Y'all come to TTown Friday night...

WinCrimson

For the UA/AU gymnastics meet. If I can sit there and watch my team get their arses handed to them, you can too. ;)

We've got to prevent you guys from breaking out the broom Friday night. If not, the 4th week in January could be the worst week ever. :o

Guest Tigrinum Major

Sorry, I have an appointment to have my toenails removed by a large woman who uses a pair of Vice Grips and no anesthesia.

That's what I thought before my first meet. They're actually pretty exciting and we sell out for most nights. Not dull at all...

For the UA/AU gymnastics meet. If I can sit there and watch my team get their arses handed to them, you can too. ;)

We've got to prevent you guys from breaking out the broom Friday night. If not, the 4th week in January could be the worst week ever. :o

So here it is. The inevitable Gymnastics smack talk we were half joking about.

Wow.

Where have you been Win? We thought we had lost you and picked up BammerPerry. :no:

Guest Tigrinum Major

That's what I thought before my first meet. They're actually pretty exciting and we sell out for most nights. Not dull at all...

Sorry, but a competition that is judged by people who worry about the angle of a person's elbow during a landing just doesn't cut it for me.

I surmise that many of the scores are based a least in part on reputation of the overall program.

Not that I am adverse to watching young ladies prance around in shiny outfits, mind you.

Speaking as a red-blooded heterosexual male, I will admit that some "arses" are more fun to watch than others... ;)

Gymnastics is fun and all but wow smack talk about it!!!! And Win you may be looking at the broom as you stated our girls arent just prettier than yours this year they are pretty solid. So dont count your w's until they dismount!

Y'all really think I am talking smack about gymnastics? If I ever say anything derogatory about AU gymnastics, know that I'm joking.

Sure, I want UA to win in everything... but I don't lose sleep over the gymnastics meets.

The problem with gymnastics is that you pretty much know who is going to win before it ever starts. AU's team is good, but uat is an elite gymnastics squad so barring a miracle, uat will likely win. Just hope some of the girls can pick up some individual awards, Puckett and Dwyer are very good, and Mills isn't far behind for AU.

I don't get the gymnastic girls are fun to watch thing. Don't get me wrong, I know they are very athletic and can contort into some interesting...um....manuevers, but the overall body structure of MOST topnotch gymnasts is not what I consider attractive.

IE: pronounced pectorals rather than perky...pectorals. Broad shoulders and defined muscular arms. I prefer a slightly softer body to watch.

Not that it wouldn't be fun to try a few "floor excercises" just to see what it was like.

...so barring a miracle, uat will likely win.

To be fair, I thought pretty much the same thing about our basketball team winning, so anything is possible!

...so barring a miracle, uat will likely win.

To be fair, I thought pretty much the same thing about our basketball team winning, so anything is possible!

uh no, I'm sorry, its two different sports(hehe, gymnastics a sport). In gymnastics they perform routines, they practice the same thing over and over and thus the more talented squad is almost insured a victory. Put it this way, if Auburn and uat both have their best meets ever Friday, uat will win. If Auburn has its best meet and uat has about a "B" performance, uat will probably win, but it will be close. Its possible for Auburn to win, don't get me wrong our girls are a very good squad, but they'll likely have to have some help.

Archived