ESPN, Bill Curry on the Miami brawl

Tigermike

Very good article. I have spend considerable time pondering what CTT's response would have been if this theoretically happened to an Auburn team. I dare say there would be much more than a 1 game suspension against Duke.

At first I feared that this whole thing might make Tubs even more attractive to Miami as they were supposedly trying for a better caliber of person in their recruiting.

This morning I heard key parts of the UM President's response - can't remember her name.

If I had any respect for the University itself it is now gone.

As for CTT it is obvious Miami is not willing to pay "the price" for a coach of his caliber

ESPN, Bill Curry on the Miami brawl. I am even more thankful that AU has CTT in charge of the football program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=2628276

That brings up a good question.....What are your thoughts on the rumours of Tubby leaving for Miami? I don't think any coach in his right mind would volutarily leave a SEC school to becaome the coach of perhps the most corrupted program in the nation

ESPN, Bill Curry on the Miami brawl. I am even more thankful that AU has CTT in charge of the football program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=2628276

That brings up a good question.....What are your thoughts on the rumours of Tubby leaving for Miami? I don't think any coach in his right mind would volutarily leave a SEC school to becaome the coach of perhps the most corrupted program in the nation

CTT addressed this issue again weeks ago, his answer no. Many in the SEC would hope his answer would be yes.

Why would anyone in their right mind leave what he has worked for and achieved at Auburn for that s**thole Miami?

Money? Yeah right. CTT has been making what....about $2m a year since he has been at AU? If that's not right for salary, consider all the other income he has from advertisements, appearances, etc. Easily $2m a year.

If he stopped working today, he would never need another penny of income. He is not going to leave for money at Miami. Rest assured of that.

Championship? Yeah right. In modern days, how long does a coach at his prime last? 10 years? 15? I mean at their peak where they are in the hunt nearly every year like we are now. How long has CTT been at Auburn? Miami is a cesspool right now. It would take too long to build anything there. By the time anyone got that program back up in decent status, CTT will be traveling around speaking for a living.

I understand your anxiety about him leaving. And he could go anywhere in the country because he is that good of a coach. So why in the HELL would he go to Miami?

Great article. Being a :gt: alum the guy is pretty bright. That being said, why did he ever take the UAT coaching job? Curry's could have done a bit piece on a football program reverting back to it's old self. Instead he looked at the root of the problem, culture/society. What we saw on the field is simply a product of some parts of society. I have an increased amount of respect for Coach Curry. :thumbsup:

Tubberville is not going to take his two boys and his wife back to that horrible place called Miami!! He is in the best place he has ever been since he started coaching. He has said it many times, Auburn is his home. I teach many of the coaches kids and some have been here from the start with Tubberville and they said their dads aren't ready to go anywhere, they love Auburn.

If CTT went to Miami, they would have to rum off 2/3rds of the team and half the fan base.

Face it folks, He is not even close to a match down at Miami. I often wonder how he got out of there with his soul.

That was a great article.

The AU fans are always on edge for something bad to happen because it always used to. This is a new era, quit worrying and enjoy AU football for once in your lives.

I could actually see AU winning the NC this yr. because it we would be picked to lose to Ohio St. which would get our team ready. It's almost the perfect scenario.

This was a good article. The discipline within teams has to be restored. Players at any level need to fear the punishment for breaking the rules no matter what the violation, even to the point of being dismissed from the team. I know that smack talk and taunting during the course of a game has taken place for quite some time, but it seems to be more and more. I beleive we have a couple of guys on our team that run their mouth to much, but that is up to the coaching staff to deal with.

As far as CTT going to Miami, I am like most of you it won't happen. In fact I don't see CTT moving period. As stated they like the town, community, etc. In fact his boys are of the age that they should becoming real AU fans. I know a lot of people really start building that allegiance in those pre-teen years. You wear the jersey and when you play back yard football you become your favorite AU player. You start loving it. I believe his boys are probably hitting that point.

This is an interesting article by SI's Steward Mandel. In it he talks about the differences between Miami and other, more traditional, college football powers and he theorizes that may be part of the reason we dislike Miami so much.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ....bag/index.html

I think he has a point, but I also think he glosses over the fact that they have earned their reputation for thuggishness...and he acts like we don't also think that Tenn and FSU are thugs also...

Anyway, here's a quote from the article:

What I've learned more than anything this week is that there is a deep, deep cultural divide between Miami and mainstream college football. Miami's program is not like everybody else's. Whereas schools like Alabama and Michigan pride themselves on traditions built over 100 or more years, Miami's "tradition" sprouted up virtually overnight. When I go to a game at a Florida or an Auburn, I see gray-haired boosters in sweaters and women in sundresses tailgating on a picturesque patch of campus. When I go to a Miami game, I see guys in jerseys and girls in tank tops tailgating on a muddy grass field next to a decrepit stadium in one of the worst neighborhoods in Miami. Is it any wonder the former is so adamantly unaccepting of the latter?

What I've learned more than anything this week is that there is a deep, deep cultural divide between Miami and mainstream college football. Miami's program is not like everybody else's. Whereas schools like Alabama and Michigan pride themselves on traditions built over 100 or more years, Miami's "tradition" sprouted up virtually overnight. When I go to a game at a Florida or an Auburn, I see gray-haired boosters in sweaters and women in sundresses tailgating on a picturesque patch of campus. When I go to a Miami game, I see guys in jerseys and girls in tank tops tailgating on a muddy grass field next to a decrepit stadium in one of the worst neighborhoods in Miami. Is it any wonder the former is so adamantly unaccepting of the latter?
Oh Jeez... it reads, "they are just a product of their environment". B)

Archived