Time to walk the "Physical" walk

JB33

We heard all spring and pre-season how CTT, et al were determined to be more physical. Well, this weekend we'll see the results. I don't like the WR-DB matchups on either side of the ball, so we'd better win up front. Offensively, KI/BL need to have a monster game, and they won't be able to do it unless BG, TD & Co control the line of scrimmage (like last year). Defensively, while I think D Irons and J Wilhite will hold their own on the outside, if JR has time to sit in the pocket (i.e., if our D-line can't get to him), frankly, I'm frightened of what he'll do to our neophyte safeties down the middle . . .

Thoughts . . . ? Reassurances?

[Don't mean to sound negative; I've just had a(n increasingly) bad feeling about this one the last day or two . . .]

I agree with you in that Russell, if given time, will kill the secondary. Even if you don't give him time in the pocket, he can kill you while throwing on the run.

The biggest concerns I have are that one and the fact that LSU should line up to stop the run. Their secondary is good enough to contain Auburn's passing game, unless CT can make some plays early and take the double-teams freeing up the other guys to make some of their own.

My biggest worry = offensive line.

MSU lined 9 in the box, but we it oughtta take only 6 AU blockers to gain a yard or two against any defensive front. Kenny was hit as soon as he got the ball.

Our O Line has the potential to lead us to a National Championship. They just need to gel. I'd say game 3 is the right time to gel, wouldn't you?

;)

I dont think anyone will argue that this is the most talented team :au: will face all year. That in itself is scary considering the likes of Florida and Georgia on the schedule. :lsu: just matches up so evenly with :au: across the board.

This one will be won in the trenches. Last season Auburn had an outstanding O-line and LSU an outstanding D-Line. Both lost some key members. Both will win some battles, both will lose some. LSU's O-line this season has lost a lot while Auburn's D-line seems better at times. Throw in a pressure defense and we will have to wait.

Would it be an understatement to say that EVERYONE is pumped up?

First time posting under this name! Used to be Grnbaytiger. As you can see ive moved. And let me tell you UVA SUX OUT LOUD :poke: and I cant tell you how much it sux that I will be working the UVA western Mich game that STARTS AT 3:30!!! But DVR is a awesome thing to have. And this game always scares me. That D is fast and well coached! Ours is as well! There O has always been a little ify from week to week but always talented...ALWAYS talented. Our O has ALWAYS run the ball....ALWAYS run the bal.l Passing is very often scktchy until late i.e Campbell, Cox. Special teams they generally have some speed return guy who is cat quick and untouchable until the 40 yard line. Kickers to be honest ive never paid attention to the LSU kickers so they must be pretty good I dont notice them!! We have had some miracle kickers and some one big game kickers but we always had a scholly kicker that had a high accuracy rate over thier 4 years. This puts both teams on the field killing one another for 60 minutes a.k.a SEC FOOTBALL! Stomach is in complete turmoil cant sleep food doesnt taste good feel like im going to explode and I dont even have a say in who wins!!!... Thats why im nervous... (que the hitched up pants and beer belly grab) In high school I had a say..never got nervous! Heres to the men on the feild playin clean and going home in one piece...AND WAR DAMN EAGLE to ALL!!!!!

O.N.E game at a time Men

Archived