Auburn is killing the Bammers in recruiting

whiteplainstiger

UAT will do better next season with Auburn being pretty well loaded and St. Nick having a full year to get his talons in.

and All of his Checks ordered. See, that was the problem......he ran out of Checks and with the new address the checks came just a Little bit late for this year. He'll be ready to go come Feb. 8th.

Auburn fans making fun of Bama for paying players. Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.... :poke:

Who did Auburn pay? I would love to know

Try Eric Ramsey......but "keep it down home, cuz"..... :poke: Those famous words were uttered on tape by Auburn assistant Coach Larry Blakeney. That is the reason he doesn't have a big-time job.

UAT will do better next season with Auburn being pretty well loaded and St. Nick having a full year to get his talons in.

and All of his Checks ordered. See, that was the problem......he ran out of Checks and with the new address the checks came just a Little bit late for this year. He'll be ready to go come Feb. 8th.

Auburn fans making fun of Bama for paying players. Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.... :poke:

Try Eric Ramsey......but "keep it down home, cuz"..... :poke: Those famous words were uttered on tape by Auburn assistant Coach Larry Blakeney. That is the reason he doesn't have a big-time job.

Speaking of,,,,,

Bammers have been screaming to high heaven that the Saban Coonass statement was a recorded private conversation and therefore it was wrong to make it public. Was the Ramsey tape not a private conversation?

Not defending anyone or past wrongs at AU, asking a question. Do you Bammers have an answer?

It'll be fun watching you try to actually win any SEC games with this "top 10" class...PUH-LEEEEEZE!!!

:au::homer:

Speaking of,,,,,

Bammers have been screaming to high heaven that the Saban Coonass statement was a recorded private conversation and therefore it was wrong to make it public. Was the Ramsey tape not a private conversation?

Not defending anyone or past wrongs at AU, asking a question. Do you Bammers have an answer?

I don't want to get into all this, but the Ramsey tapes were phony. They were created by Richard Arrington and his pal Donald Watkins in part to punish Auburn for the decision to move the game from Legion Field. The two were backed by Bama boosters who trolled the fringes of the Auburn program looking for somebody, anybody with the slightest axe to grind and a greedy streak. They struck gold when they ran across the ultimate digger Twiletta. The "tapes" were doctored and modified. All they could ever really find is that Ramsey begged repeatedely for and finally got some steaks -- because his family was "starving."

Blakeney's famous "down home cuz" statement was completely out of context and didn't match the background of other parts of the same tape. There was nothing there.

Pathetic.

:ua: has gone thru a coaching change, a horrible season, and CNS has had 34 days to recruit. AU is coming off 2 very good seasons and has had time to forge relationships with these kids for the past year or so. you can't tell me the two can be equally compared. anyone with connected brain cells will tell you that. for all of that i don't think #18 in the nation is all that shabby. this class is not a flop. now if next recruiting season is a total flop, by all means, i will take the criticism with a smile. but you can't tell me we have a terrible class with all that has happened since IB.

How do you know that? You need to reserve such statements till they actually get on the field...assuming any of them do...

If you can say NOW that this class isn't a flop(without any of these players ever on a college field) why can't we say uat got a terrible class?? works both ways.

:ua: has gone thru a coaching change, a horrible season, and CNS has had 34 days to recruit. AU is coming off 2 very good seasons and has had time to forge relationships with these kids for the past year or so. you can't tell me the two can be equally compared. anyone with connected brain cells will tell you that. for all of that i don't think #18 in the nation is all that shabby. this class is not a flop. now if next recruiting season is a total flop, by all means, i will take the criticism with a smile. but you can't tell me we have a terrible class with all that has happened since IB.

How do you know that? You need to reserve such statements till they actually get on the field...assuming any of them do...

If you can say NOW that this class isn't a flop(without any of these players ever on a college field) why can't we say uat got a terrible class?? works both ways.

i guess that means all the sunshine pumping threads about AU's recruit class on this board are just /dev/null/ too huh?

I can't imagine another class in the nation that addresses specific needs as well as this class. CTT and staff have done another BRILLIANT job. I can't wait to see this defense over the next few years. Between the secondary and linebackers that came in this year and the front seven commits from last year, this D will be NASTY!

