2007 Baseball Season just a mere 27 days away!

I am so ready for baseball season this year. I think we will be back in the hunt for an NCAA bid. This team is ready to put us back in the SEC Tourney and beyond.

Everyone get your baseball season tickets and let's PLAY BALL!! :cheer:

When tickets for baseball cost more for students than does basketball, I have to pass.

I am not so sure about that.

There will be over 30 games on the AU baseball season. 30 home games.

Basketball has a few less than that, but come on out for select games.

Basketball tickets for students are free.

Baseball - not free.

Yeah...I see your point.

I am faculty/staff.....I wish mine were free :)

Basketball tickets for students are free.

Baseball - not free.

Are basketball tickets really free now? They used to be $2. Even last season.

I definitely need to flip out my expiration date-free student ID and get to a basketball game some time when I go up there for the baseball games.

But yes, I too think this year's team is going to be much improved from last season.

Scout

Slater:

“Our guys really came back in good shape and we had a nice week of work with our individual stuff. The pitchers got some bullpens in and the position players got a lot of defensive work and ground balls. Now to start spring practice and have a couple of intrasquad games under our belt already has been great. The guys have a lot of energy and are bouncing around the field.

The most important thing you have to build is a pitching staff. We’re two recruiting classes into that now. I really like the quality and depth of our staff right now. I think that in itself can change the look of things immediately. When you can run guys out there virtually every day on both sides of an intrasquad and they are quality guys and your hitters are getting looks at legitimate SEC pitching it just helps every thing.â€Â

I'm ready to head down there for some games!

I think we're gonna have a much improved squad on our hands this year!

http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/

Lists Evan Crawford #17 overal and #5 Soph LHP.

The list had 25 names and about 30 "to watch."

The only others from the state were listed under "to watch" (Miers Quigley, So. uat)(Clegg Snipes, Sr. Troy).

The RHP list had 75 names along with another 40+ to watch.

There were none from AU and 1 from uat (Tommy Hunter - #10 draft eligible Soph) on that list.

i can't wait till baseball in general starts. That's one thing that i throughly enjoyed in my time on the plains in school. Kicking back on a lazy spring afternoon after classes, hanging out with my friends in the stands watching auburn baseball. i have to make a couple of weekend series this year!! how much are season tickets by the way??

Also wanted to point out, they had a list of Pre-Season Top 15 Closers.

This section had 15 "Others To Watch".

Paul Burnside and Luke Greinke from Auburn were listed in "Others To Watch" as was Del Howell (Fr., uat) and Josh Dew (Jr., Troy)

NOBODY in any sports besides track could do what Bertman did during his tenure. It's just this guy is very enthusiastic and has quite a coaching resume. With the new baseball stadium on the way and the sick recruiting class on the way, he'll have us back to wiining in the next 2-3 years. I do agree with you Southlink that Bertamns year aren't coming back, but he has the coaching staff and recources to make LSU a consistent top 10 team.

:lsu: + new coach = bringing back the magic. :big:

That same qoute was used in reference to DiNardo once though also :big:

But it took Alabama's coach to actually do it. ;)

When tickets for baseball cost more for students than does basketball, I have to pass.

Are you actually complaining that you might have to pay $2 to go watch a college baseball game in the best college ballpark in the country for YOUR team that happens to have the best looking baseball uniforms in the country (added personal opinion)? :( C'mon man.

Theres 35 games. Even if you can to every one that would be $70. (which I know you wont anyway because you are complaining about this)

It cost four or five bucks to come watch one of my high school games. And trust me- I couldnt jack like Mike Bianucci.

Just be thankful that you get a free basketball ticket from time to time and save your $2..i hope you have a scholarship..id hate to see you pay tuition.

Btw for you other folks that dont know - the tickets for basketball games arent necessarily free. The first 500 students do get in free. But for the SEC games and other big games you have to go be one of the first 500 students the day before to get an armband. They did this because the environment sucked and hoped this would get some more students in for the lesser opponents I assume. Im not really sure that it changes much because the people who usually get the armbands are the ones who go to every game regardless. I think its pretty sad that they would even think that the $2 was keeping people away.

I couldnt jack like Mike Bianucci

If I could, I wouldn't be sitting in this God-forsaken office right now. Looking at the schedule, I'm hoping to get down there to see them play Ole Miss. Being in Memphis, I usually go to Oxford to see them every other year, but I may just make the trip to the Plains this year after all.

WAR EAGLE!!

Archived