CAB and CWM

jc4tigers

Before any of you start blasting me for not being a great Auburn fan and thinking I can do a better job of calling plays or whatever read very carefully because you will not find any of that in here. I am a huge Auburn fan and I love :au: dearly.

CAB: I really miss that creative play calling that we saw in 2004. I don't think I'm being spoiled by saying this. In 2004 there was a ton of pre-snap movement into different formations which always had the defense on their heels. It was a fun offense to watch. For the last three weeks based on the pre-snap movement of Tommy Trott or Courtney Taylor I can tell you exactly what KI or Lester is going to do when they get the ball. Again, don't mistake this for me saying I could coach better than CAB because I'm sure I can't, I just really miss that creative play calling we had.

CWM: I'm a huge Muschamp fan even now. However, I will say that I am confused by the schemes and all. I've heard several players in interviews say that he has complicated schemes but what I have noticed all around is that we can't get any pressure on the QB.. no matter what team it is... when CWM was hired I read about all the blitz packages he used and how his defenses at LSU played and now watching Auburn I wonder where the blitz is...I realize that we have blitzed and we use it but it's not near as intimidating to watch Auburn on defense as it used to be.

I support both of these coaches but I know that something has to change. something needs to be done differently. It was a very disappointing day but I still love my :au: tigers.

Here's a bad thing.

Auburn blitzed a lot yesterday. And UGA picked em up. We need bigger D lineman......6-4/6-5 guys near 300 and quick. Not 4-3 fast, but quick with their feet and movements.

in my opinion i believe it all boils down to exprience. I think that offense our WR and TE are young and maybe are not capable of the complicity of CAB's system. CWM needs to recruit players that fit his ssystem. If you guys remember back 2003 with chad lavala (not even going to correct the spelling) and that group, they were huge and fast. they linebackers were thick and tall and fast. but i know one thing, it's on next saturday. i could care less if auburn was 0-11 this is the game that matters. so lets get behind our tigers it's iron bowl time. keg in the quad who's coming with me??

Muschamp and (especially) Tubs are proven, excellent defensive coaches. I've said this on other threads and after yesterdays game it's still abundantly clear: many of our defensive players are repeatedly making mistakes in football 101 areas...ESPECIALLY pursuit angles, but also fundamental tackling and staying on your feet. That I just don't get.

I think in the end, we have missed Obomanu, Aromashodu, Mix and Wallace more than we thought we would. In addition, the o-line misses Reddick and McNeil more than we thought we would. I could see this exact same group performing much better next season simply on the basis of experience, though I wouldn't be shocked to see some of the recent recruits displace a couple of current starters either.

On defense, I think Muschamp's system and scheme is just different than what the current personnel's strengths are, but I believe we'll get better as the players we have grasp things better and as we get people more fitted to the scheme in place. We need some bigger bodies at DT that can run stop better and some bigger LBs as well...not huge, just not as light as recent years.

I look forward to seeing these guys grow. I'm not happy with the two losses this year and the lackluster performances in a few games, but I'm not so pessimistic that I think this is how they'll always be either. Experience is an underrated component of a good team and we forget that sometimes as we look at recruiting rankings and 40 yd dash times.

If it hurts to watch this year's team, just imagine next year:

Offense: We lose Ben Grubbs, Joe Cope, Tim Duckworth, and Jonathan Palmer (and they are all on the OL). We will also lose Courtney Taylor and Kenny. We are proven at RB position, WR only a proven one and that's Rodney Smith.

Defense: Karibe Dede, David Irons, Marquiss Gunn, and Will Herring.

The younger guys have better grow up quick.

hear hear Titan. i mean you guys on this forums are acting like we have lost every game this season. We have a chance to go 11 and 2. In my book that's damn good. We aren't losing many starters next year, the future looks brighter and brighter everytime i think about it. So stop acting like every bammer caller that calls into finebaum. Let's focus on the thumb baby!!

hear hear Titan. i mean you guys on this forums are acting like we have lost every game this season. We have a chance to go 11 and 2. In my book that's damn good. We aren't losing many starters next year, the future looks brighter and brighter everytime i think about it. So stop acting like every bammer caller that calls into finebaum. Let's focus on the thumb baby!!

We aren't losing many starters next year?

:rant:

:no::no::no: responses like these are why i hesitated to even post my topic. I'm not a bammer fan, i'm not whining and complaining, i'm simply stating my opinion on the coordinators. I love our coordinators, i think we have the greatest coaching staff in college football, does that mean i can't be disappointed at times or that I can't say "wow I really miss this type of play or that type of play"...no just stating an opinion. I'm not bashing anyone or acting like we have lost every game this season. As a matter of fact, I am one of the ones who stays until the end of the game whether we are stomping someone or being crushed...I never leave my seat until the end of the game, win lose or draw.

