What do you guys think of Sidney Rice?

sidneyforheisman4

For some reason I feel like we have an extremely special player that doesnt get the due national exposure due to the lack of success of our University in the past...i.e. had he played for FSU and caught 5 TDs, albeit against Florida Atlantic, Fowler and the gang would be hailing him an All-American right now. Am I wrong? BTW great site guys, its almost as nice as CockyTalk.com...haha j/k. GOOO COCKS!

welcome...and as far as your question goes. I've heard a lot about him but haven't seen him play. I do know he's the type of player that can make a big play on any given down. Very likely you are right about his lack of exposure. Its unfortunate that the media is so enamored with USC, Texas, Ohio State, and a few others to notice other talent....

He's a lot like a Plaxico Burress or Keyshawn Johnson, not overly fast, but physical and catches anything near him. He lost the SEC Freshman of the year last year by the hair on his chinny chin chin to Darren McFadden. And thus far he has at least committed to staying thru his Junior year.

I think he is a hell of a player for yall....he does remind me of a Plaxico Burress ... long wingspan. As far as his national attention, hes in somewhat of a sophmore slump (last week not-withstanding... I know he had 5 TDs) but until that point he had been keyed on in every game as your only offensive weapon. No doubt the potential for him is great and once you guys have a steady solution at QB he will start to get some national spotlight.

I think he's the real deal. He's not an easy guy to handle, that's for sure. He's the kind of guy you try to minimize, because you probably can't eliminate him.

BTW, what do you guys think of Kenny Irons?

He's like Calvin Johnson of the SEC. Great receiver, he could keep any team alive just simply by being on the field. It's too bad he doesn't have a good supporting cast to help him. And that's what's going to cost them this Thursday.

i look for david irons to rough him up a good bit and throw him off his routs just long enough for the dline to put presure on newton/mitchell. If david is good at one thing it is being physical.

Great player with NFL written all over him. He will contribute, but it won't be enough on Thursday.

Archived