Tulane

Dr. Rosenrosen

Good morning. I know Auburn has far more pressing matters than lowly Tulane (e.g. SEC, BCS), but I have come here to answer any questions you may have about our football program, university, etc.

A few notes:

--Our QB is LSU-transfer Lester Ricard. He has tremendous size and arm strength. Against CUSA opponents, he can put up huge passing numbers.

--We desperately need this game for the revenue. Please make that $600K check payable to Tulane University upon our exit Saturday. B)

--Tulane was once a football power, but the university decided to de-emphasize the sport in the 1950s. To this day, we have not recovered.

--I don't see TU covering the 32-point spread. We can't run the ball against decent defenses and our special teams are awful. Defensively, we're young at LB and undersized up front.

--I enjoy watching Auburn football. The speed of your athletes (especially on defense) is amazing to watch. And the atmosphere is what college football is all about.

If you have any questions, comments, etc. please fire away.

How many fans will be making the trip, and are you comming?

I'd say around 2000. I'm on the fence right now, but I may decide to leave tomorrow afternoon for the Plains. I've seen numerous thrashings of my beloved Greenies on the road, but I've never been to Jordan-Hare. The alcohol and Auburn coeds could be enough to convince me to leave tomorrow.

Dr. Rosenrosen - :roflol::roflol::roflol:

You gotta like a guy who has a Fletch ref. in is screen name.

Where's the records room?

You lost me at "roll"...................

Dr. Rosenrosen - :roflol::roflol::roflol:

You gotta like a guy who has a Fletch ref. in is screen name.

Yea...got points right out of the gate in my book!

Good morning. I know Auburn has far more pressing matters than lowly Tulane (e.g. SEC, BCS), but I have come here to answer any questions you may have about our football program, university, etc.

A few notes:

--Our QB is LSU-transfer Lester Ricard. He has tremendous size and arm strength. Against CUSA opponents, he can put up huge passing numbers.

--We desperately need this game for the revenue. Please make that $600K check payable to Tulane University upon our exit Saturday. B)

--Tulane was once a football power, but the university decided to de-emphasize the sport in the 1950s. To this day, we have not recovered.

--I don't see TU covering the 32-point spread. We can't run the ball against decent defenses and our special teams are awful. Defensively, we're young at LB and undersized up front.

--I enjoy watching Auburn football. The speed of your athletes (especially on defense) is amazing to watch. And the atmosphere is what college football is all about.

If you have any questions, comments, etc. please fire away.

Welcome to the board. I hope you decide to make the trip to Auburn. It is a lovely place to watch a ballgame and our fans are known for friendliness and hospitality.

BTW, I root for the Green Wave when they are not playing Auburn. My Mom got her Ph.D. at Tulane and as a kid I lived on Tulane's campus for a year (in a terrible high rise apt. building whose name you might recognize-Rosen House).

What is the feeling of the Tulane community these days of all the cuts made after Katrina (not only athletic programs, but lots of engineering programs as well, I have heard)?

Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there.

How many fans will be making the trip, and are you comming?

I'd say around 2000. I'm on the fence right now, but I may decide to leave tomorrow afternoon for the Plains. I've seen numerous thrashings of my beloved Greenies on the road, but I've never been to Jordan-Hare. The alcohol and Auburn coeds could be enough to convince me to leave tomorrow.

Come visit the Plains. So what if your team gets spanked? Look on the bright side - you can charge the whole trip (and a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich) to Mr. Underhill's American Express Card.

You guys are going to beat us like a rented mule. If I decide to head out for Auburn tomorrow, I hope you guys take it easy on us around campus and in the stands. I've got a bottle of rum ready for the trip.

The engineering cuts were very controversial, but Tulane has decided to sink more money into the law/medical schools and the undergrad (non-engineering). TU is a strong academic school, but we were never a powerhouse in engineering. I wish we would sink more money into football.

Yes, Rosen House was/is a dump. They are tearing it down as we speak.

What happened to Tulane's student body after the hurricane? Do you know what percent of students returned? Were applications down this year? Rosen House was kind of a dump, but that still makes me a little sad to hear that they are tearing it down. Do you know what is going in its place? Thanks.

BTW, I hope our team shows yours no mercy, but I really do think if you come to the game you will find the fans very friendly. Obviously Auburn doesn't have the same amount of stuff to do off-campus as N.O. (huge understatement there), but you would be hard-pressed to find a better setting for college football. Beautiful, historic campus, energetic but friendly fans, pretty co-eds, etc. If you come, be sure to get inside the stadium early enough to watch our Eagle fly, it is one of the best traditions in college football. And after the game, if Auburn wins go check out Toomer's Corner.

I've always thought of Auburn as one the top settings in all of college fb. It will make the beating more tolerable. I've heard all about the coeds :) .

BTW, 86% of TU students returned after Katrina (94% of freshman returned).

Archived