Legal Advice Needed

MDM4AU

In order to avoid a frivolous lawsuit and to keep liberal nutcases from screaming bloody-murder, this is the only acceptable way I can come up with to greet people this holiday season:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

Any of you legal guys mind looking over this for me?

My advice is to stop watch Bill O'Reilly.

In order to avoid a frivolous lawsuit and to keep liberal nutcases from screaming bloody-murder, this is the only acceptable way I can come up with to greet people this holiday season:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

Lighten up. It' a joke.

(Anyone notice how easy you can get Tex to respond by commenting on liberal nutcases? Like shooting fish in a barrel. :lol: )

Lighten up. It' a joke.

(Anyone notice how easy you can get Tex to respond by commenting on liberal nutcases? Like shooting fish in a barrel. :lol: )

Mine was a joke, too. You make it sound like I went off on a rant. You overreact with very little provocation. You're very reliable.

Lighten up. It' a joke.

Mine was a joke, too. You make it sound like I went off on a rant. You overreact with very little provocation. You're very reliable.

OK, so yours was a joke. That's cool. :)

What part of my post exactly insinuates you went on a rant? :headscratch: I just merely pointed out that you will respond to anyting that slights liberals. And truth be told, you respond to anything that even hints at slighting liberals. It's quite comical. :rolleyes:

Oh, well...

Lighten up. It' a joke.

What part of my post exactly insinuates you went on a rant? :headscratch: I just merely pointed out that you will respond to anyting that slights liberals. And truth be told, you respond to anything that even hints at slighting liberals. It's quite comical. :rolleyes:

Oh, well...

Truth be told, not that you give a damn about truth, if you were to actually examine this board, you'd notice numerous such threads that I never responded to. In fact, there are many such threads I never bother to read, even though the title does exactly what you claim. Again, you overreact, overstate, to the point of being a liar. And think you're being cute and humorous. That's comical, in a pathetic sort of way.

Lighten up. It' a joke.

Oh, well...

Truth be told, not that you give a damn about truth, if you were to actually examine this board, you'd notice numerous such threads that I never responded to. In fact, there are many such threads I never bother to read, even though the title does exactly what you claim. Again, you overreact, overstate, to the point of being a liar. And think you're being cute and humorous. That's comical, in a pathetic sort of way.

You seriously need a vacation or to get laid or something. IT WAS ALL A JOKE! I was ribbing you when you decided to reply. I seriously wasn't expecting a reply from you when I started this thread. Believe it or not, some of us really don't post with Tex in mind. I didn't realize it was that time of the month for you. I don't need a history lesson on the Posting Adventures (or not) of TexasTiger. You keep saying I am overreacting and overstating...Are you reading your own posts? :blink: It was a joke for crying out loud.

Seriously...lay off all the caffiene, cigarettes, cocaine, etc.

Lighten up. It' a joke.

Oh, well...

You seriously need a vacation or to get laid or something. IT WAS ALL A JOKE! I was ribbing you when you decided to reply. I seriously wasn't expecting a reply from you when I started this thread. Believe it or not, some of us really don't post with Tex in mind. I didn't realize it was that time of the month for you. I don't need a history lesson on the Posting Adventures (or not) of TexasTiger. You keep saying I am overreacting and overstating...Are you reading your own posts? :blink: It was a joke for crying out loud.

This is your standard MO. You post, invite replies, slam someone for replying as you requested, then say it was all a joke, blah blah.

You act like a prick and then play, "Who me?"

Lighten up. It' a joke.

Oh, well...

This is your standard MO. You post, invite replies, slam someone for replying as you requested, then say it was all a joke, blah blah.

You act like a prick and then play, "Who me?"

Tex, really..settle down.

This is a spoof on all the PC craziness at this time of year. I wasn't seriously "inviting replies" as you put it but if I genuinely was, it would have been from "legal guys" on the board. Not sure how that includes you .

You talk about overstating "to the point of being a liar." You shouldn't have a problem showing us all plenty of examples of how I post and invite responses, slam someone for replying then claim it's a joke. I'm inviting you Captain Facetious . Really, if this is my MO there should be mountains of examples. After all, 45% of my posts in 4 years are here in this forum.

You claimed you were joking about the O'rielly thing and I said "cool." Seriously, I don't watch the guy so I thought maybe you had seen something I hadn't. You were joking...COOL.

