ESPN Power 16

Boonan

True. I will say that I don't hate on West Virginia as much as I did before Rutgers and Pittsburgh showed signs of life and made the Big East a little tougher.

But the Big East is no SEC and no one here will ever give them the credit they are due, despite the fact they wore Georgia out in New Orleans last year. We all need to see them do it week in and week out before we buy into their program.

It's Week 9 of the season. WV has stomped every opponents placed before them. Doesn't that qualify as doing it week in and week out?

You even said it, Big East is no SEC, and the only time they played SEC was against SEC Champ Georgia and they completely dominated them. Shouldn't that tell you that WV is as good as advertised?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can never go wrong with Sublime. Never was much of an Everlast fan, though.

In the Sublime vein, have you heard: Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Bargain Music, or The Ziggens?

I've heard some Slightly Stoopid...maybe some of the others. Nothing extensive from any of them, for sure.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Week in and week out IN THE SEC. Sorry I wasn't more explicit in my post, but I assume a certain level of "reading between the lines" from the denizens of the forum, although I have been proved wrong time and again.

If you have 3 tough games a year as opposed to 6 to 8, it stands to reason you will be able to go through that schedule a bit easier.

As far as the Sugar Bowl, they had a long time to prepare for a Mark Richt offense that was fairly predictable, DJ Stokley notwithstanding.

In the Sublime vein, have you heard: Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Bargain Music, or The Ziggens?

I've heard some Slightly Stoopid...maybe some of the others. Nothing extensive from any of them, for sure.

I'll get a sampler put together.

Throw some Rx Bandits on there as well.

Throw some Rx Bandits on there as well.

Do those guys play in Amsterdam? Cuz I don't want none of those heathens on my mix.

I am not too well versed in the history of Tiger... could somebody enlighten me on why Tiger is a good bird? I knew there were three of them but I just don't know the history behind each one, reading from the posts here it sounds like Tiger is a very special bird and I'd just like to know more about it.

Don't know how anyone else feels, but to me TIGER is our mascot. I love seeing Spirit fly, but he/she is a bald eagle, not a golden. To me TIGER has a special place in my heart because she was the first bird to fly for pre-garme. She is 26-27 years old, and has been with us for years (Not sure when we got her). She has represented Auburn proudly at many events, including the winter Olympics in Salt Lake. Now, when she retires, I am sure Nova will do a superb job. But, TIGER VI is just special to me.

I know what you are saying...and I agree to a certain extent that I love seeing the Golden Eagles fly, and prefer Tiger. But the bald eagle also has a pretty good history with Auburn University. In fact, it has been our logo at certain points in our history.

Logo_Auburn_War_Bird.jpg

Are you making a mixed tape? Cause that would be a really cool Valentine's gift.

I'm picking up your hint, but I won't be making you a mix tape, TM.

PS- Please stop emailing those photos to me. I had no idea one person could have such an outrageous emu fetish.

WVA has beaten exactly ONE team with a winning record this year. Another media darling joke...and then they hammer us for playing Tulane??? Yeah beating UCONN is SOOOOO much more impressive.

:au::homer:

UCONN is in the Big East. It's not like they went out and scheduled a cupcake.

Why do people hate on the Neers? They beat the SEC Champs last year in their bowl, and they haven't really played a close game this year. Of course they are ranked high, they haven't done anything to deserved being dropped.

Because they're ranked ahead of us and they don't play a ranked team till NOVEMBER!!!??? And UCONN may be in their league...and they may not have gone out of their way to schedule them...but do you think beating them is impressive?...which was my point?

WVA has beaten exactly ONE team with a winning record this year. Another media darling joke...and then they hammer us for playing Tulane??? Yeah beating UCONN is SOOOOO much more impressive.

Why do people hate on the Neers? They beat the SEC Champs last year in their bowl, and they haven't really played a close game this year. Of course they are ranked high, they haven't done anything to deserved being dropped.

Because they're ranked ahead of us and they don't play a ranked team till NOVEMBER!!!??? And UCONN may be in their league...and they may not have gone out of their way to schedule them...but do you think beating them is impressive?...which was my point?

My point was that if anybody hammers Auburn for playing Tulane (I couldn't care less), it is becuase they scheduled them. UCONN was assigned to West Virginia's schedule by the Big East.

Do people hammer you for playing Miss State? No.

So you think a team shouldn't be ranked until they play a ranked team?

like, whoa, dude.

YOUR my hero.

YOUR my hero.

I'm now complete.

YOUR my hero.

I'm now complete.

Get a room.

My point was that if anybody hammers Auburn for playing Tulane (I couldn't care less), it is becuase they scheduled them. UCONN was assigned to West Virginia's schedule by the Big East.

like, whoa, dude.

