New Al Queda Plot Exposed.

otterinbham

WASHINGTON, DC—The Department Of Homeland Security claimed to have "reliable information" Monday that al-Qaeda is proceeding with a plan to dispatch to the United States 120 million operatives trained to antagonize and disrupt every American household. "These domestic operatives are already highly knowledgeable about their assigned families' daily schedules, eccentricities, and deepest desires," said DHS secretary Michael Chertoff. "All we can say is that they are serious, they are committed, and they have a lot more members than we ever imagined." While Chertoff said people should go about their daily lives as normally as possible, he did urge people to be diligent in reporting any unusual activity or suspicious Arab-looking men in their kitchens, bedrooms, closets or underneath their dinner tables

Make all the jokes you want, but over in the UK, MI5 has indeed uncovered major activity on the Islamic terrorist front.

U.K. Terrorist Plots `Fit Into a Pattern,' Minister Reid Says

By Mark Deen and Gonzalo Vina

Nov. 15 (Bloomberg) -- As many as 30 plots to carry out terrorist attacks in the U.K. are being coordinated outside the country and form a clear pattern, Home Secretary John Reid said.

``Whereas we thought they were haphazard some time ago, they do look as though they're being directed from abroad, specifically by elements of al-Qaeda,'' Reid told BBC Radio 4's Today program. ``They look as though they're being prepared strategically -- they fit into a pattern. It looks as if there's a wave of such things.''

Reid was responding to last week's disclosure from the head of the domestic spy agency that Britain is facing up to 30 alleged plots aimed at causing death and destruction and that terrorists could soon be using nuclear or biological weapons.

MI5 Director General Eliza Manningham-Buller said some 200 networks comprising 1,600 identified individuals are being investigated. Many of the alleged plots are linked to al-Qaeda in Pakistan and involved young British Muslim ``foot soldiers,'' she said.

Reid described the comments as a ``salutary warning'' that suggests ``a terrorist attack in the U.K. is highly likely.'' The terror threat facing the country ``is very great,'' he said.

``This at heart is a struggle for values and ideas and everyone in Britain who subscribes to a common set of vales,'' Reid said.

To contact the reporters on this story: Mark Deen in London at markdeen@bloomberg.net

Make all the jokes you want, but over in the UK, MI5 has indeed uncovered major activity on the Islamic terrorist front.

U.K. Terrorist Plots `Fit Into a Pattern,' Minister Reid Says

By Mark Deen and Gonzalo Vina

Nov. 15 (Bloomberg) -- As many as 30 plots to carry out terrorist attacks in the U.K. are being coordinated outside the country and form a clear pattern, Home Secretary John Reid said.

``Whereas we thought they were haphazard some time ago, they do look as though they're being directed from abroad, specifically by elements of al-Qaeda,'' Reid told BBC Radio 4's Today program. ``They look as though they're being prepared strategically -- they fit into a pattern. It looks as if there's a wave of such things.''

Reid was responding to last week's disclosure from the head of the domestic spy agency that Britain is facing up to 30 alleged plots aimed at causing death and destruction and that terrorists could soon be using nuclear or biological weapons.

MI5 Director General Eliza Manningham-Buller said some 200 networks comprising 1,600 identified individuals are being investigated. Many of the alleged plots are linked to al-Qaeda in Pakistan and involved young British Muslim ``foot soldiers,'' she said.

Reid described the comments as a ``salutary warning'' that suggests ``a terrorist attack in the U.K. is highly likely.'' The terror threat facing the country ``is very great,'' he said.

``This at heart is a struggle for values and ideas and everyone in Britain who subscribes to a common set of vales,'' Reid said.

To contact the reporters on this story: Mark Deen in London at markdeen@bloomberg.net

Oh, good grief. Try getting a sense of humor.

My sense of humor is just fine. When you post something funny, I'll laugh.

Do you have a pulse? That's hysterical. Look, I by no means take our security threats lightly, but that was a rather brilliant send up.

My sense of humor is just fine. When you post something funny, I'll laugh.

Do you have a pulse? That's hysterical. Look, I by no means take our security threats lightly, but that was a rather brilliant send up.

Upon further review, it does have a certain 'far side' quality about it.

Unfortunately there are many people who see islam as a "Far Side" issue. The threat is real but if you try to acknowledge it, the left says "You have bought into the fear."

It was a good lead in. But from the first line, I was looking for the punch line.

Unfortunately there are many people who see islam as a "Far Side" issue. The threat is real but if you try to acknowledge it, the left says "You have bought into the fear."

It was a good lead in. But from the first line, I was looking for the punch line.

The center says the same thing.

Archived