UGA - AU gametime??

AUHansel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hose game was definitely '86...they beat us 20-16 and some of their dipstick fans rushed the field and started ripping out pieces of the AU logo at midfield. That's when the hoses were turned on the UGA section of the stadium.

A friend of mine had a bumper sticker later that fall after the Alabama game (the 21-17 win on Lawyer Tillman's reverse) that said:

"The good we hose, the weak we beat." 21-17

Hose game was definitely '86...they beat us 20-16 and some of their dipstick fans rushed the field and started ripping out pieces of the AU logo at midfield. That's when the hoses were turned on the UGA section of the stadium.

A friend of mine had a bumper sticker later that fall after the Alabama game (the 21-17 win on Lawyer Tillman's reverse) that said:

"The good we hose, the weak we beat." 21-17

You're right.

But remember that CBS has 11:00 games sometimes, we had one already. I hate those early games, crowd never is in to it!!!I want a night game. Oh, please, powers that be let it be night time. I think we play better at night.

There's no way I can even fathom :au: vs :uga: on LF or any time slot at 11:00. The earliest it should be is 2:30. I agree, a night game would be much better. 8:00 on espn would be fine by me, more time to drink! Thats what the Georgia game has been in the past even when we both suck.

1999 - Auburn vs Georgia was on ESPN at night. We only had won 4 games that year by that time.

2000 - Iron Bowl - Alabama was 3-7 at the time and we weren't ranked nearly as high and that game was on CBS.

There's no way they would relegate this game to an 11:00 kickoff. If they did, I wouldn't be surprised to see a crowd of 83,000 or less. - I probably wouldn't go then, thats for sure. Morning games suck.

Ryan

I remember watching a 3-6 AU team play UGA in '98 on ESPN as well. Besides, the Dawgs are 6-3 even after all the bad performances lately. This will still be a big game.

I agree with you AuTigersx311!

Love the night games. Lot's of tailgating and "stuff"... ;)

But remember that CBS has 11:00 games sometimes, we had one already. I hate those early games, crowd never is in to it!!!I want a night game. Oh, please, powers that be let it be night time. I think we play better at night.

Check the schedule all of CBS's game for the rest of the year are at 2:30 no more 11am games after the ND game.

Tough choice and it does appear we will need to wait till next Sunday to find out! UT/LSU and Arky/USC this week. If UT/Arky win they win the CBS spot. If one loses one wins it is up for grabs but I still think CBS picks their game. IF they both lose who knows which of the games below they will pick!

Next week

UT/Arky

UGA/AU

Bama/LSU

From SEC Sports

CBS Uses Six-Day Selection Option on Nov. 11 Games

10/30/2006

CBS Sports has elected to use a six-day selection for games of November 11, 2006. The following four games are being held: Tennessee at Arkansas, Georgia at Auburn, South Carolina at Florida and Alabama at LSU. CBS will televise one of these four games at 3:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. ET), while ESPN will televise one of these four games at 7:45 p.m. ET (6:45 p.m. CT), ESPN2 will televise one of the four games at 7 p.m. ET (6 p.m. CT) and Lincoln Financial Sports will televise one of the four games at 12:30 p.m. ET (11:30 a.m. CT). The selections should be made by Sunday afternoon based on the outcome of the Saturday, Nov. 4 games.

The remaining SEC game on the schedule for Nov. 11 will have Vanderbilt visiting Kentucky at 1 p.m. ET (noon CT).

Linky Dinky

From SEC Sports

CBS Uses Six-Day Selection Option on Nov. 11 Games

10/30/2006

CBS Sports has elected to use a six-day selection for games of November 11, 2006. The following four games are being held: Tennessee at Arkansas, Georgia at Auburn, South Carolina at Florida and Alabama at LSU. CBS will televise one of these four games at 3:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. ET), while ESPN will televise one of these four games at 7:45 p.m. ET (6:45 p.m. CT), ESPN2 will televise one of the four games at 7 p.m. ET (6 p.m. CT) and Lincoln Financial Sports will televise one of the four games at 12:30 p.m. ET (11:30 a.m. CT). The selections should be made by Sunday afternoon based on the outcome of the Saturday, Nov. 4 games.

The remaining SEC game on the schedule for Nov. 11 will have Vanderbilt visiting Kentucky at 1 p.m. ET (noon CT).

Linky Dinky

Here my guess

Lincoln uat/LSU

CBS Tenn/Ark

ESPN GA/Aub

ESPN2 SC/FL

If LSU loses this week in Knoxville, I wouldn't be surprised to see the UAT @ LSU game on LF. If, for some strange reason, UAT loses to MSU, then welcome Vandy and Kentucky to the LF game...

UA @ UT should be the CBS game regardless, IMO.

SC @ UF would most likely be the ESPN game either way.

That would get the UGA @ AU on the ESPN2 spot.

If LSU loses this week in Knoxville, I wouldn't be surprised to see the UAT @ LSU game on LF. If, for some strange reason, UAT loses to MSU, then welcome Vandy and Kentucky to the LF game...

UA @ UT should be the CBS game regardless, IMO.

SC @ UF would most likely be the ESPN game either way.

That would get the UGA @ AU on the ESPN2 spot.

I think the SC/UF matchup is a lock for ESPN. Just a couple of weeks ago the talking heads mentioned it during one the SC ESPN night games, as Spurriers first trip back to Gainesville, not being HC at UF. You know how they like talking about the ole ball coach!!

CBS Article

I've got this feeling that the SC vs UF game is going to end up in the 2:30 CBS spot.

(Won't the crew at ESPN love that).

The game choices listed are these:

Georgia at Auburn, Tennessee at Arkansas, South Carolina at Florida and Alabama at LSU

If Arkansas doesn't lose, they might take UT/UArk, otherwise especially with UGA being a litte down, they'll pick up the USC/UF game.

i really hope that it will be a night game, theres just something special about an evening rivalry game. Hell an evening regular game for that matter. The atmosphere is crazy.

CBS Article

I've got this feeling that the SC vs UF game is going to end up in the 2:30 CBS spot.

(Won't the crew at ESPN love that).

The game choices listed are these:

Georgia at Auburn, Tennessee at Arkansas, South Carolina at Florida and Alabama at LSU

If Arkansas doesn't lose, they might take UT/UArk, otherwise especially with UGA being a litte down, they'll pick up the USC/UF game.

good point....

I kept thinking of the return of SOS to the Swamp (that whole thing).

My concern is...Will the uat game be the 11:30 Lincoln Financial game? The way they are playing...Who knows?

Archived