Looking down the list of offensive signees for this year, there is TOP QUALITY help coming in at every position on the field. Line, QB, RB, FB, TE, and WR are all cream of the crop. You can't do any better than that. We even got a top rated kicker to top it all off.

i guess you need to tell him since they have never played on a college field he can't say that they have "TOP QUALITY" help coming in. its funny how the stars a player has doesn't matter unless its an AU recruit.

According to scout, Auburn is killing the Bammers in recruiting. Scout has Auburn recruiting class ranked #9 in the country, and they have Bammers recruiting class ranked #34 in th entire country. The Bammers only have the 9th or 10th best recruiting class in the SEC. I thought Nick Saban was supposed to be a great recruiter. Can somebody explain why Saban is having such a terrible recruiting class at Bammer?

"Terrible recruiting class" is quite subjective is it not?

True...and past performance is not necessarily an indication of future results...except in your case. :lol:

:au::homer:

Yes. It was a very well documented case of a coach trying to help a CURRENT player who came to him with a sad story about his girlfriend, needing a loan, etc. etc. All of it on tape and AU paid the price. One thing about it thouch, Blakney was trying to help one of his players when he could have just as easily turned his back. Which, by the book, is what he should have done. But Larry Blakeney is a good man and an excellent coach. He may never coach in the SEC again, I don't know. But I do believe--based on sources at other schools--that he has been approached.

Yes. It was a very well documented case of a coach trying to help a CURRENT player who came to him with a sad story about his girlfriend, needing a loan, etc. etc. All of it on tape and AU paid the price. One thing about it thouch, Blakney was trying to help one of his players when he could have just as easily turned his back. Which, by the book, is what he should have done. But Larry Blakeney is a good man and an excellent coach. He may never coach in the SEC again, I don't know. But I do believe--based on sources at other schools--that he has been approached.

Ok, even as a Bama fan, I have major objections about this. Larry Blakeney was set up by a player and the player's very manipulating wife. Coach Blakeney was asked for money to help this guy feed his family, and being a sympathetic guy, coach Blakeney tried to help him. What kind of player does that to his own school? I've heard different rumors, and even if any of them were true, how do you do that to your own school? How do you look someone in the eye that has believed your sob story and only wants to help you, and knife them in the back.

It is a shame that the school and the coach were punished for such behavior, but nothing happened to the player. I think that if they would start making the players have to pay something back to the schools for their behavior that may cost that school millions of dollars, some of this stuff would stop. I wish that they could punish the people at fault and not always the school and the players that had nothing to do with the crime.

Larry Blakeney is a very nice man, and is well loved in Troy. He has done a great job with that program, but I think that it is wrong that he has been overlooked for bigger jobs. I think right now that he will stay at Troy until he retires, but you have to wonder what could have been.

Ok, even as a Bama fan, I have major objections about this. Larry Blakeney was set up by a player and the player's very manipulating wife. Coach Blakeney was asked for money to help this guy feed his family, and being a sympathetic guy, coach Blakeney tried to help him. What kind of player does that to his own school? I've heard different rumors, and even if any of them were true, how do you do that to your own school? How do you look someone in the eye that has believed your sob story and only wants to help you, and knife them in the back.

It is a shame that the school and the coach were punished for such behavior, but nothing happened to the player. I think that if they would start making the players have to pay something back to the schools for their behavior that may cost that school millions of dollars, some of this stuff would stop. I wish that they could punish the people at fault and not always the school and the players that had nothing to do with the crime.

Larry Blakeney is a very nice man, and is well loved in Troy. He has done a great job with that program, but I think that it is wrong that he has been overlooked for bigger jobs. I think right now that he will stay at Troy until he retires, but you have to wonder what could have been.

From what I've heard, Larry Blakeney is very happy in Troy and probably wouldn't take another job if it was offered to him.

No question he is the man in Troy. And I have to second TMajor. Kudos to BMH on that post. As Dye Era said, technically it was wrong and a violation. And the Auburn coaches, players, admins and fans paid the price. But, what's wrong with that picture?

You get a free ride through college. You get to play in the best conference in America with as much exposure as a kid can hope for with regards to getting a look from the NFL. You have a coach trying to help you out of what you tell him is a tough situation...and you turn around and do that? Amazing!

Archived