I love this Auburn football team and every team that has come before and every team that will come after, I have the utmost respect for those young men because they aren't thugs, they don't get involved in off the field incidents that lead to major court issues and things like that. They are men of class, integrity and great pride which is why I will always love Auburn and all things Auburn.

so apparently in my effort to voice my opinion on a matter some things were lost in translation... so let me sum it up here

CAB = Nuttin' but love

CWM = Nuttin' but love

CTT = Nuttin' but love

UGA - 37 AU - 15 = disappointed yet have not allowed disappointment to turn me into shane from centerpoint or to act like AU has lost every game this season.... everyone understand now? I have only stated my opinion..everybody ok with that?... any questions?... no? ok. :rant:

If it hurts to watch this year's team, just imagine next year:

Offense: We lose Ben Grubbs, Joe Cope, Tim Duckworth, and Jonathan Palmer (and they are all on the OL). We will also lose Courtney Taylor and Kenny. We are proven at RB position, WR only a proven one and that's Rodney Smith.

Defense: Karibe Dede, David Irons, Marquiss Gunn, and Will Herring.

The younger guys have better grow up quick.

Offense:

ok sure we lose a little bit on the O-line. that's my only concern. Kenny and David Irons will be missed but are replacable. Next year, will be the year of the Tate ahla bo jackson style. if brad lester can take some short of alternative treatment (acupucture or voodoo curse) to get his hamstring healthy again our backfield will be a force to reckon with. Plus we have Mario Fannin and soon to be freshmen Enrique Davis waiting in the wings. Courtney Taylor (my favorite all-time au WR) will be sorely missed but we can see him on sundays. But we have a slew of talented WR. Look for ROD Smith (not rodney, rod is short for Rodriquez) to step it up in the spring and into fall next year. Montez Billings, Tim Hawthourne, Tyrell Zachery all have the talent to be big time SEC recievers.

Defense:

Karibe DeDe and Will Herring will be missed. These guys are super talented and have served auburn well. But when CWB gets Tray Blackmon on the right page, whoa look out. Future all-american i see for him. As for David Irons, i believe he is a bit overrated. We have a very young secondary right now., they will grow up and they will be one of the best in the nation next year. Maybe even as good as that '94 secondary. I dont think they will really miss Marquis Gunn, he hasn't really stepped up this year as anticipated. Our Dline is going to beok. Just remeber, we have Greg Smith coming into play next year. Quintin Groves is coming back for his senior year and the a is god's blessing. Josh Thompson, and Sen'Derrick Marks are going to be older and more mature! it's going to be a special season next year just mark my words now!

I agree that CAB's calls haven't seemed as creative as they used to, but not being a coach myself I don't know if that's merely due to the personnel he has to work with or what. As an offensive coordinator, he has proven himself enough in the past, here and at UCLA, that I still wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

And, based on their track records, I also think CTT and CWM are as good as any defensive minds in the country.

11-2 or even 10-3 would be considered a very successful season most of the time to most folks. It really reflects positively on CTT's tenure that he has led us to expect more. If we're disappointed it's because CTT has put us in that upper echelon of powers where fans reasonably expect near perfect seasons every year. ...not a bad place to be and not a place we've been in a long time.

I wasn't really refering to you Jc. It was more of a reference to Titans post. Didn't mean for it to sound that way

:bigblush: well gosh.. sorry for making an :moon: of myself.... won't happen again.. :cheers:

THE SEC has had 3 years to figure out AB's offense....sorry but Muschamp has NOT done a good job of adjusting the D @ halftime..THe Florida game ahd a LOT to do with Urban going away from his gameplan! :thumbsdown:

I agree that CAB's calls haven't seemed as creative as they used to, but not being a coach myself I don't know if that's merely due to the personnel he has to work with or what. As an offensive coordinator, he has proven himself enough in the past, here and at UCLA, that I still wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

And, based on their track records, I also think CTT and CWM are as good as any defensive minds in the country.

11-2 or even 10-3 would be considered a very successful season most of the time to most folks. It really reflects positively on CTT's tenure that he has led us to expect more. If we're disappointed it's because CTT has put us in that upper echelon of powers where fans reasonably expect near perfect seasons every year. ...not a bad place to be and not a place we've been in a long time.

I kept thinking that Al Borges just didn't want to show all his stuff the first half of the season. I thought he was keeping some things back. I was wrong. I've been disappointed in him, but am very glad we have him as OC. Hopefully, yesterday's loss will get our players ready for Alabama.

Archived