Blackmon stats?

OKieAuburnDoug

I know you can't help which family you were born in to, but you might out to seek some kind of help. :poke:

You missed a great one, and nothing beats seeing it live, even if it's from my house.

WDE

Blackmon really showed up. I guess the hype was deserved...but remember it was his first game. I can't wait to see him after a few games under his belt.

I know you can't help which family you were born in to, but you might out to seek some kind of help. :poke:

You missed a great one, and nothing beats seeing it live, even if it's from my house.

WDE

I WATCHEd the first half...had to go outside (was a weiner roast,etc) came back in during the third and was `in view of the tube' while in the dining room....

Y'all are forgetting I'm in Oklahoma..my bro-in-law (who's a huge Sooner fan) was asking,"How are we doing?"

It's on my DVR either way although it's NOT segmented! :no:

I must commend Blackmon. He isn't perfect but I still think he made a huge difference. I noticed our defense's speed of play was elevated whenever he was in. He's got a little learning to do. If he had wrapped up on that tackle, Harvin would have clearly not gotten that far. However, he did absolutely clock Chris Leak right after he threw a pass to Baker. I just wish Tray would have been there .2 seconds earlier. He has and will continue to live up to his hype in my opinion.

The Hate has been unleashed! :realmad: ....Where are the #10 jersey's at? ;)

Blackmon looked as good as advertised, damn that kid looks like a monster!!!! Also he is much quicker than I thought he was going to be.

I also thought he was impressively fast. Reminds me of T. and A. Williams. They both were very quick. He's got great instincts. I was impressed how well he found the ball, shrugged blocks, everything. I agree, he shoulda wrapped up, but he popped harvin pretty good. His tackling will come with time.

I just can't wait to see him clean John Phillip Sousa's clock (for some of the unenlightened, John Parker Wilson of SPUAT).

I remember seeing the stats last night and I will try to find them. Not to play the kid's game down, because he did cause an important turnover, but according to the stats, that was the only thing he did. They had him listed with no tackles or assists, but with the one QBH and the fumble recovery with a 22 yeard return.

So, it looks like he was not the defensive monster during the game that some are making him out to be. That one big play gave him alot of attention. But, you can't argue with the fact that he made a big impact in that one play. Given that is his first football game in 1 1/2 years, I would say he had a successful debut.

Here are the only stats I can find right now. Blackmon is at the very bottom of the overall defensive stats at the bottom of the page.

link

The number of tackles he has isn't the point he disrupted Leak on at least 4 plays and had at ;east 4 QB knockdowns. He pressured leak into throwing that int also.

Ranger, watching the kid play there is no doubt in my mind he lived up to the hype. Stats are nearly meaningless when talking about a LB. Other than the hard hit he put on the RB yet didn't wrap him up Blackmon looked like the best LB on the field Saturday night in my opinion.

Watching the replay of the hit, it looks like to me that he hit him so hard that the RB bounced off of him further than he expected and he wasn't able to get arms around him. He knows he has been hyped as a big hitter and he might have been trying to live up to that hype instead of just wrapping him up and caring less about the hit.

In any case we have a very very good linebacker for a couple more years.

Trey looked great! Even when he lined up on the worng side, he made plays. Very, very fast and explosive. He's got one hell of a motor!

Can't wait til Satdy! He is insane, and he wants to play every snap! Love it!

That guy reminded me of a wild animal that has been caged up and finally unleashed. I swear he was in on every play. But then, in the 2nd half, it seemed like the whole defense was in on every play.

I was so glad that Tebow got stuffed on most of his runs in the 2nd half. Don't think that has happened to him in any other game this year (that I have seen).

Tebow only had 2 carries in the second half. That will be the great urban mystery...How do you sit Tebow when we were having difficulties with our run defense?

Don't misunderstand what I am saying. I gave the kids props for his big play, but looking at the board, I was seeing posts about how the kid was involved in tackles, etc. I think the kid did a great job, but I also think some are putting him in plays he was not involved in. Like in this thread, somebody just said he was involved in pressuring Leak 4 times or something like that, that is called a QBH, but the stats only gave him credit for one QBH.

Like I said, he made a big impact because of that one play, but there were actually some guys, like Groves, that made a bigger impact throughout the game. I am just suggesting caution in hyping up the kid so much after one game. He also did make some freshman mistakes, which he will learn from. The kid is talented, no doubt, but as I have said before, let's let him get a few games under his belt and see some tackles, assists, ect., before we call him the man on defense. Give the kid some breathing room to develop. I am naturally a cautious person and get scared when a freshman gets so much hype, because I have seen that happen in which the guy fizzled out. It's a mojo thing guys. :big:

The play that I LOVED the Most, this doesn't show up in the Stats Columns, was when Leak ran the Option to the left side and the person to NAIL Leak 5-10 yards in the backfield was?........You guessed it.....8-Ball (The Little Ball Of Hate), but that wasn't it. Leak pitched it to Mr. Percy Harvin, one of the Fastest guys on the field. While PH ran threw our defense and finally got tackled 30-40 yards down field, this is the best part, the player you see flying into the screen? Mr. Blackmon. If anyone has it on DVR or whatever, watch it again. Trust me, he is as good as advertised. Just imagine what he could've done if he'd lined up in the correct positions. I don't know, maybe that's it........use him as a TLB (Tazmanian Linebacker) don't make the Animal play under all these "Rules".

He kinda reminds me of the waterboy. He just runs around, doesn't know where to line up, but the coaches just tell him "Go get me the ball" and he does it. I just wonder who he visualized Leak being??? Momma said Blackmon was the devil :)

Gatorade............ :roflol:

What are you boy, too sta.....sta.....Stupid to do what the Coach asks you to do??....BWAAAHAHAHA :roflol:

NO..........

No what?.......

Reeeeeeeeee.....BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

I had that vision in my head when he hit Percy and forgot to wrap up and when he hit Leak on that option

Archived