You work for the BCS don't you?!

People should not hammer Auburn for going out and scheduling Tulane, BECAUSE we play in the SEC.

If you look at the season as four games (OOC Schedule) like the BCS/ESPN monster does, you can slam a LOT of teams like Auburn, and praise a lot of teams like USC. BUT, the reason USC NEEDS to schedule the Arkansas, Nebraskas, and Notre Dames of the world is because for the other 9 weeks, they're playing Oregon State, Washington, Stanford, etc.

The season is 12 games. If USC had to play LSU, UF, Arkansas, UGA, Bama, and SoCar, then there's NO way they'd schedule more than one strong OOC team.

WVU plays in the Big East. Its no surprise that the Big East is WEEEEEEEAAAAAAAK!! So why SHOULDN'T we roast WVU? Yeah, UConn is in their conference, so it was a requirement, but Auburn can't be held liable for having to schedule weaker competition as an "off" week for the players.

You work for the BCS don't you?!

People should not hammer Auburn for going out and scheduling Tulane, BECAUSE we play in the SEC.

If you look at the season as four games (OOC Schedule) like the BCS/ESPN monster does, you can slam a LOT of teams like Auburn, and praise a lot of teams like USC. BUT, the reason USC NEEDS to schedule the Arkansas, Nebraskas, and Notre Dames of the world is because for the other 9 weeks, they're playing Oregon State, Washington, Stanford, etc.

The season is 12 games. If USC had to play LSU, UF, Arkansas, UGA, Bama, and SoCar, then there's NO way they'd schedule more than one strong OOC team.

WVU plays in the Big East. Its no surprise that the Big East is WEEEEEEEAAAAAAAK!! So why SHOULDN'T we roast WVU? Yeah, UConn is in their conference, so it was a requirement, but Auburn can't be held liable for having to schedule weaker competition as an "off" week for the players.

I agree that WVU's schedule is weak. I agree that the SEC is better top to bottom than the Big East.

None of that really means anything. That doesn't change the fact that they 1) beat the SEC champ in the Sugar Bowl last year when nobody gave them a chance and 2) have killed everybody on their schedule.

like, whoa, dude.

Sorry Dude...you still don't get it...or don't want to. THE point is, WVA moved up in the rankings for beating UCONN...we moved down for beating Tulane. WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE????!!!

It doesn't matter who scheduled whom! Apples to apples, please.

Sorry Dude...you still don't get it...or don't want to. THE point is, WVA moved up in the rankings for beating UCONN...we moved down for beating Tulane. WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE????!!!

I didn't know what WVU or Auburn was ranked before.

In any case, I'd rank WVU ahead of Auburn also.

I used to be livid about the polls all the time, and I still don't care for the BCS system at all; however, it's pretty difficult to get upset at all this year. We had our chance and blew it big time with :arky: . Hell, we're extremely fortunate to be at 5 imo. Think about it this way: if arky went to USC and won 27-10, would you rank them in the top 5? I know I wouldn't.

I didn't know what WVU or Auburn was ranked before.

In any case, I'd rank WVU ahead of Auburn also.

AHHHHH...well we were ranked #4 the week before...ahead of WVA...and we're #5 this week, behind WVA, due to their inspiring win over UCONN!

But I still don't see how you rank them ahead of several teams...they haven't played ANYBODY!

That's my last word, as I'm not going to change your mind. You really should get a job at ESPN.

I used to be livid about the polls all the time, and I still don't care for the BCS system at all; however, it's pretty difficult to get upset at all this year. We had our chance and blew it big time with :arky: . Hell, we're extremely fortunate to be at 5 imo. Think about it this way: if arky went to USC and won 27-10, would you rank them in the top 5? I know I wouldn't.

I assume you mean South Carolina in two weeks, because if you mean if the season played out exactly as it has with the except Arky beat Southern Cal 27-10, then I would beyond a doubt say they belong in the top 5.

I assume you mean South Carolina in two weeks, because if you mean if the season played out exactly as it has with the except Arky beat Southern Cal 27-10, then I would beyond a doubt say they belong in the top 5.

I think the "them" he is referring to is Southern Cal: ie would Southern Cal deserve to be ranked in the top 5 if Arky has beat them 27-10 in LA. His answer (and mine) is no.

I think you were answering that they (ie Arkansas) would deserve a top 5 ranking.

Gotta watch those indefinite pronouns.

Good catch DC. I should've been more specific. I was referring to USC being left out of the top five.

If Arky was undefeated, I would have a tough time keeping them out of my top 5. Arky is still playing some great ball right now, though. If they win out, I think they deserve an extremely high ranking.

Archived