Get your laugh on with a trip back through history

GalensGhost

This blog is worth the trip. Bama fan kicks it off by examining their 2006 schedule and worrying about BCS chances after the "undefeated" season.

http://www.fanblogs.com/alabama/006409.php

A couple of gems to spur your decision to click the above:

With or without a bowl win the tide will have 10 wins...

...I see 8 definite wins. Right now we are being too modest. Do you honestly think BAMA will have trouble beating Arkansas and Tennessee....

...Lucky to make it to a bowl game huh.......does your bias blind you that badly. Look at the nonconf and home games. Thats 8 wins right there....

...It is more likely to be a 10-2 season. With the only questions being games against Florida, and LSU. ...

And in one of the replies, a great analogy:

Jack Nicklaus won 18 majors, and 6 masters and is the greatest golfer of all time, But, does that mean he's better than Tiger Woods right now? NO! Alabama won 12 national championships, but does that mean they're better than auburn now? NO! I could care less how good anybody was back when footballs were made out of mud.

That's some funny stuff right there...Dang, wish i could have known about it then and posted my 6-6 regular season prediction for the turds on that site....The only game I missed was Hawaii, and MSU covered that for me...I love it...

why does it stop after the MSU game...I want MORE!

here's my favorite quote...and it comes early in the thread:

Just watch out for Bama QB John Parker Wilson. He's as good as Brodie, without the bad legs and -- like other legendary Bama QBs like Namath and Stabler -- has a taste for the hooch (see: DUI arrest).

Here is an unbelievable quote:

"I hope god will give up hating Alabama so we can finally have a fair season."

I think this one sentence might very well sum up the overall delusion with turd fans. To think that God controls outcomes of football games is absolutely absurd. I didn't even read past this statement...I'm sure there are other gems as well. Thanks GG.

My personal favorite:

Ben says:

Bryan please-Arkansas couldnt beat Alabama's pratice squad

Maybe they should have played their practice squad, then. :lol:

[Yeah, I know we lost to Arkansas by more, but we weren't so arrogant as to claim our practice squad could beat 'em]

One that most of us can agree on.

3- I love Leigh Tiffin coming to Bama.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Another way of saying "we roll five deep at that position."

with all the great backs in the tides offense this year we could be seeing the making of another dynasty like under coach bryant.
:roflol:

#

Roll Tide says:

posted on February 10, 2006 04:13 PM — IP: 71.101.120.30 — link

Auburn will return to mediocrity this year, mark it down.

So much for his career as a psychic.

Classic. In fact, this thread belongs in the Classics Forum -- right next to the Tider Insider Game Thread for the 2002 IB: Link My favorite post from that thread:

We can win IF we start taking it straight at 'em instead of the gimmick stuff. Guess they were right calling us a finesse team. Glad they don't have their first and second team RBs and their first team FB today. We'll still win though, our guys have class & Coach Fran!
:lol::lol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

And we've already heard predictions for an undefeated Auburn in 2007. On this site, too.

It's all good...

Care to back that up with something? Because I see most everything on here and haven't seen anything like what you claim.

I"m sure there were some undefeated predictions by Auburn fans on this forum...however we had resources to back it up.

An experienced QB, the best SEC RB in 2005, an experienced OL, an NFL quality Receiver, experience on Defense, and a solid kicking game. Not to mention, a head coach that went undefeated two years ago, one of the best offensive coordinators over the past three years, a defensive coordinator that helped win a national championship four years ago, and a coaching staff that has remained intact over the past few years.

Bama had ...? A Kenneth Darby that played decently behind another running back a few years ago, a QB that had a DUI, no big time receivers, and a depleted defense. Besides Joe Kines, Bama had nothing but a 6-6 season ahead of them.

And we've already heard predictions for an undefeated Auburn in 2007. On this site, too.

It's all good...

I think you mean Auburn will beat uat...again

It's all good...

Care to back that up with something? Because I see most everything on here and haven't seen anything like what you claim.

Sure thing.

I see 13-0 with a possibility of 14-0. :)

It's February so my prediction is 14 - 0 for Auburn.

It's all good...

Sure thing.

You just don't get it, do you?

My favorite quote:

"Just remember last year when no one thought Alabama would be any good, and then they only lost to the 2 best teams in the SEC...

Also remember when everyone thought Auburn wopuld rock, and then they went out and got beat at home in the first game by GT...

The point?

Auburn is consistently overrated, and Bama is consistently underrated. It goes back for the last 2-3 years."

He just managed to call us one of the 2 best teams in the SEC and then consistently overrated when talking about the same team in the same season.

It's all good...

