TIDE acronym fun

WarTiger

I understand this is a AU forum and I expect to get trashed, but can someone honestly tell me why you hate us Bama fans so much?

sure...the majority and i mean HUGE majority(98% or more) are the most arrogant bunch of fans I've ever encountered. You (uat fans) have this unbelievably high opinion of yourself and feel you are superior to everyone..especially Auburn people. You have this incredible delusion that no matter what happens on the football field that you are always VASTLY superior to Auburn. This delusion that Auburn can only beat uat when uat is down(ie: probation)...Can't admit the fact that the bryant years was the only period of time that uat held the upper hand in the series...That when both teams have identical winning records, Auburn has the edge, and the more wins the larger the edge.... Claiming retro-active(thereby FAKE) NC's and MOST of even the legit ones are SHARED with other teams...yet you give us credit for HALF a title in 1957....Did I mention Arrogance?? That enough, or you want more??

Well guess what? I am a fan and I am not like that at all. Right now AU has the smack talk rights with five in a row. It hurts to say that, but its true and we are not all like you describe. I actually look at AU as a powerhouse football team and I want Bama to get back on the winning side again and be a powerhouse as well. No need to hate us all my friend. :) We should be the ones with the hate since we are down 5 in a row. But I dont hate any of you. Your all human just like any other fans and just because you like AU and I like Bama doesnt mean we can't be friends. Well ok I hope at least a few of you see me as a fan and not a jerk. For the record most of my Bama friends think like I do.

I understand this is a AU forum and I expect to get trashed, but can someone honestly tell me why you hate us Bama fans so much?

Hate? That's such a strong word. We don't hate the bammie fans -- we love them! They remain a constant source of entertainment year in & year out: Shane, Phyllis, Tatoo-back man, the Screamin' Ramp "Lady," Fairy-Bear, and my all-time favorite -- the bammie fan who was so upset at the tahd losing a game, he pulled a gun on his own teenagd son for asking if he could borrow the family car. The bammie fan base is one of a kind.

Please dont mention the Ramp Lady!!! LOL! :roflol:

sure...the majority and i mean HUGE majority(98% or more) are the most arrogant bunch of fans I've ever encountered. You (uat fans) have this unbelievably high opinion of yourself and feel you are superior to everyone..especially Auburn people. You have this incredible delusion that no matter what happens on the football field that you are always VASTLY superior to Auburn. This delusion that Auburn can only beat uat when uat is down(ie: probation)...Can't admit the fact that the bryant years was the only period of time that uat held the upper hand in the series...That when both teams have identical winning records, Auburn has the edge, and the more wins the larger the edge.... Claiming retro-active(thereby FAKE) NC's and MOST of even the legit ones are SHARED with other teams...yet you give us credit for HALF a title in 1957....Did I mention Arrogance?? That enough, or you want more??

Well guess what? I am a fan and I am not like that at all. Right now AU has the smack talk rights with five in a row. It hurts to say that, but its true and we are not all like you describe. I actually look at AU as a powerhouse football team and I want Bama to get back on the winning side again and be a powerhouse as well. No need to hate us all my friend. :) We should be the ones with the hate since we are down 5 in a row. But I dont hate any of you. Your all human just like any other fans and just because you like AU and I like Bama doesnt mean we can't be friends. Well ok I hope at least a few of you see me as a fan and not a jerk. For the record most of my Bama friends think like I do.

Well, we'll see... :lol: Oh, welcome to the board... :)

T - TRADITION

I - INTIMIDATING

D - DAUNTING

E - EXCELLENCE

Shouldn't that be:

T - TRADITION is questionable

I - INTIMIDATING to no one

D - DAUNTINGless

E - EXCELLENT at arrogance

I don't think that hate is the right word to be used. Pity, possibly. And a source of amusement, definitely. Loathe will work. Detest works, too. But hate, no, I don't think so. I think most of us were taught from birth to not hate those different from us, even if they are pains in the a**. We pity them. We may hate what they are, and hate being around them, even hate what they stand for, but no, we don't hate you. We simply don't care for what you stand for or say. No, you are not a jerk. I will even go so far as to say, probably your friends are ok too. But that does NOT say that all Bama fans are ok. There are far, far too many that are jerks. You bet, it's because they are arrogant, and believe they are better in everything than Auburn. They aren't. I am so sick of hearing from Bama fans drivel that is similar to the crap that Bama Perry dishes out. This is why you don't get a better reception around here.

For the record most of my Bama friends think like I do.

Well, it is obvious that none of your Bama friends post on this site.

I don't 'hate' Alabama fans. There are some I can tolerate (e.g. - my wife), and some that I can't stand to be around (e.g. - the redneck that sat behind me at the '04 Iron Bowl). There are some that I even enjoy because they are the stereotypical 'bammer' (e.g. - BAMAPERRY). I don't paint every Bama fan with a broad brush, and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Stick around and shoot the bull with us, but keep in mind: for every Roll Tide Rev there is out there, there is a BAMAPERRY to counter.

Archived