Good Article about Jason Campbells upoming start

Ranger12

For those that have not been a Redskins fan for as long as I have and do not know Joe Gibbs' character that well, but were criticizing him for taking so long to start JC, this article shows you why Gibbs wanted to give JC as much time as possible to learn under Brunell. MB may have been struggling this year, but he knows has to be a QB and is a class act. Not many young QBs are lucky enough to learn under a veteran QB like MB. Here is a little bit of the article, but I suggest for those interested to read the whole article. (We need a NFL forum with all the AU players going to the NFL these days).

Mark Brunell pulled Jason Campbell aside this week to tell him the tale of his first NFL start.

It was Sept. 17, 1995, and Brunell, then quarterback for Jacksonville, was befuddled after completing 15-of-33 passes for 138 yards, one touchdown, one interception and five sacks in the Jaguars' 27-10 loss to the New York Jets at the Meadowlands.

"I told him, 'Listen, no matter how it goes on Sunday, you will do better than I did on my first start,'" Brunell said. "It was horrible. I was all over the place."

Brunell, of course, guided the Jaguars to the AFC Championship game one year later. That's how quickly it can turn for an NFL quarterback.

Link

That was a good article. Sounds like Jason has the team behind him, and from what I have heard the fans have long been looking for him to start. I will be watching at noon on Fox. Great to see Campbell and Rogers going against Cadillac!! I can't wait to see Rogers and Caddy meet in a hole or on a sweep. You don't think there will be any jawing going on now do ya??

OMG I am so very pumed about this!! I am a packer fan and was mortified whey we took the Rogers kid. I wanted Jcamp to come to the tundra BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD. he is from Miss just like Favre how cool that would have been., But after living in DC and now in C-ville I was glad to see him and carlos come so close to my new home. I have to say that JC is one of my all-time fave :au: players. His calm cool demeanor and poise under terrible situations (5-6 Ocs in 5-6 years WOW) I hope he and Caddy and carlos get to talk some smack and play like they did back on the plains!!!!!!!

WAR DAMN JASON WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT BAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was on foxsports.net; I cut out the part of the article I thought you might like to see.

"Jason Campbell will make his NFL debut on Sunday when the Redskins visit the Buccaneers in a matchup of last-place teams with virtually no shot at the postseason.

With his club three games under .500 and struggling to mount any consistent offense, Redskins coach Joe Gibbs named Campbell his starting quarterback for Sunday in place of veteran Mark Brunell. Campbell, the 25th overall pick in the 2005 draft out of Auburn, has yet to play a regular-season down in the NFL.

If his college career is any indication, the Redskins (3-6) may have found their quarterback for years to come. Campbell finished with 31 wins at Auburn, the most of any quarterback in school history, and owns the Tigers' record for career completion percentage. He started in four straight bowl games, and led the team to a 13-0 record as a senior."

I am so disappointed that the game will not be showing on Fox here, like I thought it would. Instead, we "get" to see Chicago-Jets. And I know that was a game we were all looking forward to.

Yeah, I knew we would not get it hear. Our regional teams are the Titans and Falcons for each league.

When the Titans moved here, it ticked me off, because before the moved here, the Dolphins was usually our AFC regional game. The Titans screwed that up and I can't watch my Dolphins anymore.

When I was in QA for DirecTV for almost 5 years, I got NFL Sunday Ticket for free. Maybe one day I will shell out the cash to order it now that I have too.

Archived