• Created
  • Last Reply

My guess:

11:30 LF - Vandy @ Kentucky

2:30 CBS - Tennessee @ Arkansas

6:00 ESPN2 - Alabama @ LSU

7:00 CBS - SC @ Florida

7:45 ESPN - Auburn vs. Georgia

CBS had at least one other night game ( :ut: - :uf: ). This one has more national/media appeal with Visor Boy reutrning to Gainesville. Those other games are too big to be the LF game. The :vandy: - :uk: game is perfect for them. I would hope the :au: - :uga: game is more desirable to ESPN than the :ua: - :lsu: game.

My guess:

CBS had at least one other night game ( :ut: - :uf: ). This one has more national/media appeal with Visor Boy reutrning to Gainesville. Those other games are too big to be the LF game. The :vandy: - :uk: game is perfect for them. I would hope the :au: - :uga: game is more desirable to ESPN than the :ua: - :lsu: game.

CBS only has the option for 2 double headers a year and have already used both. So they won't be doing a double header. If LSU loses to Tenn then I feel LF will get the LSU/Bama game....that is if LSU accepts. I'm sure the same rules are in effect that were there for JP and that being you were only required to play 1 JP game a year if asked.....after that the home team can decline and Skip will take that into consideration as he's always talked about it, but never had to do it.

Can CBS do another double-header or are they only allowed 1 per year?

I believe they are allowed 2, but they've already done 2. The AU/LSU game and FLA/UT was a day/night double-header and the AU/ARK and LSU/FLA was a morning/day double-header.

When we lose to UK this weekend, it will cement the game on LF if on TV at all.

I apologize. We suck

If I have to listen to Rowe again this year, I might just, oh yeah, my son is now through with football this year. That means I finally will be in Auburn. I haven't seen a game since LSU. Wait, If we start drinking at 8:00 for an 11:30 game, does that offically make us corndogs? PLEASE PLEASE ESPN pick up the

:uga: vs :au: game at 6:45

I think that Ark/Tenn will get the CBS game with AU/UGA and LSU/Bama getting ESPN slots and USC/Fla on LF.

Far as Auburn goes, when was the last time the Georgia game didn't get CBS or ESPN. The love to show that rivalry game and neither will have losing records.

Not sure why, but cbs carried the ND vs Navy game at 11 a.m. last Saturday prior to the uga/uf game. That was also a doubleheader but not all sec.

One rumor is that CTT has told the powers that be that AU/GA will not be a LF game at 11:30. If it is not picked up by CBS or ESPN it will be a night game and pay per view.He wants all the big recruits to enjoy the total game day experience.

CTT has no say in who carries the AU-UGA game. If LF wants to carry the AU game it will. LF has the option of carring one home game per year for each sec school and AU has not had a home LF game this year.

My guess:

CBS only has the option for 2 double headers a year and have already used both. So they won't be doing a double header. If LSU loses to Tenn then I feel LF will get the LSU/Bama game....that is if LSU accepts. I'm sure the same rules are in effect that were there for JP and that being you were only required to play 1 JP game a year if asked.....after that the home team can decline and Skip will take that into consideration as he's always talked about it, but never had to do it.

also, If I remember correctly...when cbs does a double header, LFS doesn't do a game at all...

Irrelevant to me - I will be at the game screaming my lungs off :big:

it's not irrelevant. It would be terrible to be an 11:30 game. That is just an injustice to the deep south's oldest rivalry

also, If I remember correctly...when cbs does a double header, LFS doesn't do a game at all...

That's only when CBS does a 11:00/2:30 DH. When CBS did the DH with AU/LSU and UF/UT, LF carried the ARK/Vandy at 11:30. CBS is only allowed to do the 11:00/2:30 DH once a year.

It's a shame CBS doesn't negotiate better contracts with the SEC/NCAA. They get limited in what games and how many they show, and only have a tie to one conference. I'm amazed they got the Navy/ND game. Perhaps NBC knew it would be a blowout and would have the least viewership compared to the most of the other ND games.

The Mouse did so much better.

It's a shame CBS doesn't negotiate better contracts with the SEC/NCAA. They get limited in what games and how many they show, and only have a tie to one conference. I'm amazed they got the Navy/ND game. Perhaps NBC knew it would be a blowout and would have the least viewership compared to the most of the other ND games.

The Mouse did so much better.

NBC only gets the rights to ND games that are in South Bend, so they had no say in it. CBS does the Army/Navy game every year, so they might have an option to a few of their other games, and since the Navy/ND game wasn't in SB, they claimed the rights to it. I couldn't say for sure. though.

i really hope that it will be a night game, theres just something special about an evening rivalry game. Hell an evening regular game for that matter. The atmosphere is crazy.

Yeah...what's special is, I have to get up at 6:30 on Sunday morning and go to work. :P

:au::homer:

I am hoping AU/UGA is LF

Least amount of people seeing AU destroy us

I heard Borges is going after the 700 yard mark this year against old Willie

The way UGA played the Gators in the 2nd half, I'm sure not taking that game for granted....

:au::homer:

Since 1980:

UGA is 7-5-1 against Auburn in Jordan-Hare

Auburn is 10-3 against UGA in Sanford

I don't expect :uga: to just wallow around in self-pity and mail it in...it's going to be a tough game, SLink's sandbaggery aside.

CTT has no say in who carries the AU-UGA game. If LF wants to carry the AU game it will. LF has the option of carring one home game per year for each sec school and AU has not had a home LF game this year.

We have had a home game with them though against Arkansas.

SLink's sandbaggery aside.

:whistle:

Don't worry Southlink. Apparently you have not watched us play this year. We have about three different teams. It all depends on which one of them shows up. I think it will be a very close hard fought game. Even though I will be rooting for the home team. If they don't win it will be a shame. :angry:

Archived