that happen to him again assuming they can find a way to win out this year.

We MAY? score bunches of points but not by the first teams. CTT can not afford to have anyone hurt late in a blowout the week before the lsu game.

As anemic as the Miss State offense has been if we hit around the 30 point mark I think CTT starts substituting on offense, I really think this is a game we will see Blake Fields, Brad Lester, Carl Stewart a lot starting around the middle of the 3rd quarter. On defense however I think we see starters longer just so they have more time to play and gel. I would like to see a blowout for polls sake but get the win and come home healthy is most important.

i don't forsee tubbs acting like spurrier trying to score 50 on uga in athens...(throwing deep in the 4th)

but, i think we're deep and good enough that, without trying to run up the score, we'll put some numbers up on them anyway.

the line is still 20. we'll cover in the first half.

we're not southern california...putting up 21 points in the 4th when up by 30...just to do it.

Coach Tubs will, if given the opportunity, call off the dogs. He always does.

i hope he plays smart and not CMFS ball and get a starter hurt late in the game... i'm always for calling off the dogs and showing class, excpet for a certain day in november where i hope we lay 100 on them.

We have 4 pretty solid running backs. They are going to go to work and wear out any defense late, just like they did against WSU. The predictions of tough scoring early might indeed be right, but I feel confident that if it is tied after 3 we can win it in the 4th.

I think he calls the dogs off but we still see a blowout. Defense and special teams could have three TDs alone.

If Sherril was still there he would pour it on them, Louisville style.

I think we will put up at least 35 to 40 again. Although :usc: only had 82 yds rushing, they did have 192 thru the air. I think we see a more balanced O this game than we did in the WSU game. We wil for sure have 100 yds rushing maybe 150, but I think we will air it out more to keep the LBs honest. Cox has a big day. In the other thread I said 38-6, but we could bust in an extra TD by second team O???

I don't know that they will even get 6....their O is not good with Henig gone, to be honest it wasn't that good with him there, but now that a freshman is playing. I felt sorry for him against USC, cause he couldn't hit a WR.

:msu: offense is in such bad shape that, barring turnovers or special teams goofs, :au: should have great field position all day. I think CTT will definitely call off the dogs / rest the 1s, but having a short field most / all game, the offense will put up some points no matter who's in the game. Cox gets back on track with a couple TD passes, and :au: cruises 38-10. ( :msu: gets some garbage-time points, a la '04.)

FWIW, I am only saying that :msu: scores on the 2nds and 3rds playing mopup. I think we could easily hand :msu: its second shutout in a row.

I think he calls the Dogs off.

:msu: has lost its starting qb and likely the starting rb too. The :msu: D will play for all they are worth. CTT has already made some statements that he respects Croom too. I just dont know but I feel like he will call the dogs off like in the Iron Bowl.

I say 31-3, 31-7, everybody plays, we go home healthy and get ready for the 2006 Business Game.

CTT just answered that on Tiger Talk. He wont run up the scores because he does'nt believe it should make a difference if you score 3 touchdowns or 5 as long as you get players plenty of playing time and win the game.

Convincing win, but don't run it up. 38-3 should be enough. Save some firepower for next week.

Archived