Brodie quote

tigerdude

This afternoon I was catching a bit of the folly known as drive radio in Birmingham, via JOX. They had brodie on. What caught my ear was the final part where Brodie pitched for the sponser "Crane Works".

Brodie said that they had been very good to him the past few years. Now, how could a company "be very good" to an athlete for several years and be legal? The only way I can think of that such a company could help Brodie would have been to pick his butt up oh, 11 or so times last fall!

I dont know...why dont you ask Pat Dye...

because he doesn't coach for bama..........he probably was just reading the cards and not paying attention to what they were saying. i doubt brodie was being paid to play, that would be suicide by the turds.

Any reason as to why Croyle would be paid? He/His family are doing quite well from what I can see.

Please remove your tin foil hat, sir.

He/His family are doing quite well from what I can see.

Well, that happen$ when you have multiple relative$ play $port$ at the Crap$tone, e$pecially when that $port i$ football. Bryant-Denny $tadium i$ kind to player$ that way. :poke:

Any reason as to why Croyle would be paid? He/His family are doing quite well from what I can see.

Daddy Croyle is still too cheap to pay for lunch.

True Story..

The 1st and only time I have ever been in Dreamland in T-town, for lunch/early dinner, it was Spring of 03. Crowded table next to us of 50-60 year old men, cutting up having a great time, all talkative to the waiter. So, as I am setting there eating, I keep hearing one of the guys refering to football practice and how so and so is doing in Spring practice. I just assume he probably has a son on the team. Then I hear him say, "Brodie said" and "Brodie is going to do this" and "Brodie is studying hard this semester". So, I really put it together that this is Croyle Sr.

His table finishes eating, I notice he grabs the check for this table of like 5 or 6 guys. He prances up to the lunch counter with the cash register and the guy behind the counter there is like, "Your money is no go here, it is on the house". So, he turns around announces to his buddies still at the table on the other side of the room and everybody else in the place, "They won't take my money here! It is on the house today." They then proceed to walk out without paying. Which they probably had a $70 ticket at that overpriced dump. But, that is the typical 'good ole boy arrogance' over there.

I seem to remember seeing Brodie on the field last year.

Isn't it time we quit referring to the "05 Iron Bowl. I realize that he indeed was ON the field quite a bit, but this is getting old. :P

Well, that happen$ when you have multiple relative$ play $port$ at the Crap$tone, e$pecially when that $port i$ football. Bryant-Denny $tadium i$ kind to player$ that way. :poke:

I was referring to the nice paycheck that Brodie's getting from some football team in Kansas City. Ever heard of them?

I was referring to the nice paycheck that Brodie's getting from some football team in Kansas City. Ever heard of them?

Lighten up, sister. You seem to have your panties in quite a bunch over this. :rolleyes:

Daddy Croyle is still too cheap to pay for lunch.

True Story..

The 1st and only time I have ever been in Dreamland in T-town, for lunch/early dinner, it was Spring of 03. Crowded table next to us of 50-60 year old men, cutting up having a great time, all talkative to the waiter. So, as I am setting there eating, I keep hearing one of the guys refering to football practice and how so and so is doing in Spring practice. I just assume he probably has a son on the team. Then I hear him say, "Brodie said" and "Brodie is going to do this" and "Brodie is studying hard this semester". So, I really put it together that this is Croyle Sr.

His table finishes eating, I notice he grabs the check for this table of like 5 or 6 guys. He prances up to the lunch counter with the cash register and the guy behind the counter there is like, "Your money is no go here, it is on the house". So, he turns around announces to his buddies still at the table on the other side of the room and everybody else in the place, "They won't take my money here! It is on the house today." They then proceed to walk out without paying. Which they probably had a $70 ticket at that overpriced dump. But, that is the typical 'good ole boy arrogance' over there.

So if dreamland says it's on the house then why would they pay anyways? and did you just refer to dreamland as an over priced dump?? blasphemy!!! dreamland is the best bbq place in the country!! and it doesn't really matter where the restaurant is because i go to the one in south side in birmingham but give credit where credit is due. dreamland is the best!!

Be a running back at Auburn, go to the NFL. Quarterback at Alabama, be a radio personality in Birmingham.

Bingo! We have a winner!

Dreamland is good, but it is not the best.

Branch out, young man.

Agreed. I like Dreamland also and would never turn it down, but I have had much better in my travels. Heck, my father-in-law makes the best Boston butt pork BBQ I have ever tasted.

When I lived in Northport with my best friend, one of our other roomates worked at Dreamland and we had BBQ sauce by the gallons and ribs stored up in the freezer. Kind of got tired of Dreamland for awhile. However, if they tell me my meal is on the house, then I sure am not going to refuse to not pay. So, that does not surprise that a UAT "legund" like John Croyle does not have to pay for any of his meals in T-Town. I would guess that the same thing happens to Charles Barkley or Bo Jackson sometimes also.

I would not read too much into what Brodie said while doing his scripted spill on his radio spot's sponsor.

I have to defend the Croyles on this one!!!!! Yes, that's right....I am going to defend a Bammer!!!!

Mr. Croyle and his family are what good people are all about!!! He has dedicated his life by helping kids, and he has made a huge difference!!!!! I am on their side (except on Iron Bowl Sat.)

I can find a lot of other bammers to talk about, but I WILL NOT talk about the Croyles.

Let's face it! Broddie did not have a win against us, so why even bash him???? And his family is A+!

:no:

I have to defend the Croyles on this one!!!!! Yes, that's right....I am going to defend a Bammer!!!!

Mr. Croyle and his family are what good people are all about!!! He has dedicated his life by helping kids, and he has made a huge difference!!!!! I am on their side (except on Iron Bowl Sat.)

I can find a lot of other bammers to talk about, but I WILL NOT talk about the Croyles.

Let's face it! Broddie did not have a win against us, so why even bash him???? And his family is A+!

:no:

(sarcasm from another thread) ...but does he have a hot wife?

Archived