Weekly Poll Discussion

vatz22au

This is where we need to be going into the LSU game. Now, the ball is in our court. It is up to us.

Now it is more fair because #'s 1-3 all have to play tough games still left in the year. However, keep in mind that all Ohio St, ND, and AU all could still lose games which would likely send USC to the BCSMNC game, causing ESPN to pee their pants with joy while claiming "they system worked."

Bama at 24th is a joke, they have beaten two teams by a combined 11 points and neither team will go bowling probably, but they are back I guess.

Bama at 24th is a joke, they have beaten two teams by a combined 11 points and neither team will go bowling probably, but they are back I guess.

UH will go bowling, but VU won't.

We're certainly not back by any stretch. I know you were being sarcastic... but I was just wanting you to make sure that this :ua: fan isn't drinking the "We're back!" kool-aid. People don't realize that the "Bama is back!" myth has been kicking our program in the nads for a decade. We win one game and we're suddenly "back." To me, being "back" is putting together a run of more than 1 SEC titles over a period of 5 years... and winning the majority of the games against :au: , :ut: , and :lsu: . We certainly haven't done that. Anyone who tries to tell you that we're back needs to wake up from their dream.

I'm pretty TO'ed right now. I love my team and my school with all my heart... but I refuse to blindly follow like a sheep and pitch in to the "We're back" shouts just for fun. That HURTS the program, not helps it.

JMHO

Hey SL, looks like what everyone said about Stafford is the real deal. Even if Joe T. comes back, Staff will start for the rest of the season

Hey SL, looks like what everyone said about Stafford is the real deal. Even if Joe T. comes back, Staff will start for the rest of the season

Stafford threw 3 INT's...on the cover, that looks bad. I think Matt looked very, VERY good. Some of his throws amazed me.

Anyway, it depends on how Matt does in the next 3 weeks. Joe T is coming back in 4 weeks. If we play bad at QB up until then, Joe T may get the nod when he comes back.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28313

Guys, read my first look at the schedules of OSU, OSC, ND, AU and WVU. Then read the last article. MSNBC says so too.

The BS game is already set as OSU vs Nd-USC winner. Remember, the press doesnt care about the SEC. It would not change if LSU or AU won out.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28313

Guys, read my first look at the schedules of OSU, OSC, ND, AU and WVU. Then read the last article. MSNBC says so too.

The BS game is already set as OSU vs Nd-USC winner. Remember, the press doesnt care about the SEC. It would not change if LSU or AU won out.

I see where you're coming from and it looks like the other teams have an easier route to an undefeated season but that doesn't mean they'll all go undefeated. We've been pretty spoiled with undefeated teams in the last couple of years. I don't see more than two teams going undefeated this season. We have a long way to go and somethings gotta give. We did move up in the polls and that is a good thing. If ND or USC stumbles in the next couple of weeks, we could move up in the other polls. We play some very good opponents in the next several weeks and that could help us. But we have to focus on winning these games before we can even think about going undefeated.

UH will go bowling, but VU won't.

We're certainly not back by any stretch. I know you were being sarcastic... but I was just wanting you to make sure that this :ua: fan isn't drinking the "We're back!" kool-aid. People don't realize that the "Bama is back!" myth has been kicking our program in the nads for a decade. We win one game and we're suddenly "back." To me, being "back" is putting together a run of more than 1 SEC titles over a period of 5 years... and winning the majority of the games against :au: , :ut: , and :lsu: . We certainly haven't done that. Anyone who tries to tell you that we're back needs to wake up from their dream.

I'm pretty TO'ed right now. I love my team and my school with all my heart... but I refuse to blindly follow like a sheep and pitch in to the "We're back" shouts just for fun. That HURTS the program, not helps it.

JMHO

Good post, and yes I was being sarcastic with the "they are back" comment.

Archived