I have no idea who'd be predicting that with the road sked we have...maybe some delusional Bamar, but no one on this board!

:au::homer:

It's all good...

Sure thing.

You just don't get it, do you?

Not a clue.... There's just no use talking to them.... B)

My favorite quote:

"Just remember last year when no one thought Alabama would be any good, and then they only lost to the 2 best teams in the SEC...

Also remember when everyone thought Auburn wopuld rock, and then they went out and got beat at home in the first game by GT...

The point?

Auburn is consistently overrated, and Bama is consistently underrated. It goes back for the last 2-3 years."

He just managed to call us one of the 2 best teams in the SEC and then consistently overrated when talking about the same team in the same season.

"That's convoluted Daddy"

"Yes, and that's just the kind of straight thinking I'm talkin' about, Little Goil."- Archie Bunker

Classic. In fact, this thread belongs in the Classics Forum -- right next to the Tider Insider Game Thread for the 2002 IB: Link My favorite post from that thread:

We can win IF we start taking it straight at 'em instead of the gimmick stuff. Guess they were right calling us a finesse team. Glad they don't have their first and second team RBs and their first team FB today. We'll still win though, our guys have class & Coach Fran!
:lol::lol:

that classic is the funniest thing i've ever read, period.

It's all good...

I have no idea who'd be predicting that with the road sked we have...maybe some delusional Bamar, but no one on this board!

ONE POST LATER I PROVE YOU WRONG. DEAD WRONG.

Yet... then you come back and say that I have no clue? And that "it's just a delusional Bammar and no one on this board?" I've heard it all now. Dude! The evidence is staring you in the face!

... ONE POST LATER I PROVE YOU WRONG. DEAD WRONG.

Yet... then you come back and say that I have no clue? And that "it's just a delusional Bammar and no one on this board?" I've heard it all now. Dude! The evidence is staring you in the face!

I've dealt with delusional bammies my entire adult life. Every year it's the same thing:

"Ware goin' und'feeted agin this a'year. Bamuh is bak! Tradishun! 12 nayshunle champeenships! More bowl LOSSES than y'all got WINS! Ah cain't WAIT to sang that thare rammuhr-jammuhr-song agin!"

Face it, bub -- it's pure entertainment for us. And every year it's as predicatable as the birds migrating south for the winter. This year differs slightly in that you have a new coach. OK, OK, strike that. That's not so unusual these days. There IS no difference this year! We will hear the same ole, same ole from the most ignorant, delusional fan base in the country.

The difference in AU fans predicting AU to go 14-0: We don't do it every year -- only in the years where it's conceivable. Next season could be the year. I'd bet on AU going 14-0 long before I'd bet on uat. Here's one betting site's odds on winning the BCS next year: link

Odds To Win 2008 BCS Championship Game

USC 5/2

Michigan 13/2

Florida 7/1

Texas 10/1

West Virginia 14/1

LSU 15/1

Oklahoma 17/1

Arkansas 19/1

Ohio State 28/1

Nebraska 38/1

Auburn 46/1

Notre Dame 47/1

Rutgers 52/1

Louisville 52/1

California 67/1

BYU 67/1

Georgia 73/1

Tennessee 99/1

Wisconsin 100/1

Miami (FL) 100/1

Florida State 100/1

Wake Forest 100/1

Boise State 100/1

Georgia Tech 100/1

South Carolina 100/1

Clemson 100/1

UCLA 100/1

TCU 100/1

Hawaii 100/1

It's hard to argue if UF or LSU are that much better than AU. I kind of think those 3 schools are all relatively equal.

Odds To Win 2008 BCS Championship Game

USC 5/2

Michigan 13/2

Florida 7/1

Texas 10/1

West Virginia 14/1

LSU 15/1

Oklahoma 17/1

Arkansas 19/1

Ohio State 28/1

Nebraska 38/1

Auburn 46/1

Notre Dame 47/1

Rutgers 52/1

Louisville 52/1

California 67/1

BYU 67/1

Georgia 73/1

Tennessee 99/1

Wisconsin 100/1

Miami (FL) 100/1

Florida State 100/1

Wake Forest 100/1

Boise State 100/1

Georgia Tech 100/1

South Carolina 100/1

Clemson 100/1

UCLA 100/1

TCU 100/1

Hawaii 100/1

It's hard to argue if UF or LSU are that much better than AU. I kind of think those 3 schools are all relatively equal.

Geez it is bad. When the odds are so bad against uat that the bookies won't even post them to takethe unwashed masses money.

It's all good...

Sure thing.

Hmmm.... I think they mean Iron Bowls.... :poke:

Archived