Thoughts on the AU-UAT game

AU alum

Although I would love to run the score up on SPUAT, I know that ain't gonna happen (because Tuberville won't do it - it's not in him). But you know what would almost be better? If we can get to a point in the game and put our second string in and score.

If he is in fact referring to the SPUAT, then I hope we win 70-0. We've GOT to blow them out soon enough. I think we would have last year if we didn't have that turnover after we were up 21-0. That kind of took the wind out of our sails, and we just kind of coasted along.

Oh, sorry, Brody just called in and corrected me. We didn't coast along, Bammer BEAT us in the last 3 quarters. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

The UA game was a dissapointment, but, we can overcome it. (Arkansas is, after all, Arkansas.)

uat?

I just heard an old fart on Finebaum explaining why SPUAT is so lousy. The first reason, he said, is parity. The second reason is that SPUAT is very particular what players they will take, and because of that, recruiting has suffered and they aren't always getting the best players. But, the ones they get are "quality".

I thought I would die laughing.

Our chance to blow Alabama out was last year. We were up 21-0 in te first quarter, and unlike Tubby, he continues to throw the ball. We had great field position and could have taken a 28-0 lead when Prechea fumbes the ball. Bama then goes in to score to make it 21-7. Auburn then makes it 28-7 next position and Tubby goes into his hole offensively. I often wonder what would have happened had we not fumbled. I think with a 28 point cusion, Tubby would have kept airing it out. There is no telling what te score would ave been.

Our chance to blow Alabama out was last year. We were up 21-0 in te first quarter, and unlike Tubby, he continues to throw the ball. We had great field position and could have taken a 28-0 lead when Prechea fumbes the ball. Bama then goes in to score to make it 21-7. Auburn then makes it 28-7 next position and Tubby goes into his hole offensively. I often wonder what would have happened had we not fumbled. I think with a 28 point cusion, Tubby would have kept airing it out. There is no telling what te score would ave been.

I was there and ALL for piling it onthem but you never know how things will turn out when you do that....

LSU vs AU 1994 case and point.

I was there and ALL for piling it onthem but you never know how things will turn out when you do that....

LSU vs AU 1994 case and point.

Very true...I was there for that game also, 1994 LSU game(which is BY FAR my favorite all time Auburn game to be at...FREAKING CRAZY), which is why I say with a 28 point lead, you have more room to run up the score. With a 21 point lead, it can quickly become a 2 possession game, which is why Tubby plays it conservatively.

killer instinct is the mindset that no matter where a drive starts plays are going to be made to score 6, and that mindset resets every time offense gets the ball regardless of the score or field position, that is what we need, score early and often, it is the other teams job to keep the score in check not the head coach or oc.

Fixed that topic title there for you. I am guessing that was a typo since we have already played UA. ;)

I guess this year, when you guys lose...you will say Teletubby was just being generous again...

You guys call US arrogant, and you squeak by USC and Ole Mis...get taken to the WOODSHED at home by the piggies...and you think you are gonna blow us out? Niiiiiice. Good luck with that.

I guess this year, when you guys lose...you will say Teletubby was just being generous again...

You guys call US arrogant, and you squeak by USC and Ole Mis...get taken to the WOODSHED at home by the piggies...and you think you are gonna blow us out? Niiiiiice. Good luck with that.

Big difference between will and want. Given the numerous smart ass comments I've endured this year and all the asinine yapping about "uhhhh 10-2 and losing to Auburn is better than 9-3 and beating Auburn, we don't even care about Auburn" garbage I've heard, and the unmitigated arrogance on display by preening Bama fans, I'd like nothing better than to put 90 on the Tide. This year and every year. That's want. What will happen? More than likely, a close game and one that could easily turn sour. Both teams have weaknesses, but neither one seems to have a strength that counters it.

You call Auburn fans talking amongst each other arrogant because we are saying things as brothers in this thing of ours that we wouldn't generally say in public or to fans of other teams and yet look at your own statement in this forum. It REEKS of bamadom.

