FIRST COMMITMENT for 2008

SKCAUB

From the Orlando Sentinel:

WR Damion Allen, (6 feet 2/180 pounds), committed to Auburn.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/high...adlines-recruit

:au::homer:

I could not locate D Allen on the Scout listing of 2008 prospects for Auburn ... any other information available?

Rivals has him in there.

Apparently he went to AU's passing camp this summer and the coaches were impressed with him.

Thanks BG...the Orlando paper was all I had.

This is NOT a confirmed commitment. Allen does not have a commitable offer at this point, he seems to be jumping the gun in whatever interview he did. We're recruiting Allen but its way too early for us to take a commitment from him. Our 2008 class will be SMALL, and we're at most taking 2 WRs: the only commitment we'd take right now is from a sure-fire stud or a guy we REALLY like.

Remember earlier this year when for some reason in-state newspapers kept stating that Jared Cooper had "commited" to us when he infact never recieved a full offer until late in his recruitment? Seems to me that a ton of kids have a hard time understanding what an actual offer is because this seems to happen alot. This past year there was a WR out of Louisiana who claimed offers from everyone (LSU, Auburn, Tenn, etc.) and he eventually contacted the guys at Rivals/Scout and announced that he had commited to OSU...problem was...he never had an offer from OSU, or from any of the teams that he "claimed" offers from either.

Yeah I think the only WR we'd take a commitment from at this point is Julio Jones.

I'll reiterate what metafour said and that this class is going to be SMALL.

Yeah I think the only WR we'd take a commitment from at this point is Julio Jones.

I heard today that CTT said we may actually get up to 20 kids in this next class. We have 17-18 for sure. But we may add 2-3 more thru medical hardship and early graduation.

I heard today that CTT said we may actually get up to 20 kids in this next class. We have 17-18 for sure. But we may add 2-3 more thru medical hardship and early graduation.

it is a possibility for sure. but even then...from 30 to 20 will be much smaller. 30 to 17 would be a big drop. of course that is mostly by design.

HEY!!! We report...you decide!!! :)

Archived