National Championship?

Tiger23

I was just wondering what some of you think our chances are of winning the national championship are if we get past lsu. I don't think we have as good a team as we did in 2004 but we still have a great team. We also have a very favorable home schedule. I think if we can beat lsu this weekend the only other major road block will be florida. I was just wondering what some of yall's opinion's were on our chances of winning the nc.

LSU is a darn good team, and victory is far form certain... anyone thinking ahead at this point needs to stop before they put bad mojo on the team.

LSU is a darn good team, and victory is far form certain... anyone thinking ahead at this point needs to stop before they put bad mojo on the team.

AGREED! No MNC talk! There are way too many games after the LSU game IF we we win. We have to just focus on ONE GAME AT A TIME and let the other stuff take care of itself. Wins and losses are the only thing that the team can control, so no need to worry about the other stuff.

Its LSU this week, and until we get through them, and the rest of the 9 weeks on the schedule, I don't think we should talk about NCs.

To actually ANSWER the question, since this is a football forum...really tough to say. We still have a lot of very difficult games to play with UF, UGA, USCon the road, etc. And then there's the ND, OSU, SC factor...if two of them don't lose...we don't get the chance to play for it NO MATTER WHAT WE DO. And you can take that to the bank. But if we run the table again, it'll be a dang travesty if we don't get to play for it this time (it was last time too!)

:au::homer:

To actually ANSWER the question, since this is a football forum...really tough to say. We still have a lot of very difficult games to play with UF, UGA, USCon the road, etc. And then there's the ND, OSU, SC factor...if two of them don't lose...we don't get the chance to play for it NO MATTER WHAT WE DO. And you can take that to the bank. But if we run the table again, it'll be a dang travesty if we don't get to play for it this time (it was last time too!)

no one cares....its all about lsu and thats all it will b about till there are goose eggs in the time slot of the 4th quarter

To actually ANSWER the question, since this is a football forum...

this is a NO HOO DOO zone! SHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIISSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH.

Amen G2! How can some of you call yourself football fans and not be superstitious?! Any talk of a MNC can put a jinx on the season! ;)

no one cares....its all about lsu and thats all it will b about till there are goose eggs in the time slot of the 4th quarter

Someone cares or he wouldn't have asked the question.

To actually ANSWER the question, since this is a football forum...

this is a NO HOO DOO zone! SHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIISSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH.

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are!!! :)

Guest Tigrinum Major

how yall think we can compare with the 04 team?

Well, that is a difficult question. If those two teams played each other, who would Courtney Taylor, Will Herring, Carl Stewart and Karibi Dede play for?

I think they are comparable, but at the same time hesitate to compare them. The big three in the offensive backfield in 2004 were pretty darn good. These new kids aren't bad. Same for the secondary. Rogers and Rosegreen were pretty strong, but Irons and Tristan Davis are no slouches.

The schedule is favorable, but we don't know what everyone really has at this point.

Enjoy this season for what it is and don't get caught up in comparisions that, at the end of the day, are unfair to all parties involved.

how yall think we can compare with the 04 team?

Well, that is a difficult question. If those two teams played each other, who would Courtney Taylor, Will Herring, Carl Stewart and Karibi Dede play for?

I think they are comparable, but at the same time hesitate to compare them. The big three in the offensive backfield in 2004 were pretty darn good. These new kids aren't bad. Same for the secondary. Rogers and Rosegreen were pretty strong, but Irons and Tristan Davis are no slouches.

The schedule is favorable, but we don't know what everyone really has at this point.

Enjoy this season for what it is and don't get caught up in comparisions that, at the end of the day, are unfair to all parties involved.

What he said. And another thing. Don't come across sounding like Bammers. "This team reminds me of 1992." :roflol:

This team reminds me of the 2006 team. And that's all.

In fact, I propose that anybody who uses the words "national" and "championship" in a sentence before the end of the Alabama game or the SECCG needs to be flogged, and forced to date an Alabama cheerleader.

What he said. And another thing. Don't come across sounding like Bammers. "This team reminds me of 1992." :roflol:

This team reminds me of the 2006 team. And that's all.

My thoughts exactly. I think somebody started a thread like that a few days ago and I wanted to reply exactly like that, but I must have not been feeling good that day and did not want to be a jerk about it.

We will see great things from THIS team Saturday. Period. Beat LSU. That is all that matters, well, for the next 3 days anyway.

I was just wondering what some of you think our chances are of winning the national championship are if we get past lsu. I don't think we have as good a team as we did in 2004 but we still have a great team. We also have a very favorable home schedule. I think if we can beat lsu this weekend the only other major road block will be florida. I was just wondering what some of yall's opinion's were on our chances of winning the nc.

Do you guys have UGA at home or away this year? I cant remember.

Not that it matters, i expect you guys to win out in the SEC this year.

Sadly, ND/OSU will be #1-#2 for the rest of the year until they lose

Oh yea, for sure.....I dont see OSU losing this year.....they are jsut that good......ND on the other hand.....i dont know, maybe someone can upset them.

Archived