Portrayal of Auburn on The Sports List

AUfan88

I just watched the Sports List on Fox Sports Net and they were counting down the top college football rivalries. When it got to Alabama-Auburn they had a banjo playing in the background and had people on there talking about how "redneck", "scary", and "toothless" both fanbases are. Now I am not one to really cry about what other people say about Auburn. I honestly don't care if some Alabama fan tells me that Auburn is a redneck cow college, unlike some people on this board, because its not like that opinion is really any use to me. But when people are calling anybody that goes for either of the teams in Alabama a bunch of toothless hillbillies on a nationally televised program, it kind of irritates me, just for the fact that people can't get over thinking that the south is backwards and do not realize that there are rednecks everywhere, not just the south.

Did anyone catch the Rivalry Rankings Saturday morning on Fox Sports?

They ranked the AU/UA game 6th. Army/Navy was 2nd!

But the comment on the AU/UA game - if I heard it right was downright deplorable. I think they said, "Great numbers of 'toothless' (wonders/faithful/fans?) show up . . . ."

If they used "toothless" to describe our fans, then shame upon them. I want to make sure I heard that right. Does anyone have the straight skinny on this?

Archived