Julio Jones youtube video

BamaGrad03

Julio did go see some AU games last year, He probably will this year too.

he might. he came to bama's junior day and the a-day game. he said the passing game is going to get opened up alot in the future and he will pretty much be guaranteed as a starter his freshman year. i dont think the AU staff is too confident he is an AU lean, as they already have solid verbals from a few other WR. and for that matter didnt they stack up on WR for 07? playing time is going to be a big thing for him. i think it will come down to bama, UF, or LSU.

I don't think playing time should be a problem if he is as good as advertised. He has the size and looks like he has the speed to be a standout anywhere in the nation, no matter what the depth chart looks like. And if that did matter, he wouldn't go to UF. They've been stacking up on WR's the last few years.

Seriously, everything I've read from him says "wide open". He really isn't a big college football guy. I think he's going out of state.

You could be right. I guess I got too into the if he's not going to Auburn, then he's going to Alabama.

Lets put it this way, I don't see this kid signing with Auburn. He could be "wide open" in his recruitment, but I don't think that includes Auburn.

It didn't help that AU forgot to notify him about their Junior day.

If he wasn't notified, it was purposeful. There was a reason. Maybe Saban "forgets" recruits. Auburn doesn't.

Of course we want him BS. All these years and you still show your ignorance.

Do you think it's possible the AU staff (or any staff for that matter) may not put on the full court press for certain prospects? I'm sure CTT would like to have signed Marvin Austin last Feb. but it was pretty obvious he had no leanings towards the Plains so we spent our time and energy on other athletes.

Most with level heads realize JJ is not going to wear O&B so why go after him?

Do you think it's possible the AU staff (or any staff for that matter) may not put on the full court press for certain prospects? I'm sure CTT would like to have signed Marvin Austin last Feb. but it was pretty obvious he had no leanings towards the Plains so we spent our time and energy on other athletes.

if CTT just absolutely knows JJ isn't going to come to AU then why did he bother to fly down and watch the game? you can't honestly with a straight face say that AU has no interest in him. i'm not just saying that just because he's projected as a bama lean either. i'm saying that because i'm a rational human being with connected brain cells. they offered him a while back for that matter. since yall think rivals is conspiring against you, scout lists him as the #2 overall prospect in the country and #1 prospect for WR. so you're telling me CTT has absolutely no interest in an in-state prospect ranked as highly as he is? don't kid yourself man. i don't think BG is the one showing his ignorance here.....

if CTT just absolutely knows JJ isn't going to come to AU then why did he bother to fly down and watch the game? you can't honestly with a straight face say that AU has no interest in him. i'm not just saying that just because he's projected as a bama lean either. i'm saying that because i'm a rational human being with connected brain cells. they offered him a while back for that matter. since yall think rivals is conspiring against you, scout lists him as the #2 overall prospect in the country and #1 prospect for WR. so you're telling me CTT has absolutely no interest in an in-state prospect ranked as highly as he is? don't kid yourself man. i don't think BG is the one showing his ignorance here.....

No, BG was being a sarcastic instigator like he is so many times on this board. You are just being both arrogant and ignorant. We have already admitted on this thread, that we would love to have the kid come to Auburn. He looks like a fantastic athlete and should get playing time as soon as he touches the collegiate field. I am about 99% sure that Tubs and the rest of the staff would love to have him too; evidence of that being when Tubby flew down and watched him play. I don't know what happened or if he talked with him, but maybe Tubs got the idea that Auburn was not real high on the kids priority and from that point on made the decision not to persue.

I am not sure what you are trying to prove with your posts. Yes AUburn would like to have him, but the staff has decided (I guess has decided, I am not an insider and don't know what they are thinking) that they are not going to waste a ton of time, energy and money on a kid that is a long shot. You know, kind of like you guys did with Tebow......oh wait.......nevermind........

No, BG was being a sarcastic instigator like he is so many times on this board. You are just being both arrogant and ignorant. We have already admitted on this thread, that we would love to have the kid come to Auburn. He looks like a fantastic athlete and should get playing time as soon as he touches the collegiate field. I am about 99% sure that Tubs and the rest of the staff would love to have him too; evidence of that being when Tubby flew down and watched him play. I don't know what happened or if he talked with him, but maybe Tubs got the idea that Auburn was not real high on the kids priority and from that point on made the decision not to persue.

