Auburn is killing the Bammers in recruiting

whiteplainstiger

According to scout, Auburn is killing the Bammers in recruiting. Scout has Auburn recruiting class ranked #9 in the country, and they have Bammers recruiting class ranked #34 in th entire country. The Bammers only have the 9th or 10th best recruiting class in the SEC. I thought Nick Saban was supposed to be a great recruiter. Can somebody explain why Saban is having such a terrible recruiting class at Bammer?

Rivals is the only ranking that actually counts, and they have the tide at #18 I believe. Of course after today, they should jump up at least 20 spots...

According to scout, Auburn is killing the Bammers in recruiting. Scout has Auburn recruiting class ranked #9 in the country, and they have Bammers recruiting class ranked #34 in th entire country. The Bammers only have the 9th or 10th best recruiting class in the SEC. I thought Nick Saban was supposed to be a great recruiter. Can somebody explain why Saban is having such a terrible recruiting class at Bammer?

"Terrible recruiting class" is quite subjective is it not?

"Terrible recruiting class" is quite subjective is it not?

"perpetual apologist" isn't.

UAT will do better next season with Auburn being pretty well loaded and St. Nick having a full year to get his talons in.

and All of his Checks ordered. See, that was the problem......he ran out of Checks and with the new address the checks came just a Little bit late for this year. He'll be ready to go come Feb. 8th.

UAT will do better next season with Auburn being pretty well loaded and St. Nick having a full year to get his talons in.

and All of his Checks ordered. See, that was the problem......he ran out of Checks and with the new address the checks came just a Little bit late for this year. He'll be ready to go come Feb. 8th.

Auburn fans making fun of Bama for paying players. Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.... :poke:

It is widely known that Scout sucks. Why not go to rivals, where you are still high and so are we? Come on, all you do is try to put us down. It is not working..... :poke:

It is widely known that Scout sucks. Why not go to rivals, where you are still high and so are we? Come on, all you do is try to put us down. It is not working..... :poke:

What I do every year, since Scout and Rivals usually never match up, is take the average after signing day........for you bammer fans, I take Scout's Ranking then I Add (+) that to Rivals', after I get that sum I Divide (/) that by two. In bama's case right now that comes out to 24th, which isn't that bad.......But it ain't Top Ten like ours..... :moon::poke:

hey guys.... Jeramie Griffin just received his check.. he said the check he received from Auburn bounced.. :roflol:

Those damn insufficient funds. Gets me everytime.

hey guys.... Jeramie Griffin just received his check.. he said the check he received from Auburn bounced.. :roflol:

You can correct me if Im wrong, but I believe he is the fullback from Mississippi who was cut loose by Ole Miss because he had no chance of qualifying. Maybe he can join Kerry Murphy in junior college next year

You can correct me if Im wrong, but I believe he is the fullback from Mississippi who was cut loose by Ole Miss because he had no chance of qualifying. Maybe he can join Kerry Murphy in junior college next year

Ole Miss didn't pull his offer. I swear you guys say that about EVERY verbal we get. He was the 4th rated fullback in the nation. Looks good on film. Needs some work in the classrom. Why wouldn't we take him?

:ua: has gone thru a coaching change, a horrible season, and CNS has had 34 days to recruit. AU is coming off 2 very good seasons and has had time to forge relationships with these kids for the past year or so. you can't tell me the two can be equally compared. anyone with connected brain cells will tell you that. for all of that i don't think #18 in the nation is all that shabby. this class is not a flop. now if next recruiting season is a total flop, by all means, i will take the criticism with a smile. but you can't tell me we have a terrible class with all that has happened since IB.

Bammer has the #10 recruiting class out of the 12 schools in the SEC according to scout. The only SEC schools who have a worse recruiting class than the Bammers are Kentucky and Vanderbilt. You know you're having a terrible year in recruiting when youre recruiting class is ranked behind Mississippi States recruiting class.

:ua: has gone thru a coaching change, a horrible season, and CNS has had 34 days to recruit. AU is coming off 2 very good seasons and has had time to forge relationships with these kids for the past year or so. you can't tell me the two can be equally compared. anyone with connected brain cells will tell you that. for all of that i don't think #18 in the nation is all that shabby. this class is not a flop. now if next recruiting season is a total flop, by all means, i will take the criticism with a smile. but you can't tell me we have a terrible class with all that has happened since IB.

The reason we are taking such joy in this (and I'm not talking about you, wincrimson, or BG) is because when Saban became your coach this board was inundated with bammers rubbing our faces in it. We were told to get ready for and SEC championship next season, MNC the next year. We were mostly told to watch our for our recruits. Saban is here now. He gets who he wants and leaves everyone else the rest. No mention was made at that time about relationship building.

This 34 days on the job excuse didn't come out until this class didn't pan out like everyone hoped. I would dare say it isn't as good as it was when Shula was there (you would still be getting Mike Ford among several others). Saban lost more than he gained from this class. Excuse us for finding it funny when we got our eyes beat out (on our own site) about how Saban would own us in recruiting (this year).

Ole Miss didn't pull his offer. I swear you guys say that about EVERY verbal we get. He was the 4th rated fullback in the nation. Looks good on film. Needs some work in the classrom. Why wouldn't we take him?

Are you sure?

One of Strong's teammates, South Panola fullback Jeramie Griffin, said he's not certain if he will sign with Ole Miss.

Griffin, who is rated as a four-star recruit by Scout.com and Rivals.com, isn't sure if he still has a scholarship offer from the Rebels because of academic concerns.

Griffin is one of three South Panola players who committed to Ole Miss long before their senior seasons began, joining Strong and defensive back Leroy Diggs.

"If they pull it, they just pull it," Griffin said. "I can't do much about it."

Woods said Ole Miss has been "up front" with both Griffin and Diggs about the possibility of pulling their scholarship offers.

Woods said it will happen if "they've got somebody that can qualify and sign." He didn't know if the scholarships had been pulled as of Thursday night.

Griffin said he hasn't been in contact with Ole Miss' coaching staff about his scholarship offer but said he was upset about the unknown.

When asked if he was still committed to Ole Miss, Griffin said: "I guess I'm going to consider somebody else... Mississippi State."

Good thing Saban came in at the end with an offer or the poor kid would have had to commit to MSU.

:roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

AU is coming off 2 very good seasons ...

I stopped reading after this phrase.

Auburn is coming off more than 2 very good seasons. Depending on your definition, that number might vary. But it is definitely more than 2.

Don't be silly! As a certain deceased Bama booster demonstrated, you don't use checks, you use cash...and in amounts under $10,000 at a time so you don't attract attention from the Feds. Later, you can claim it's gambling money or girlfriend money. :rolleyes:

Auburn is coming off more than 2 very good seasons. Depending on your definition, that number might vary. But it is definitely more than 2.

Nah, 2006 & 2005 were good, but 2004 was a bust.

:rolleyes:

Nah, 2006 & 2005 were good, but 2004 was a bust.

:rolleyes:

actually i was speaking of from 2004 to now, was 1 in the morning and just got off work when i was posting. apparently i am unable to add at that hour.

Auburn fans making fun of Bama for paying players. Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.... :poke:

Who did Auburn pay? I would love to know

Bammer has the #10 recruiting class out of the 12 schools in the SEC according to scout. The only SEC schools who have a worse recruiting class than the Bammers are Kentucky and Vanderbilt. You know you're having a terrible year in recruiting when youre recruiting class is ranked behind Mississippi States recruiting class.

We are up to #19 on Scout and #10 on Rivals. Not too bad... :thumbsup:

Archived