ESPN Power 16

Boonan

AHHHHH...well we were ranked #4 the week before...ahead of WVA...and we're #5 this week, behind WVA, due to their inspiring win over UCONN!

But I still don't see how you rank them ahead of several teams...they haven't played ANYBODY!

That's my last word, as I'm not going to change your mind. You really should get a job at ESPN.

:au::homer:

I agree that I should get a job on ESPN. That would be flippin sweet.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main question - any this is a dumb list, no doubt about it - on 15 teams on this list, the descriptive phrase is something about the team. On Auburn, it's not about football, it's about the atmosphere? What does that tell non-Auburn people that read this list? That we're nothing in football! This list stinks!

I used to be livid about the polls all the time, and I still don't care for the BCS system at all; however, it's pretty difficult to get upset at all this year. We had our chance and blew it big time with :arky: . Hell, we're extremely fortunate to be at 5 imo. Think about it this way: if arky went to USC and won 27-10, would you rank them in the top 5? I know I wouldn't.

I assume you mean South Carolina in two weeks, because if you mean if the season played out exactly as it has with the except Arky beat Southern Cal 27-10, then I would beyond a doubt say they belong in the top 5.

I think the "them" he is referring to is Southern Cal: ie would Southern Cal deserve to be ranked in the top 5 if Arky has beat them 27-10 in LA. His answer (and mine) is no.

I think you were answering that they (ie Arkansas) would deserve a top 5 ranking.

Gotta watch those indefinite pronouns.

Ah, makes much more sense. My only answer to that was they haven't beaten a #2 & #6 this year either.

I am not too well versed in the history of Tiger... could somebody enlighten me on why Tiger is a good bird? I knew there were three of them but I just don't know the history behind each one, reading from the posts here it sounds like Tiger is a very special bird and I'd just like to know more about it.

Don't know how anyone else feels, but to me TIGER is our mascot. I love seeing Spirit fly, but he/she is a bald eagle, not a golden. To me TIGER has a special place in my heart because she was the first bird to fly for pre-garme. She is 26-27 years old, and has been with us for years (Not sure when we got her). She has represented Auburn proudly at many events, including the winter Olympics in Salt Lake. Now, when she retires, I am sure Nova will do a superb job. But, TIGER VI is just special to me.

I know what you are saying...and I agree to a certain extent that I love seeing the Golden Eagles fly, and prefer Tiger. But the bald eagle also has a pretty good history with Auburn University. In fact, it has been our logo at certain points in our history.

Logo_Auburn_War_Bird.jpg

Really? Did not know that...when and why did we use the bald eagle? Guess you do learn something new every day! :big:

Ah, makes much more sense. My only answer to that was they haven't beaten a #2 & #6 this year either.

That's very true, and that's why I definitely believe we deserve our top 10 ranking.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take our high rank any day. I'm just not gonna be all bent out of shape this year if we win out and don't go to the MNCG. I'm HOPING for an SEC championship, but even that's a long ways away. Probably our only guarantee if we win out is a BCS bowl game, which I would definitely be happy with at this point.

I would also like to know when we have used a Bald Eagle in the past. Most if not all the references of the "War Eagle" were to a golden eagle. This excludes the legend about the Indian Chief by the name of War Eagle and the button off the soldiers coat.

I would also like to know when we have used a Bald Eagle in the past. Most if not all the references of the "War Eagle" were to a golden eagle. This excludes the legend about the Indian Chief by the name of War Eagle and the button off the soldiers coat.

Logo_Auburn_War_Bird.jpg

Logo_Auburn_War_Bird.jpg

Yup...I remember that AU logo with the bald eagle too...think it was from the 70's primarily...but there may have been other times.

:au::homer:

Guest Tigrinum Major

You know at least as much about college football as Lou Holtz.

Plus, once you take over, I foresee an SEC Baseball Game(s) of the Week. Now that would be sweet.

Plus, once you take over, I foresee an SEC Baseball Game(s) of the Week. Now that would be sweet.

Sort of a de-rail, but it bears repeating:

Lou Holth ith a penith.

Credit to whomever suggested this as a Gameday sign.

Oh there would be much more than 1 SEC baseball game a week if I took over.

And Lou Holtz is a great man. As a nation we should treasure him.

And Lou Holtz is a great man. As a nation we should treasure him.

Let's put Houston D. Nutt up in that pantheon as well....

And then dump that fricker in the ocean.

Archived