LSU hangover???

eagle76

Does anyone else here feel that we placed SO much emphasis on the lsu game that we have been both physically and emotionally flat since? We just haven't gotten completely back on track since that game. Don't take me wrong, we have won them all but have not been hitting on all cylinders. At times we looked great, then at other times we have looked - well you have seen it too. It's not just the players, but our coaching and "O" and "D" calls have not been quite right (wins but something is just not coming together and staying together). Hopefully, after 3 strange games, the arky game will be our "put it back together and keep it together" game. Now take your shots.

I think our games have been fairly consistent. Sure, there are moments during the season that leave us scratching our head and whatnot but I think it's normal. The first two games weren't all that sparkling for us because we were prepared for LSU.

After LSU we have had injuries, and I suspect we are now more or less in the "Florida" mode. After that, it won't surprise me one bit if we go immediately into Georgia or Alabama mode. If we are truly in that kind of training mode, then I fully expect us to have okay games against lesser teams, but outstanding plays againsts those two.

We better get it together because Arkansas has had an extra week to prepare. For some reason they always find a way to play us tuff. They have several good running backs so we better be ready for a physical game. I see no reason why we shouldn't take care of them but we must not look ahead.

Does anyone else here feel that we placed SO much emphasis on the lsu game that we have been both physically and emotionally flat since? We just haven't gotten completely back on track since that game. Don't take me wrong, we have won them all but have not been hitting on all cylinders. At times we looked great, then at other times we have looked - well you have seen it too. It's not just the players, but our coaching and "O" and "D" calls have not been quite right (wins but something is just not coming together and staying together). Hopefully, after 3 strange games, the arky game will be our "put it back together and keep it together" game. Now take your shots.

We are young, very young on both offense and defense. With that said, these same guys have a lot of talent - primo, top of the line, grade A. My father and I were talking this weekend and he made a great point - He stated, "I don't believe that Borges has installed the WHOLE offense yet, due to the young recievers." I agree. I believe thats why Cox takes so many sacks. Hopefully, these receivers will learn, grow, and have some fun. They just need to learn how to get open and make the plays.

As far as defense goes, we still need to make a few more adjustments, make the tackle, and make some plays. They need to make the correct reads and tackle the opposition better. Tackling on defense has been my biggest complaint thusfar this year. Their talent alone has kept us in the close games. We just need to continue to grow and learn and have some fun along the way. Remember, these guys are 18-22+ years of age. Hopefully, everything else will work out and we'll see what happens.

War Eagle! :au:

Archived