Kodi Burns is Announcing Tomorrow

metafour

Or he's cancelling his official...Seems odd to commit to a school the day before you first step foot on campus. Did he go to a camp? or anything? I'm remaining optimistic but I wouldn't be suprised if its :arky:

I think he likes his chances at breaking into the rotation here rather than at :arky:

I may be proven wrong but I like our odds. If he was going to cancel his trip I think the staff would already know about it and it would be leaked already.

Just my .02.

He's been at our camp so the visit wouldn't be his first time here.

This is going to be a huge scenario tomorrow. Realistically, you could look at this both ways: Arkansas could have turned up the heat on Burns, knowing that Burns would likely be AU bound if he took his UGA visit. On the other hand, this could mean that Burns knew all along that AU was the place for him and therefore commiting before taking his visit would allow him to chill during the game and get treated like a hero.

sometimes even though recruits know where they want to go they won't commit till late in the season or until after the holidays so they don't draw scrutiny from locals who don't like his choice. But this is definitely surprising that he is committing this early w/out an official here.

It seems odd that he would commit to :au: before coming for his official visit. If he was planning a commit to AU, why not wait until he's here? It seems more likely that someone commits elsewhere and cancels, but who knows. Hopefully he just wants to make a big entrance with his visit.

Never heard of the guy, but then again I don't keep up with recruiting anymore. I don't know who 90% of the guys coming in are anyway so I figure what's the point. I used to keep up with it alot more when I was in highschool and early college years b/c I knew most of the big studs back then. Man, that was only 8-10 years ago! Anyway, hope we get him. Would he be a QB at Aubunr or some other position?

I would say he is deffintely a QB.

LINK

QB Burns to declare college pick

BY OTIS KIRK

Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2006

Email this story | Printer-friendly version

FORT SMITH — Fort Smith Northside quarterback Kodi Burns will announce today where he plans to attend college at a 2 p. m. news conference at Northside’s indoor workout center.

Burns, 6-2, 190, 4. 6 seconds in the 40-yard dash, is rated the state’s No. 3 player by Rivals. com and has narrowed his decision to Arkansas and Auburn.

He will make his announcement the day before traveling to Auburn, Ala., on an official visit. Several sources at Northside indicated Wednesday that Burns will likely commit to Auburn.

Burns completed 127 of 231 passes for 1, 903 yards and 21 touchdowns with 7 interceptions this past season for 5-5 Northside. He also rushed for 726 yards and 13 touchdowns on 148 carries.

The Grizzlies entered the season as one of the favorites to win the Class 7 A state championship, but went 2-5 in the 7 A-West Conference, missing the playoffs for the first time in three seasons.

Burns completed 263 of 505 passes for 4, 117 yards and 41 touchdowns while rushing for 1, 846 yards and 16 touchdowns during his first two seasons.

Burns was named to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette All-Arkansas team as a sophomore, becoming only the fourth sophomore since 1990 to make an All-Arkansas team. He turned around a Northside team that went 1-9 the year before his arrival, going 10-3 and leading it the semifinals of the state playoffs. He led the Grizzlies back to the semifinals his junior year.

Auburn is also recruiting Rogers offensive tackle Lee Ziemba, 6-7, 295, 5. 17, and Shiloh Christian linebacker Adam Herring, 6-2, 215, 4. 7.

It has been rumored for months that Ziemba and Burns will attend the same school.

Herring is the son of Arkansas defensive coordinator Reggie Herring. Adam Herring has 78 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries this season. He also has offers from North Carolina State, Missouri State and Middle Tennessee State.

Does anyone know if he is qualified academically?

rivals says he has a 3.25gpa, so yes.

He actually has the highest GPA of anyone on his H.S. team.

If the 3.25 that was reported earlier is correct then yes that is the highest on the team. I remember reading something about him winning an award for it.

Pretty shocking...

hahaha..... nothing to be shocking....... he did NOT cancel the visit to AU, and declare his decision before the visit, it's so obvious what he will declare ....... let'u :cheer:

:au::au:

This time you should expect CTT declare it: We've got him!

:au::au:

But my feeling is that we probably losing the other boy (that AU son)...... since Kodi fail to get him to declare at the same time with him.

But my feeling is that we probably losing the other boy (that AU son)...... since Kodi fail to get him to declare at the same time with him.

They don't go to the same school.

Archived