ap and bcs polls biased AGAINST usc?!?

Auburn 6

ok basically what the title says. not sure if this should go in this section but there are threads about other teams so i thought it was ok. well basically i have a friend that's a huge usc fan and thinks they're the best, no matter what. i asked him how far he thinks they will fall and he said about 7-8 because the polls, both ap and bcs, are biased against usc and west coast teams. wtf? i told him they're biased in favor of usc but usc fans just don't believe that. so which way do you think the polls are biased and why?

We'll find out today, I guess...USC should be dropped to about 10 or 11 because (1) they lost to a mediocre team and (2) they've been flirting with disaster for several weeks now against other mediocre teams. They've still got Cal, Oregon, UCLA and Notre Dame, so I figure they've got another loss coming in November.

The Univ. of Spolied Children is in media central LA and has a constant spotlight to shine on their accomplishments that NO other team except ND has. Cry me a river, USC.

As a footnote, I've always wondered how USC had to share the '78 MNC w/ Bama when both teams had one loss (I think USCs was to a good Ariz. State team), but Bamas loss that year was to USC by a landslide. I think that grumpy ole cheater Bahr got it the same way Bowden got the '93 MNC, national media (trumping LA) by believing the aging coach needs to cap off his career w/ a MNC send-off.

We'll find out today, I guess...USC should be dropped to about 10 or 11 because (1) they lost to a mediocre team and (2) they've been flirting with disaster for several weeks now against other mediocre teams. They've still got Cal, Oregon, UCLA and Notre Dame, so I figure they've got another loss coming in November.

Man I hope so!! I want to see them lose so bad!!!!!! AGAIN!!!

Herbstreit did mention on Sunday that the media had been looking for an excuse to drop USC because of their sorry performance this year. I don't know if that's fair or not, but he said that they would crash this week. Personally, I think its great. I can't imagine how anyone could say that the media has a west coast bias. If anything they seem to have a Pac 10, Big 10, and ND bias.

If anything they seem to have a Pac 10, Big 10, and ND bias.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-freakin'-men!!!!

:au::homer:

I have mixed emotions of Auburn dropping. We have NOT play a dominant game against an SEC team all year. We have scraped by several games this year. And I'm sorry but style points do factor in when comparing (1) loss teams from around the country. Should FL jump AU - Heck NO!!! But if we don't close out the season with dominate performances on both sides of the ball then many teams will jump us.

I have mixed emotions of Auburn dropping. We have NOT play a dominant game against an SEC team all year. We have scraped by several games this year. And I'm sorry but style points do factor in when comparing (1) loss teams from around the country. Should FL jump AU - Heck NO!!! But if we don't close out the season with dominate performances on both sides of the ball then many teams will jump us.

It doesnt matter if florida jumps us. If Arkansas doesn't lose two, then the best we can get is an at large bid anyway, and if they do, then we'll just have to prove ourselves again in the SECCG which will put us pack on top of them. I'm really not worried about what happens anymore, I just feel like if we win out, we had a good season. Jebus, one loss, if we end up in a BCS bowl, great, it's what this team deserves, but if we end up in the capital one bowl, big deal, its the next best and it (should be) an easier bowl to win). That way we'll finish the season with a bowl win and a great 1 loss season.

Archived