Sears and Blackmon out for LSU

Ryan Sanders

Sears and Blackmon will not start but will play. They have been kept in a gage with little more than a TV to watch LSU game film and watch tendencies. . Herring spends an hour with them everyday asking questions after an LSU play. If they get the right answer they get some ice cream. :big:

They have been on a limited diet and allowed to work out under srtict supervision with LSU Tiger Rag playing in the background. When they get out of that cage just before the game Saturday you are going to see two mean tigers.........wearing orange and blue :cheer:

gooniessloth.jpg

rivals story

This says a lot about the disipline in this program and the coaching staff has really made it clear that they will not tolerate any problems from anyone.

:au: vs. :lsu: is a great matchup cant wait.

WDE

Sears and Blackmon will not start but will play. They have been kept in a gage with little more than a TV to watch LSU game film and watch tendencies. . Herring spends an hour with them everyday asking questions after an LSU play. If they get the right answer they get some ice cream. :big:

They have been on a limited diet and allowed to work out under srtict supervision with LSU Tiger Rag playing in the background. When they get out of that cage just before the game Saturday you are going to see two mean tigers.........wearing orange and blue :cheer:

gooniessloth.jpg

Chunk! Chunk!

gooniessloth.jpg

Chunk! Chunk!

Baby Ruth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me sloth you Chunk!!!!!!!!!!!

It's on AL.com also.

When the suspensions were announced a while back ESPN radio had reported that they were out for three games. I don't know what the souce of "3" was or if it was a literal translation on their part of "several" but it's what they said none the less.

At this point it makes sense. It will give them both the Buffalo game to get in the flow with significant playing time before we hit Arky and Fl.

I don't think we'll see them for LSU, one reason their lack of recent game experience. Another reason is, we don't need them. If they wanna go out and get screwed-up them don't bother coming to Auburn. This program doesn't condone misbehavior of the drug/alcohol type.

Go ahead and climb out of the pulpit. They each made a mistake, neither was what I would call huge, and they have both been punished. I would say I'm sure you've made a mistake in your life too, but you probably haven't.....right? Goodness knows these are the first college students to drink alcohol....

Are you joking???? Sears got drunk "borrowed" a car, crashed it, and then fled the scene... That's not serious??

I turn 21 tomorrow...thank God I can finally drink...underage drinking is wrong ::rolls eyes::

(will I really be a different, more responsible person tomorrow than I am today? Will I really be able to make great choices starting tomorrow?)

That being said...we see Sears on saturday and Blackmon against Buffalo...

The difference is tomorrow your tried as an adult for your sins... Just something to remember. Youthful

offender dies at 21.

With that being said Kunzel I know you are an angel and would never do anything crazy right? :drink1:

The remainder to biblical reference that kingfish mentioned about casting stones is that Jesus then told the women to "go and sin no more". The point being, yes we are to forgive, but the sinner has a responsibility to change his behaviour. I would hope in this case, the two players are changing their behaviour.

I betcha they won't play

Sears, Blackmon out for LSU clash

Monday, September 11, 2006

By EVAN WOODBERY

Sports Reporter

AUBURN -- Suspended linebackers Kevin Sears and Tray Blackmon won't be back for this weekend's showdown against LSU, Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said on Sunday.

Both Sears and Blackmon said they have no idea when they will return and that Tuberville has said nothing to them about their suspensions.

The two linebackers' status "hasn't changed," Tuberville said in brief and sometimes cryptic comments to reporters Sunday afternoon.

Before the season, Tuberville said the linebackers would be out for "several" games, but he has offered no details and avoided commenting on the lengths of their suspensions.

The absence of the two linebackers has scarcely been noticed in Auburn's first two easy wins. But Auburn (2-0, 1-0 SEC), up to No. 3 in the new Associated Press poll, might be able to use the extra help against No. 6 LSU (2-0) Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Sears was arrested last November and convicted this summer for drunk driving and leaving the scene of an accident. Blackmon was arrested in May in his hometown of LaGrange, Ga., for being a minor in possession of alcohol. His record was cleared after he entered a pretrial diversion program.

Blackmon, a redshirt freshman, has watched the first two games on television.

"I kind of got emotional at times, watching the big plays, seeing my friends make big plays," he said. "I was happy for them. It was motivation. I look at it in a positive way and just try to keep looking, moving forward."

Sears, a senior, is watching the final games of his career slip away. He didn't know about Tuberville's statement until told by reporters.

"I'm just waiting, trying to get ready to play, taking it day by day," Sears said. "I haven't heard anything right now."

rest of article

http://www.al.com/auburn/mobileregister/in...&thispage=2

Both players said they never considered transferring.

"That didn't even cross my mind," Sears said. "I'm an Auburn man. That's what I want to do."

Their help wasn't needed Saturday against Mississippi State. After reviewing tape of Auburn's 34-0 shellacking, coaches said there were few surprises and, for a second week in a row, few flaws.

"A shutout in this league is pretty tough, even though they had some injuries," Tuberville said. "I thought we kept our composure when we had our backs against the wall and played pretty good. We had a lot of good individual performances."

Offensive coordinator Al Borges said he wasn't concerned by Kenny Irons' lack of production. He finished with only 69 yards after rushing for 183 in the opener against Washington State.

"It's a worry if you can't throw the ball," Borges said. "If you run the ball and that's all you can do, that's the ultimate nightmare. The name of our game is balance. We start with running the ball, but when we're the most effective is when we have the ability to do both."

Forced to carry the offense, quarterback Brandon Cox and a host of receivers had no problems.

"They were of the mind that they were going to make the quarterback beat them, and I think the quarterback did that," Borges said. "It's nice to know if they do stop our running game, and people are obsessed with stopping our running game, we have some answers."

Irons ran wild last year against LSU, amassing 218 rushing yards in what Borges called one of the most impressive individual performances he had ever witnessed.

"I hope we can do it again," Borges said.

Guys, bottom line is most of us if not all of us have gotten our snoots in the jug one time or another and probably done other things we should not have too. Point is, anytime ANYONE breaks the law with their "child-like acts" punishment MUST be dealt out. In Sears and Blackmon's cases, CTT actually had no choice but to discipline them to show the other members of the team that he had total control over the team as well as set a good example of character for recruits who may be thinking about coming to AU. I admire him for taking this kind of stance on discipline as well as his stance on academics. Make no mistake about it, Mama's and Papa's n otice such stuff and remember it well when the time comes for their child to announce where he or she are going to college. As for the number of games they will set out......who knows but I would bet it's after the LSU game IF there are not other facts we don't know about.....Trust TT.

I sure would love for them to be playing Saturday, b/c it would help us out tremendously!!!! BUT, CTT has put the gaunlet down and I think everybody man on that team now beyond a shadow of a doubt knows the consequences for getting in trouble. I had thought for sure they would be back. Sears had served a one game last year already, plus these 3 this year, WOW!! Blackmon's biggest mistake was the coaching staff finding out about the arrest thru the media! His offense was not a huge deal, hanging with wrong folks, who knows if he was driver or not, I doubt it, but.... to answer other questions.....Sears would have been starting over Johnson, and Sears was still a backup but heavily in the rotation at strongside LB. IF they were playing Saturday they would be deeply involved in the action.

The one thing I don't want to hear from anyone on here next week is bellyaching and yitching if for some reason Auburn does lose to the Tigahs. CTT is taking a stand and setting an example for these young men and for more to come.

I personally don't think that depth at LB will win or lose the game, and as we all know, Blackmon has virtually no experience. Sears' experience and the added depth could certainly help on Saturday, but that factor alone won't win or lose that game.

Archived