Thoughts

Boonan

I more or less look at it like this:

When you are a top ranked team, you get everyone's best shot, to use the cliché. Over the last couple of years, whatever you think of Southern Cal, they would strugle against the Fresno State's of the world, but they still won. You can't expect the team to get up for all 12 games on the schedule the same. You have good nights and you have some off nights. The team and coaches will learn from the experience, and will come out better next time. Would rather have a elarning experience like last night against South Carolina, which we're able to win becaus eof the talent disparity, or have it happen against Florida, which would lead to a blowout.

It isn't the end of the world... they won the game. That is all you can ask for. Who cares about style points and all that crap... AU in all likelyhood wouldn't make it the MNC game without the teams ahead losing anyway... stylepoints against UGA didn't help last time around.

Boonan, I defenantly agree with your thoughts. I really think South Caralina played above their heads last night, probably still pissed from last year. Hopefully, they do well the rest of the year and this close win may actually help us. They are still a winning team at 3-2. They could realistically finish 8-4 with one win in the three tough games left on their schedule, and possibly ranked. 9-3 for them may be a stretch, but not if they play out the season like they did last night.

And I agree, a win is a win, not matter what style. Last night was just a nail-bitter, on the edge of your seat, cuss of a game. We did not play our best on national television when we were the only game on. Now if WSU beats USC this weekend, and my frustrations will turn into elations.

I thought SC played well and AU's defensive game plan and poor tackling made them look even better. I don't really understand why we rushed 3 and dropped 8 all night...especially when it wasn't working. CSS stated that as soon as he saw what we were doing he immediately tossed his game plan and attacked that defense. It would seem that with a QB starting what his 3rd game, we would have brought the pressure all night...every time we did send a 4 man front or ran a blitz, it seemed to work. Really curious defensive plan IMHO and we didn't tackle well either. How does a receiver get so wide open down the middle for a TD when we have 8 in coverage? Weird. But it was a W!

It is difficult to even THINK about Football while looking at your sig pic.

Let us not forget that Steve Spurrier is probably the best offensive mind to ever coach the college game. He used a backyard style offense and used our speed against us! If we get better at pass blocking, we will be fine!

Archived