Oregon State backs out on UGA

DCWarEagle

Check this out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sion...lege/index.html

Oregon State backed out of what would have been a three-game series starting next season, leaving Georgia without an opening-game opponent for 2007.

-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

That sucks for Georgia. Anyone know why that happened? Southlink?

9 Game Pac-10 season has them to shift some games and I expect that there were conflicts with that date. UGA would be a tough road game. I have not clue what the UGA schedule is but I expect there wasn't a date that matched up as open later on both sides of the coin

Not only that but Cincy backed out of a 3-game series with us as well a few weeks back.

Not sure why OSU backed out to be honest.

Evans has said that he called Michigan and numerous other big-time schools but MICHIGAN refused to come down to Athens

Not only that but Cincy backed out of a 3-game series with us as well a few weeks back.

Evans has said that he called Michigan and numerous other big-time schools but MICHIGAN refused to come down to Athens

Is michigan all of the sudden too good to travel outside of big 10 country? They lost 5 games last year...

Is michigan all of the sudden too good to travel outside of big 10 country? They lost 5 games last year...

They probably did not want a repeat performance...

I can understand OSU backing out, what with the 9 game Pac-10 schedule. Now that they will have to add the likes of Stanford and Arizona to their schedule, they can't afford ANOTHER killer game... <_<

i being optomistic they will schedule us instead. i live 1 hr from corvalis and would love to see auburn as it is rarity that i make it to a game in auburn.

This is another reason to go with Tommy's idea. Play 11 SEC games and 1 OOC. :)

But really.....this will be a problem year in and year out for the SEC powers. And the likes of ESPN will say "Look at that OOC schedule".....pisses me off!

Michigan has always had that stance about coming to a southern school. Unless I overlooked it, the only SEC team they have played OCC Georgia in Michigan in 57 and 65 and S. Carolina in Columbia in 85.

My bad, they played kentucky in Michigan in 1908 and Vandy this year, and a bunch of times prior to the 70's with a couple trips to Nashville.

Michigan has always had that stance about coming to a southern school. Unless I overlooked it, the only SEC team they have played OCC Georgia in Michigan in 57 and 65 and S. Carolina in Columbia in 85.

My bad, they played kentucky in Michigan in 1908 and Vandy this year, and a bunch of times prior to the 70's with a couple trips to Nashville.

Guess Michigan is too good for the likes of us. I know this will p*ss some people off, but they are just snotty yankees. (yankee is NOT the same as Northerner).

Guess Michigan is too good for the likes of us. I know this will p*ss some people off, but they are just snotty yankees. (yankee is NOT the same as Northerner).

Yeah it is!

Scheduling Vandy, no offense to the Dores, was a no brainer for Michigan. Why not schedule AU, LSU, UT, UGA, Ark, UA or UF? Get into a home and home series with a legitimate SEC power and show your program off to the South. SC came to AU and Arky.

I say Michigan is scared of the possibility of a can of whoop @$$ being opened in the BIG house!

They came to their senses and realized that they don't want a piece of the SEC.

I doubt that. They played LSU a couple of years ago in BR and only lost by one point as their kicker missed three extra points. And they looked USC in the eye last Saturday and beat them, something we haven't done in two recent tries.

Plus.....always say something nice about Beavers. :big:

Archived