I asked you questions you conveniently avoid and you continue to name call. You claim I am overreacting but you seriously don't notice how your posts sound, do you? You seriously need help. I'm not joking here. You need professional help. Because if everything I stated before this post can really illicit the responses like this:

Truth be told, not that you give a damn about truth...Again, you overreact, overstate, to the point of being a liar...And think you're being cute and humorous. That's comical, in a pathetic sort of way...You act like a prick...

You need help. I am not sure where your anger comes from but I am not a doctor so I can't begin to help you. But I hope you get things resolved soon.

Try to have a good day, Tex. And you really need to seek help.

Okay, so you post on a forum like this, but neither want nor expect replies. I understand. That makes sense. :no::ucrazy:

You may want to start a blog, but not allow comments, if that's what you're looking for.

You stated this:

And truth be told, you respond to anything that even hints at slighting liberals.

Which illicited this reply:

Truth be told, not that you give a damn about truth, if you were to actually examine this board, you'd notice numerous such threads that I never responded to. In fact, there are many such threads I never bother to read, even though the title does exactly what you claim. Again, you overreact, overstate, to the point of being a liar.

Nothing illogical about that reply. You made a dishonest overstatement while being insulting.

You really started this pissy little insult exchange on this thread with this 3rd grade response:

(Anyone notice how easy you can get Tex to respond by commenting on liberal nutcases? Like shooting fish in a barrel. )

Otherwise, this thread would have ended with both of us saying we were joking. Done. But you wanted to be pissy, I'm guessing due to anger you hold over something. Hope you enjoyed it and it met whatever need you had today.

But we can easily both avoid this crap in the future.

You have a nice day.

I thought the initial post was just silly. Why not simply say "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year???"

It is silly. That's the whole joke of it. It is grossly over exaggerated. It just got way out of hand once posted on here. Probably because you can't always judge someone's demeanor by a simple post.

Merry Christmas, Al.

Okay, so you post on a forum like this, but neither want nor expect replies. I understand. That makes sense. :no::ucrazy:

There you go overstating things. I never said I never expected or wanted replies. I said I wasn't expecting a reply from you. *Note: Reading is FUNdamental .

You may want to start a blog, but not allow comments, if that's what you're looking for.

You stated this:

And truth be told, you respond to anything that even hints at slighting liberals.

Still picking at you. Without looking through the "Chronicles of Tex," I will concede it was possibly exaggerated. Really didn't think it would be that big of a deal.

Truth be told, not that you give a damn about truth, if you were to actually examine this board, you'd notice numerous such threads that I never responded to. In fact, there are many such threads I never bother to read, even though the title does exactly what you claim. Again, you overreact, overstate, to the point of being a liar.

Nothing illogical about that reply. You made a dishonest overstatement while being insulting.

What's illogical is the tone you take. And you talk about me having anger. Did you seriously get your feelings hurt by my comments? :rolleyes:

You really started this pissy little insult exchange on this thread with this 3rd grade response:

(Anyone notice how easy you can get Tex to respond by commenting on liberal nutcases? Like shooting fish in a barrel. )

It was a joke. Poking fun. You made a wise crack, I rebutted and you got your panties in a bunch.

Otherwise, this thread would have ended with both of us saying we were joking. Done. But you wanted to be pissy, I'm guessing due to anger you hold over something. Hope you enjoyed it and it met whatever need you had today.

Seriously...get help. You are the only one that seemed the least bit angered in this thread. Do you really not think that you came across as pissy? WOW! Were you truly insulted that I claimed "you respond to anything that even hints at slighting liberals?" You have some extremely thin skin.

Yeah, don't take a message board so personal.

You have a nice day.

You too, Tex. Merry Christmas to ya'.

There you go overstating things. I never said I never expected or wanted replies. I said I wasn't expecting a reply from you. *Note: Reading is FUNdamental .

You stated this:

Still picking at you. Without looking through the "Chronicles of Tex," I will concede it was possibly exaggerated. Really didn't think it would be that big of a deal.

What's illogical is the tone you take. And you talk about me having anger. Did you seriously get your feelings hurt by my comments? :rolleyes:

It was a joke. Poking fun. You made a wise crack, I rebutted and you got your panties in a bunch.

Seriously...get help. You are the only one that seemed the least bit angered in this thread. Do you really not think that you came across as pissy? WOW! Were you truly insulted that I claimed "you respond to anything that even hints at slighting liberals?" You have some extremely thin skin.

Yeah, don't take a message board so personal.

You have a nice day.

You too, Tex. Merry Christmas to ya'.

You never expected a reply from me, but you say I always reply to such things. Okay.

;)

Since you obviously feel the need to get in the last insult on this thread, it's yours.

Merry Christmas!

Archived