where is the long ball

bojack34

:au: does'nt throw the long ball and that makes it a lot easier for the corners and safetiest to defend us and it showed today as it has all year. I don't think Cox has the ability or if he does I have'nt seen it. If you want to be a contender for any kind of championship you have to be able to throw the long ball. Don't believe me look at the top teams in the country. Gotta keep the secondary honest.

:au: does'nt throw the long ball and that makes it a lot easier for the corners and safetiest to defend us and it showed today as it has all year. I don't think Cox has the ability or if he does I have'nt seen it. If you want to be a contender for any kind of championship you have to be able to throw the long ball. Don't believe me look at the top teams in the country. Gotta keep the secondary honest.

The O line will not give him enough time to throw the deep ball. :thumbsdown:

I agree but my point is not to point fingers just a little observation.

When Cox is having to run from these 300 lb. DL every down its hard to throw a long ball. Our offenses first possession Cox got crushed and it just got worse from there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cox had the deep ball last year.

I am not pointing fingers. We do not handle blitzing very well and we have had a hard enough time to block oppenents D line in a simple 4-3. Our guys are huge and extremely strong. I don't understand why we can't keep our oppenents out of our backfield.

I have no issue with the skill players on offense, however, the O line is soft. With KI and BL in the backfield, there is no excuse for Auburn not to be averaging over 200 yards rushing a game. If this were happening, BC would not be looking up at the crowd from his back and would have the opportunity to throw down field.

CAB's offense needs the running game. The last 2 years Auburn has either been ranked 1 or 2 in the conference rushing the football and the passing game has been more effective. That in itself results in an offense that is not predictable.

I am not pointing fingers. We do not handle blitzing very well and we have had a hard enough time to block oppenents D line in a simple 4-3. Our guys are huge and extremely strong. I don't understand why we can't keep our oppenents out of our backfield.

Our guys are huge,yes,strong,NO.

The new clock rule only affects how many plays you can get off running the ball - it doesn't affect how your offense runs the ball. And even if the new clock rule affects how we play, what does it say about a team that is unable to adjust, considering that the head coach was the main driving force for the new change?

It does limit how many plays an offense is able to get off during the game. I may be wrong so please correct me. But wouldn't a running team use more plays in a game. So in turn limiting the effectiveness of that team. Now I do believe we really have needed to make some major adjustments.

When Cox is having to run from these 300 lb. DL every down its hard to throw a long ball. Our offenses first possession Cox got crushed and it just got worse from there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cox had the deep ball last year.

He had the not so short ball last year, but his "deep ball" was never much of anything, just a high floater usually thrown just out of bounds. Literally, I can throw it farther than he has all season.

If he would take more than a 3 step drop, he'd have more time.

Reasons for BC's struggle on a deep ball:

He's not planting on his front foot on releases. Even on non dump passes, he is short footing his plant and its making his balls sail or be soft. Happened all day yesterday.

Even with an oline that allows pressure, he could throw a timed route on a two deep zone with a three step drop and complete a deep ball.

Another problem is he doesnt have a receiver who can really stretch the field. If you think about it, he's made his money this year on play action rollouts hitting gabe or tommy in the left flat or taylor over the middle-top. That is his bread and butter play.

I have no issue with the skill players on offense, however, the O line is soft. With KI and BL in the backfield, there is no excuse for Auburn not to be averaging over 200 yards rushing a game. If this were happening, BC would not be looking up at the crowd from his back and would have the opportunity to throw down field.

CAB's offense needs the running game. The last 2 years Auburn has either been ranked 1 or 2 in the conference rushing the football and the passing game has been more effective. That in itself results in an offense that is not predictable.

We give up on the run WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early in nearly every game...IMHO.

:au::homer:

Archived