kickinwang

SEC Players of the Week

SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

QUENTIN GROVES

Defensive End

AUBURN

6-4 * 254 * Junior

Greenville, Miss. (Weston HS)

* Groves accounted for four tackles, including three quarterback sacks (-25 yards) with a forced fumble and two QB pressures in Auburn's 27-17 win against Florida.

* Groves was a key component of an Auburn defense that held Florida scoreless in the second half, including just 83 total offensive yards over the final two quarters.

* Auburn's defense forced the Gators into three fourth quarter turnovers and a safety in the second quarter.

* Groves is tied for the SEC lead with six sacks this season.

I'll never forget when he got blind sited by a gator player on a play, was on the ground for a couple of seconds, got back up, then on the very next play got a huge sack... Now thats some desire and courage :au::cheer:

I'll never forget when he got blind sited by a gator player on a play, was on the ground for a couple of seconds, got back up, then on the very next play got a huge sack... Now thats some desire and courage :au::cheer:

I saw that and thought wow I'm glad he is on our side.

Well deserved/EARNED Honor. WTG Mr. Groves ! ! !

I didn't think he would be getting up for a long time ... felt like he would be taken out of the game ... stays in and lays the wood to QB on very next play ... as Pat Dye used to say about someone he felt highly of, "He is a real man."

FINALLY!!! Not sure exactly what happened at halftime, but I imagine one of the "individuals" called out was QG. Lest I be rebuked, I don't think Q has had a "bad" season, but I've been waiting for him step into McLover's "sack-waiting-to-happen" role. Looked like CTT finally turned the D loose in the second half - Q's intensity (and the whole D's) was at an all-time high, and he was coming off the ball like he was shot out of a gun . . . Hopefully Sat was a sign that he's stepping forward as "the man" (a la McLover) who can be counted on to consistently pressure the opposing QB. If so, with his speed, no QB on our schedule will be safe . . .

Way to go, Q!!!

WAR EAGLE!!! Beat Tulane!!!

:au:

I was standing next to grove's fiance during the game and she was going crazy when that play happened not realizing that he got nailed. when she found out what happened she could of ripped the head off the gator that did that to him.

Archived