I guess this year when you guys lose.

Not if. Not should. Not in the event that. No, you said when. When. Mighty prescient of you. Can I borrow your crystal ball next week so I can buy me some lottery tickets?

How would you characterize that comment, BG? Confidence? Misquoted? I can tell you from experience that Auburn fans certainly don't see it that way. It's typical bama.

And you know what? One day, Auburn will lose to Alabama again. It might happen this year. It might happen next. It might not happen for ten more years, who knows? But even when it does, nothing's going to change. The days of when are over forever, BG. Forever. The shadow is gone. And it's not as long or as dark as you guys wish it was.

When we lose? There's that guarantee again. Are you a psychic?? Tarot reader?? How do you KNOW we will lose?? How? I'll wait for that answer..

Ok....first of all...YES I (won't speak for anybody else here) call UAT fans the MOST ARROGANT FAN BASE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY...your first sentence in this post proves my point. Moving on....How quickly do you forget that you brought a 9 win team to Auburn last year, and before anyone was breathing heavy your tiders were down 21-0. Only a fumble prevented that from being 28-0... That game was over in the first 9 minutes... You know it, and everybody in the college football world knows it... Tuberville put the offense on cruise control cause he knew UAT didn't have the offense to score 21....UAT fans should thank tuberville for pulling back or it could have been VERY UGLY..for uat anyway... If not for a miracle hail mary from 3 name you don't get to 18...

Can we blow out UAT??? I firmly believe we can....Could we lose to UAT...sure....

Now, will we beat SPUAT again this year....I sure hope so, and I expect us to win...(AFTER ALL IT IS A HOME GAME FOR US...).BUT, it could very easily go the other way. There are no guarantees or absolutes....except that we will play....Everything else is up for grabs...Not even uaters have the answers...no matter how much you think you do...

You try to point out how we barely beat USC and Ole Miss and try to compare that with Duke and Hawaii almost beating you and then FIU, taking you to task for a half. You guys let arguably the two worst football teams in Div-1 hang with you for 6 total quarters.

I'll take close games with two teams from the SEC over the laughers that embarrassed you guys any day.

You try to point out how we barely beat USC and Ole Miss and try to compare that with Duke and Hawaii almost beating you and then FIU, taking you to task for a half. You guys let arguably the two worst football teams in Div-1 hang with you for 6 total quarters.

I'll take close games with two teams from the SEC over the laughers that embarrassed you guys any day.

Ranger,

Don't forget that Duke hadn't scored a point...NOT ONE POINT...in the three games combined immediately prior to playing UAT....

Not if. Not should. Not in the event that. No, you said when. When. Mighty prescient of you. Can I borrow your crystal ball next week so I can buy me some lottery tickets?

Merely trying to reciprocate and add a little balance to the arrogance. ;)

BTW, two points for "prescient"!

1st how is winning 30-14 "almost losing"?

2nd FIU was a close game at the half...sure...kind of like the score vs buffalo being 17-7 until 40 seconds left in the THIRD? hmmmmm We still won 38-3 with JPW playing sparingly due to injury.

BG, you have ONE win over a team with a winning record. I wouldnt be bragging just yet...

Oh believe me, im not bragging. This has been the season of "close but no cigar"...literally.

Merely trying to reciprocate and add a little balance to the arrogance. ;)

BTW, two points for "prescient"!

1st how is winning 30-14 "almost losing"?

2nd FIU was a close game at the half...sure...kind of like the score vs buffalo being 17-7 until 40 seconds left in the THIRD? hmmmmm We still won 38-3 with JPW playing sparingly due to injury.

Bammer was only winning the Duke game 16-14 with 4 minutes left in the game. The Bammers scored 2 touchdowns in the last 4 minutes. Leading Duke 16-14 with 4 minutes left in the game is nothing to brag about considering Duke might be the worst Division I team in the entire country.

Archived