I am not sure what you are trying to prove with your posts. Yes AUburn would like to have him, but the staff has decided (I guess has decided, I am not an insider and don't know what they are thinking) that they are not going to waste a ton of time, energy and money on a kid that is a long shot. You know, kind of like you guys did with Tebow......oh wait.......nevermind........

so they give him a full scholorship offer, fly down to foley for a day to see him.......but they're not going to waste time, energy, or money on him. ok, gotcha.

so they give him a full scholorship offer, fly down to foley for a day to see him.......but they're not going to waste time, energy, or money on him. ok, gotcha.

I feel like I am argueing with my 3 year old....silly me...

I feel like I am argueing with my 3 year old....silly me...

Because I said so.

Why so touchy? I swear you guys jump on everything I say without reading it. My flippant response was a reaction to another flippant response. I'm not trying to "prove" anything with my posts. Galen simply inferred that Julio wasn't really important to Auburn, like he always does...so I called him on it. Galen, like David, takes the party line of "if he didn't sign with Auburn, we didn't want him". You guys would rather concede a top 5 talent to your rival school than admit that someone made a mistake by not letting Julio know about Junior Day.

And I'M the one being arrogant?

Why so touchy? I swear you guys jump on everything I say without reading it. My flippant response was a reaction to another flippant response. I'm not trying to "prove" anything with my posts. Galen simply inferred that Julio wasn't really important to Auburn, like he always does...so I called him on it. Galen, like David, takes the party line of "if he didn't sign with Auburn, we didn't want him". You guys would rather concede a top 5 talent to your rival school than admit that someone made a mistake by not letting Julio know about Junior Day.

Yeah the Bama flag flying under the stars and stripes at Foley leads CTT and staff to believe we have a shot at him. You just want us to get Tebowed?

AU with JJ is about like you guys recruiting Dee Finley. You can spin your wheels all you like but everyone knows where he's going in the end.

AU with JJ is about like you guys recruiting Dee Finley. You can spin your wheels all you like but everyone knows where he's going in the end.

Honestly, I disagree. Julio has already stated more than once that he grew up watching NFL, not College. So he's not a fan of any school.

He may be a bama lean, but I really think he's wide open at this point.

Yeah the Bama flag flying under the stars and stripes at Foley leads CTT and staff to believe we have a shot at him. You just want us to get Tebowed?

why hasn't his offer been pulled?

Wow.....

I dont think that anyone has said that we've stopped recruiting Jones (we haven't), but there IS a thing called backing off a prospect who isn't showing as much interest as you would have hoped. The thing with Jones is that he's a shoe-in for a late commitment, theres really very little reason to press him know if he isn't showing the interest when you're better off using the time to try and locate guys who you might have a better shot with, especially out of state. Just because we're not spending 9 hours (or whatever Shula did with Tebow) at his house doesn't mean we're not following him or want him on the team. The big thing right now IMO isn't just Jones possibly being attracted to Bama, its Jones being VERY interested with out-of-state powers. We cant sell ourselves as a passing team so its not that easy to "turn" a wide-out who is getting love from Florida, LSU, USC, etc. on top of Bama.

As for why CTT was at the game? Gee, I dont know, maybe to look at other players? Foley has a Safety (Robert Lester) who is also a pretty good player and is getting some interest. Everyone has already seen Jones and knows what he can do, I'm sure there were other players in attendance who look like Division 1 prospects.

As much as Urban is in Foley he should buy a place here. And Meyer was the only one I saw go in the locker room with the Foley team?

AU had Muschamp, Willis and Knox all at the game with CTT. I think they are still recruiting Julio.

I wasn't attacking you. You make sarcastic one liners all the time to instigate people on this board and you know it. That's fine...I think it's great for debate and makes for a good talk most of the time. I didn't mean anything personal by it. And your last 2 sentences are good examples of this. I never said I knew what was going on...I was trying to give reasons on why we may not be persueing him as hard right now. I have no idea if he was left off of the junior day list or not. However, it's hard for me to believe that the staff didn't know what they were doing. Mistakes can be made though.

We cant sell ourselves as a passing team so its not that easy to "turn" a wide-out who is getting love from Florida, LSU, USC, etc. on top of Bama.

even though he is a bama lean, i would not be shocked if he goes to UF. i just hope that they have a bad season, or that we have a really good one. unless something extraordinary happens, from what he and his teammates are saying he will be a signing day decision.

Archived