D Irons as Trash talker, CWM to try and rattle Russell

DKW 86

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

6 LSU AT 3 AUBURN

DAVID IRONS AS TRASH TALKER

It's one thing to talk trash. It's another thing to talk trash like Auburn cornerback David Irons, who is, quite possibly, the best in the nation at it. Irons, a potential All-America corner, will be matched up with LSU receiver Dwayne Bowe, who had offseason eye surgery to limit drops, perfect fodder for Irons.

Here's what Ironssaid has in store for Bowe: "You can't see and you can't catch... Do you need my coaches to help you out? ... You're so little I can't even beat you up... And finally... You ain't pretty, son..."

Irons says he’s: “In Dwayne’s head.”

Irons said he takes a blue magic marker and writes the phrase “JIM THORPE” on his white T-Shirt every day, as a reminder that he expects to win the award given each year to the nation’s top defensive back.

“The nation is sleeping on me,” Irons said. “I’m going to be the best cornerback in the nation. They all talked about Jason Hill from Washington State and he couldn’t get off my jam.

More Irons: “Last year, I didn’t have any picks. I was coming off knee surgery, so I was fighting it. I was always thinking about it. Coming off an ACL, you think about it. It was in the back of my head. And I haven’t said that before. I was scared. So I just broke up balls I could have picked, like one against LSU and two against Georgia . I could have had six picks and my name would have been across the world. The next one? I celebrate.”

JAMARCUS RUSSELL VS. WILL MUSCHAMP

LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell on the moment he stopped looking over his shoulder. “I did that a long time ago,” Russell said. “You can’t play at full speed if you’re doing that. I want to be able to play reckless. I’ve never doubted that I would be the guy.”

Russell said he expects Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp (former LSU defensive coordinator when Russell was there) to “try to shake us up and get us out of whack early.”

Why? “Because he wants to rattle us,” Russell said. “But I can’t be rattled.”

Irons needs to shut his trap and do his job. LSU has potential to take him to school.

If he does what is expected of him then talk.

Talk is cheap and he knows he has to back it up. Junior Rosegreen use to do the same thing. I like players that run thier mouths to the other players sometimes that can give you an edge.

Irons needs to shut his trap and do his job. LSU has potential to take him to school.

Talk is cheap and he knows he has to back it up. Junior Rosegreen use to do the same thing. I like players that run thier mouths to the other players sometimes that can give you an edge.

or it can bite you in the a$$ and make you look like an idiot

or it can bite you in the a$$ and make you look like an idiot

It hasn't bit Irons yet and hes goin on his second year at the SEC level....I don't have a problem with it as long as he can back it up which hes shown he can

Yea hes going to keep talking because it is part of his game. He is the best part of our secondary and that is something he uses to get inside people's head and so far it has worked. Now i know everybody that has posted on this subject is an expert on how the game is played and has been a cornerback at the :sec: level so my coments will probably fall on deaf ears but i figured id give my 2 cents anyway. Keep talkin DI.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!

Yea hes going to keep talking because it is part of his game. He is the best part of our secondary and that is something he uses to get inside people's head and so far it has worked. Now i know everybody that has posted on this subject is an expert on how the game is played and has been a cornerback at the :sec: level so my coments will probably fall on deaf ears but i figured id give my 2 cents anyway. Keep talkin DI.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!

I'm not concerned with Irons getting inside our senior from Miami's head. I cannot comment on his game or technique but I will comment on his stupidity in trash talking a senior before the biggest game of the year.

Don't read anything into all the smack. I just read an article a few days ago about how these two, Irons and Bowe, are great friends. They call each other constantly and train together during the off-season. Throwing smack at each other is all in fun and they both admit to trying to out talk the other.

Iron's is doing the old hey batta batta batta swing techinque.It will get in your head.As far as stopping the trash talk....why?Because he might get beat in a play or two,and look like an idiot.My friends if he doesn't trash talk and gets beat in a play or two or plenty he STILL looks bad,whats the difference?LSU is going to play there best game no matter what's said...just trying to create some tension and when that happens sometimes you try too hard and performance will go down.KEEP it up D Irons you're doing fine.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!

I'm not concerned with Irons getting inside our senior from Miami's head. I cannot comment on his game or technique but I will comment on his stupidity in trash talking a senior before the biggest game of the year.

Um, the two guys train in the offseason together. Get your facts together dimwit. He's just doing it for fun. Just friendly competition.

Um, the two guys train in the offseason together. Get your facts together dimwit. He's just doing it for fun. Just friendly competition.

The extent of my facts were what I read on THIS message board, and I responded to what I read. I didn't feel the need to research it any further, DIMWIT.

Well, if you didn't care to do the research don't spout off with a ..."I will comment on his stupidity"

You think he's stupid. I think you're stupid. Who's right?

When you resort to playground bs behind a keyboard, you are showing a lack of maturity and intelligence. Learn to post and debate in a civil manner or don't post at all! :angry:

When you resort to playground bs behind a keyboard, you are showing a lack of maturity and intelligence. Learn to post and debate in a civil manner or don't post at all! :angry:

Is the LSU nation board so bad that they have to come to our house and make ridiculous post? Or is it some people just have no life? WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived