AU vs Ark

TigerDad

I don't see any threads concerning the upcoming :au: vs :arky: game. Don't we have a game this weekend? Trying to return our focus to the job at hand--Where is the analysis of theother team's STATS - predictions- Trash talk- Let's get this board focused on the game Saturday!!! War Eagle!!

Arky could play us tough in the beginning. Mustain has a couple weeks to get more comfortable in the college game, they have the off week to prep for us. They have been our achilles heel when we were ranked a couple times. Though I think Tuberville and staff have broken through that and become better at not overlooking and ignoring polls.

We still need improvement from our wide-receiver core and get some players healthy in the secondary and tighten it up back there. Also get the o-line to gel together with the changes that are coming due to Cope's unfortunate injury.

Just hope people don't start pushing style points and trying to top what USC did to Arkie cause that could hurt us if we try that. Be ready for the USC comparisons though, cause we all know that Tuberville won't put 50 up on them even if he could.

I think we will load up on the run and put constant pressure on Mustain, ala like was done to Ainge in 2004 :roflol: ALL out to stop the run and force Mustain to make some plays or throw the INT.

Offensively, we will mix it up even more b/t the run and the pass. I think this will be another smash mouth ball game. Bama was able to throw the ball pretty much anywhere/anytime, although they didn't do it in the OT, but that is another subject. Cox may have one of his better outings.

We better bring it to them!!!!!

WAR EAGLE!

Play defense and RUN the ball. THAT will do it!

Mustaine and Tebow have been total opposites so far....I am worried about the line. Probably a 2 td win.

Cope's loss is about as big a loss as the O' could have....BIG HEART and the emotional leader of the offense (remember him hopping like a fron in the LSU game!

I believe this is the week where AU needs to start improving each week. I believe from a fan perspective is that we do not believe we have improved very much since the LSU game. ARK is a team we should beat and to some degree rather easily. I don't mean a 45 point victory but a win where we improve both offensively and defensively. ARK and SC even though may be improving are not top tier SEC teams. ARK provides a chance for the defense to step up on stopping McFadden and force MM to throw the ball. Again, I believe we win, but also in manner that starts showing how this team is building for the last half of the season.

We truly NEED to have some irons, lester backfield. Together they will be unstoppable. How would a defense prepare for something like that?

Interesting Note: I played NCAA07 on my Xbox360 last night and the final was

Auburn - 28

Arky-3

(Kenny With 3 TD's. Brad With 1)

I expect Kenny Irons to continue to outshine his counterparts in the SEC.

I was also pleased with what i saw out of Roderigus Smith making some catches against SC. I don't expect us to put 50 points up on them, but i do expect a comfortable win. I figure we'll harrass mustain and have him running for his life all day. I'd like to see our defense get some turnovers as well. We haven't gotten a lot of those..

You know they will come in here pumped up and ready to play. I anticipate a hard fought game - much like USC was. I know our offense can carry it, but how about the defense. They have that Mustain guy who had some bright spots over Alabama, but what about McFadden? He looked impressive at times over AL. I feel AU will win - but I want to see a "pretty" win. One that doesn't give me a heart attack!

Arkansas will have to spread the field to move the ball. If they line up in the I and try the old power game, they will break a few big runs, but have few long drives. They are afraid of keeping their defense on the field too long to run the hurry up offense that OC Malzahn and Mustain ran in high school. Houston Nutt is too limited in his mental faculties to understand that the hurry up would also tire Auburn's defense. That gives you Auburn fans something to watch for early.

Auburn will have to throw because the defense will focus on the run and leave the corners in man. However, if they get a lot of 3rd and short, Arkansas cannot stop them. Though they played well against Alabama, the D-line has gotten pushed around this year.

Aside from the talented young offensive players, the thing of which you should be wary is Arkansas' luck. They have a guardian angel this year.

We truly NEED to have some irons, lester backfield. Together they will be unstoppable. How would a defense prepare for something like that?

Auburn - 28

Arky-3

Well, that Xbox is totally unrealistic. The makers obviously haven't seen our kicking game. No way we convert a field goal try.

I think we will load up on the run and put constant pressure on Mustain, ala like was done to Ainge in 2004 :roflol: ALL out to stop the run and force Mustain to make some plays or throw the INT.

I totaly agree. That '04 tn game (regular season) was one of the most perfectly schemed and executed games I have ever seen. We completely took away the run and totally confused a very young qb. Let's dust off that gameplan and run it with just a few tweeks for McFadden and Jones. The play mix on offense was great.

Auburn - 28

Arky-3

Well, that Xbox is totally unrealistic. The makers obviously haven't seen our kicking game. No way we convert a field goal try.

Dude that is messed up! Funny as heck, but messed up!

Arkansas will have to spread the field to move the ball. If they line up in the I and try the old power game, they will break a few big runs, but have few long drives. They are afraid of keeping their defense on the field too long to run the hurry up offense that OC Malzahn and Mustain ran in high school. Houston Nutt is too limited in his mental faculties to understand that the hurry up would also tire Auburn's defense. That gives you Auburn fans something to watch for early.

Auburn will have to throw because the defense will focus on the run and leave the corners in man. However, if they get a lot of 3rd and short, Arkansas cannot stop them. Though they played well against Alabama, the D-line has gotten pushed around this year.

Aside from the talented young offensive players, the thing of which you should be wary is Arkansas' luck. They have a guardian angel this year.

This man gets an A+ for creativity when choosing a screen name. Red Boarman. The picture tops it off. Classic!

That being said, Auburn has had to play every game against a team that was geared to stop the run, and this one won't be any different. The loss of Joe Cope will hurt, but hopefully not enough to notice.

If USC can come away with 50-14 on Arkansas, I figure it's possible for us to hang something like 38-3 on them.

Wishful thinking, and probably unrealistic, but it would be nice to see.

This man gets an A+ for creativity when choosing a screen name. Red Boarman. The picture tops it off. Classic!

That being said, Auburn has had to play every game against a team that was geared to stop the run, and this one won't be any different. The loss of Joe Cope will hurt, but hopefully not enough to notice.

Thanks for the kind words. Hog names are easy to work with.

Carolina held Irons when they had to. Expect the same from the Razorbacks. (One difference is that our freshman tight end will not drop the tying score.) LSU, who are far better than the Hogs, shut Irons down. Your defense won that one. So yes, Auburn will play against a defense geared to stop the run every game. That's why their passing will be important if not decisive.

I wouldn't say they shut him down. LSU kept Kenny from gaining over 100 yds but if you watched the game, several of his runs went for nice gains and helped move the chains for Auburn's offense. Auburn may have scored on only one drive, but those other drives ate up time and kept our defense on the sidelines resting. Kenny had a big part in that. I'd say LSU had nominal success in stopping Kenny but not enough to win the game.

Carolina didn't seem to have any success in stopping Kenny. He had some great runs even when they stacked guys up to stop him.

Arkansas is a decent team that will show up pumped and ready to play. But I think, as long as Auburn's offense executes well, like they did against SC, and we throw Kenny and Brad out there with Carl mixed up with em, I think we can put up around 30 points. I would imagine the Hogs scoring around 14 or so points, mostly on a few big plays, where we make mistakes. For the most part though, I think the defense brings its A game again and we win by about 21.

WDE!

Ryan

Carolina held Irons when they had to. Expect the same from the Razorbacks. (One difference is that our freshman tight end will not drop the tying score.) LSU, who are far better than the Hogs, shut Irons down. Your defense won that one. So yes, Auburn will play against a defense geared to stop the run every game. That's why their passing will be important if not decisive.

??????????

What game were you watching? They held him in check on one drive. When they had to? Well, yeah it was the 4th QTR, but it was ONE drive. MSU and LSU have suceeded in corralling Kenny Irons, so its not out of the realm of possibility. But, I think Kenny comes up big this week.

If you play like South Carolina did, in Jordan-Hare, you will be pounded. At Arkansas, you might have a point. Arkansas will need to be twice as good as the Gamecocks to pull out a win at JHS.

This is an extremely important game for us, and I hope our players don't look ahead one week to Florida from this one. Arkansas has had 2 weeks of rest before this game and they know that if they beat Auburn then all they really have to do is beat LSU at home and for the rest of their SEC games they would have one to lose and still be able to win the west since they are undefeated in SEC play right now. That being said, I think Tuberville will keep his players focused on this week's game and that the home crowd will help us, Arkansas will load the line, I expect this week to finally be the week that Auburn starts going deep in the passing game, 33-6 AU with Brandon Cox having 3 td passes.

Archived