ESPN Power 16

Boonan

Link

The relevant part is below:

How much fun is it to watch War Eagle VI soar onto the field at Jordan Hare Stadium? Listening to Tommy Tuberville talk about a playoff is pretty good, too.

First of all, get the bird's name right. Second of all, Tiger doesn't fly anymore.

I think they purposely have a guide to messing up all things Auburn they all use to annoy me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was paying us a compliment, so I am not going to get mad at the guy because he supposedly got the name wrong of the eagle we are flying for pre-game. C'mon, the only people that are going to get that right is AU folks anyway.

Link

How much fun is it to watch War Eagle VI soar onto the field at Jordan Hare Stadium? Listening to Tommy Tuberville talk about a playoff is pretty good, too.

First of all, get the bird's name right. Second of all, Tiger doesn't fly anymore.

I think they purposely have a guide to messing up all things Auburn they all use to annoy me.

Actually... Tiger flew this past weekend

I'll admit, I had tears in my eyes when they announced that Tiger was flying this past Saturday. I had a hard time yelling WAAAAAARRRR EAGLE because of the lump in my throat. Don't get me wrong, Spirit is a fantastic bird and probably puts on a better flight than Tiger or Nova does, BUT she isn't a Golden Eagle. Kind of reminds me more of a buzzard dipped in white paint. :big:

On the other hand, it is good to see that Tiger is gonna be able to retire in style. (IF they do in fact announce her retirement at the GA game) I was so afraid we had seen her last flight and didn't get the chance to give her the WAR EAGLE send off that she deserves. I hope that everyone reading this that goes to the GA game will yell just a little bit louder, a little bit longer and appreciate just a little bit more what Tiger VI started at our pregame festivities. She has given many people joy that can't be described, I think we should show her a bit of that love back.

Ok, I'm gonna go dry the tears that came back just thinking about saying goodbye to an old friend. :cry3:

I'll admit, I had tears in my eyes when they announced that Tiger was flying this past Saturday. I had a hard time yelling WAAAAAARRRR EAGLE because of the lump in my throat. Don't get me wrong, Spirit is a fantastic bird and probably puts on a better flight than Tiger or Nova does, BUT she isn't a Golden Eagle. Kind of reminds me more of a buzzard dipped in white paint. :big:

On the other hand, it is good to see that Tiger is gonna be able to retire in style. (IF they do in fact announce her retirement at the GA game) I was so afraid we had seen her last flight and didn't get the chance to give her the WAR EAGLE send off that she deserves. I hope that everyone reading this that goes to the GA game will yell just a little bit louder, a little bit longer and appreciate just a little bit more what Tiger VI started at our pregame festivities. She has given many people joy that can't be described, I think we should show her a bit of that love back.

Ok, I'm gonna go dry the tears that came back just thinking about saying goodbye to an old friend. :cry3:

Well said...If in fact the GA game will be Tigers last flight, it will be hard to keep the tears in check!

I am not too well versed in the history of Tiger... could somebody enlighten me on why Tiger is a good bird? I knew there were three of them but I just don't know the history behind each one, reading from the posts here it sounds like Tiger is a very special bird and I'd just like to know more about it.

I am not too well versed in the history of Tiger... could somebody enlighten me on why Tiger is a good bird? I knew there were three of them but I just don't know the history behind each one, reading from the posts here it sounds like Tiger is a very special bird and I'd just like to know more about it.

Boonan, something I forgot to mention in my earlier post, Tiger is actually officialy called War Eagle VI, the author was not wrong.

Tiger has been a part of the team the longest, 20 something years, but has been sick lately. Historically, most of the ones named War Eagle were Golden Eagles, which is what Tiger is, so that makes her really special, especially to older fans. I remember going to the games as a kid and they had the cage with War Eagle V and War Eagle VI (Tiger). I am not sure that the Raptor Center currently has another Golden Eagle in training to be War Eagle VII, or if the plan on finding one, or if Nova is going to be War Eagle VII. I am trying to find that out as we speak.

Raptor Center story about Tiger (War Eagle VI)

Don't know how anyone else feels, but to me TIGER is our mascot. I love seeing Spirit fly, but he/she is a bald eagle, not a golden. To me TIGER has a special place in my heart because she was the first bird to fly for pre-garme. She is 26-27 years old, and has been with us for years (Not sure when we got her). She has represented Auburn proudly at many events, including the winter Olympics in Salt Lake. Now, when she retires, I am sure Nova will do a superb job. But, TIGER VI is just special to me.

A little history of all the War Eagles. It does come from wikipedia, which I am careful to use because just about anybody can add info, but the info seems to be pretty accurate from other things I have read and know about.

War Eagle history

Link

Tiger flew Saturday....

WVA has beaten exactly ONE team with a winning record this year. Another media darling joke...and then they hammer us for playing Tulane??? Yeah beating UCONN is SOOOOO much more impressive.

:au::homer:

WVA has beaten exactly ONE team with a winning record this year. Another media darling joke...and then they hammer us for playing Tulane??? Yeah beating UCONN is SOOOOO much more impressive.

:au::homer:

UCONN is in the Big East. It's not like they went out and scheduled a cupcake.

Why do people hate on the Neers? They beat the SEC Champs last year in their bowl, and they haven't really played a close game this year. Of course they are ranked high, they haven't done anything to deserved being dropped.

Guest Tigrinum Major

They stand in our way of a BCS shot. Of course, we should be putting those issues aside considering that we didn't hold up our part of the bargain against your team.

They stand in our way of a BCS shot. Of course, we should be putting those issues aside considering that we didn't hold up our part of the bargain against your team.

They stand in the way of our BCS shot too, for that matter. :)

All they have done is win. They deserve to be up there until they lose.

Excellent point about WV standing in Arkansas' way of a BCS shot.

Unfortunately, so does HDN.

Okay well meanwhile, back in reality, Auburn and Arkansas' relative chances to play in a BCS bowl game is completely irrelevant to West Virginia's ranking.

Guest Tigrinum Major

True. I will say that I don't hate on West Virginia as much as I did before Rutgers and Pittsburgh showed signs of life and made the Big East a little tougher.

But the Big East is no SEC and no one here will ever give them the credit they are due, despite the fact they wore Georgia out in New Orleans last year. We all need to see them do it week in and week out before we buy into their program.

Dear SEC,

Kiss my ass.

xoxo,

Rich Rodriguez

:)

I don't much care for your tone lately. First the Borat hate and now this?

I'd better find some new music for you...stat.

I was just looking around the internets and couldn't find anything new I was that interested in. Lately I have just been spinning Everlast and Sublime.

doooown here at the pawn shop...

I was just looking around the internets and couldn't find anything new I was that interested in. Lately I have just been spinning Everlast and Sublime.

doooown here at the pawn shop...

You can never go wrong with Sublime. Never was much of an Everlast fan, though.

In the Sublime vein, have you heard: Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Bargain Music, or The Ziggens?

Archived