AU Fan Quiz...What caused the rift between Holtz and CTT?

DKW 86

Answer: Back in 2004, during the final coaches poll we got 1 less vote than the SEC had voters. CTT and others assumed the SEC would stand together with each other and all vote AU into the Top 2 Positions.

Short story, Holtz said he voted AU #1 in the BCS mess back then, When they published the final ballots, Guess what? Holtz was the lone SEC Coach stabbing us in the back. It wouldnt have mattered in the long run, but Holtz stabbing us in the back was when CTT stopped having a good word to say about Holtz. Hey, its not like he wasnt going on probation at the same time.

Its not like Holtz was that great a coach in the SEC anyway.

i'm not questioning the validity of this or anything, but, is there any public links to this?

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/004208.php

Lou Holtz voted fellow SEC team Auburn 3rd in the final poll.

That was the only I found googling it this morning. The link to The State is now a dead one too.

Thufferin thuccotash man, are you sure?

Thurtinly, I'm thure!!! :roflol:

:au::homer:

Answer: Back in 2004, during the final coaches poll we got 1 less vote than the SEC had voters. CTT and others assumed the SEC would stand together with each other and all vote AU into the Top 2 Positions.

Short story, Holtz said he voted AU #1 in the BCS mess back then, When they published the final ballots, Guess what? Holtz was the lone SEC Coach stabbing us in the back. It wouldnt have mattered in the long run, but Holtz stabbing us in the back was when CTT stopped having a good word to say about Holtz. Hey, its not like he wasnt going on probation at the same time.

Its not like Holtz was that great a coach in the SEC anyway.

i'm not questioning the validity of this or anything, but, is there any public links to this?

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/004208.php

Lou Holtz voted fellow SEC team Auburn 3rd in the final poll.

That was the only I found googling it this morning. The link to The State is now a dead one too.

This explains why he was a top choice to fill Trev's chair!!! Thanks David, that was the missing piece of the puzzle.

Archived