Sears and Blackmon out for LSU

Ryan Sanders

Good question - it would sure be nice to see what our D would look like with them on the field!

Lets just say I would be kind of surprised if they were not back. However, CTT may do what he does best and surprise me and alot of other people by keeping them out for such a big game. If he does, I have full trust in the fact he knows what he is doing. CTT's principles are a little higher then most coaches in the NCAA, so who knows.

I don't think we'll see them for LSU, one reason their lack of recent game experience. Another reason is, we don't need them. If they wanna go out and get screwed-up them don't bother coming to Auburn. This program doesn't condone misbehavior of the drug/alcohol type.

I don't think we'll see them for LSU, one reason their lack of recent game experience. Another reason is, we don't need them. If they wanna go out and get screwed-up them don't bother coming to Auburn. This program doesn't condone misbehavior of the drug/alcohol type.

Right...I never got polluted or made mistakes at that age...er...wait...oh, yes I did.

:au::homer:

Go ahead and climb out of the pulpit. They each made a mistake, neither was what I would call huge, and they have both been punished. I would say I'm sure you've made a mistake in your life too, but you probably haven't.....right? Goodness knows these are the first college students to drink alcohol....

Would they necessarily be anything more than backup right now even if they were allowed to play? I don't have any doubts about their talent, but how rusty are they? They haven't been in a game situation since last season, and LSU is a hell of a game in which to work the rust and cobwebs out of your system. Meanwhile, Merrill and Karibe have been looking good and have two games worth of fresh experience.

Sears and Blackmon certainly have the talent and ability to work themselves back into regular rotation or even starting, but I don't know if this coming Saturday at Jordan-Hare is the time or place to do so. But they'll be back soon and I am looking forward to seeing them knocking some heads.

I think the ones who have started the first two games will start this game. Sears and Blackmon will come in as great substitutes. Also for the first two games AU has played mostly two LB sets. That can change with Sears & Blackmon available and likely will need to in this game. With all that said, I will add whatever CTT decides is fine with me. He knows what is and has been going on and knows best what this team needs.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Would they necessarily be anything more than backup right now even if they were allowed to play? I don't have any doubts about their talent, but how rusty are they? They haven't been in a game situation since last season, and LSU is a hell of a game in which to work the rust and cobwebs out of your system. Meanwhile, Merrill and Karibe have been looking good and have two games worth of fresh experience.

Sears and Blackmon certainly have the talent and ability to work themselves back into regular rotation or even starting, but I don't know if this coming Saturday at Jordan-Hare is the time or place to do so. But they'll be back soon and I am looking forward to seeing them knocking some heads.

Good point. If they are back, CTT may not start them, just work them in some.

BF, you need to read a little bit better of the Good Book you preach out of. We all make mistakes and we are given second chances with forgiveness. Forgiveness does not exclude us from punishment for our mistakes, but it does allow us to get on with our lives after paying for those mistakes. Sears and Blackmon are paying for theirs and once they have served their time, they have the right to continue their lives and to make themselves better persons for the hard lesson they learned.

I turn 21 tomorrow...thank God I can finally drink...underage drinking is wrong ::rolls eyes::

(will I really be a different, more responsible person tomorrow than I am today? Will I really be able to make great choices starting tomorrow?)

That being said...we see Sears on saturday and Blackmon against Buffalo...

I think the ones who have started the first two games will start this game. Sears and Blackmon will come in as great substitutes. Also for the first two games AU has played mostly two LB sets. That can change with Sears & Blackmon available and likely will need to in this game. With all that said, I will add whatever CTT decides is fine with me. He knows what is and has been going on and knows best what this team needs.

WAR EAGLE!!!

What he said.

It is a good feeling to have confidence in your coach to do the right thing in a situation such as this. My inclination would be that I hope he discerns the time is right to put these guys in sometime Saturday. I too am anticipating some great hits from Blackmon and would like for them to begin this week.

I think the idea of forgivingness as expressed in the Bible has been correctly pointed out here, but I add the following words of Jesus Christ when the religious leaders of the day wanted to stone the woman caught in the very act of adultery, "He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her." [John 8:7] And the rest of the story is that the first stone was never thrown at her because no one was qualified to throw it for each one had sinned. Jesus looking deeply into this woman's heart knew she was repentant and a basic spiritual principle is ... forgiveness ALWAYS follows true repentance.

Go ahead and climbout of the pulipit. They each made a mistake, neither was what I would call huge, and they have both been punished. I would say I'm sure you've made a mistake in your life too, but you probably haven't.....right? Goodness knows these are the first college students to drink alcohol....

Um, don't try reason with BF, he thinks Bush placed explosives in the WTC towers and a missle hit the Pentagon, you are wasting your breath...

Anyway, i know Sears will play, probobly start, and i think that Tray will get in a good bit. I wouldnt be suprised for muschamp to let Tray blitz a little bit and try and get at Jemarcus Russel. Tray hits really hard, and is an excellent player.

Does anyone have any information on when Sears and Blackmon will return from their suspension? I have heard multiple stories, but have not had any concrete answer. It wouldn't hurt to have them back this week. 6 more days! War Eagle! Beat :lsu:

I know, I know, I apologize. I'm just stickler when it comes to illegal activities. I have made many, many mistakes, but I just don't want to see anyone repeat the mistakes I have made, that's all. To be honest, I have made similar mistakes to theirs. Maybe that's why I'm so hard.

Rival's is reporting that Tuberville stated there is no change in the status of Kevin Sears and Tray Blackmon. They are still under suspension for an unspecified amount of time, including the LSU game.

Coach is laying down the law.

WAR EAGLE!!!

What he said.

Sears and Blackmon will not start but will play. They have been kept in a gage with little more than a TV to watch LSU game film and watch tendencies. . Herring spends an hour with them everyday asking questions after an LSU play. If they get the right answer they get some ice cream. :big:

They have been on a limited diet and allowed to work out under srtict supervision with LSU Tiger Rag playing in the background. When they get out of that cage just before the game Saturday you are going to see two mean tigers.........wearing orange and blue :cheer:

Archived