Julio Jones youtube video

BamaGrad03

Far and away the top recruit for 08 in the state of Alabama, maybe the country.

He will start day one WHEREVER he goes.

He looks good, but he doesn't look like he's matching up against great competition either. I saw the highlight of Brandon Gibson, but some of those tacklers were flat out bad. And some of the punt returns had gaping holes in the coverage. But he does have great speed and there's no substitute for speed. And he has a big solid frame.

He definitely knows how to play the ball, which is a good thing at that level. A lot of recievers at that age are lazy and let the ball float to them. He does a great job of going up and grabing the ball at its highest catchable point. He'll not be as fortunate in college because they won't misplay the ball like those high school DB's do. High school pass defenses tend to be horrendous. One of the reasons for Hoovers success is their ability to throw. The whole offense is designed to exploit a weakness on every single high school football team. He also won't get the benefit of repeated overpursuit at the next level.

He still a Bama lock?

He looks good, but he doesn't look like he's matching up against great competition either. I saw the highlight of Brandon Gibson, but some of those tacklers were flat out bad. And some of the punt returns had gaping holes in the coverage. But he does have great speed and there's no substitute for speed. And he has a big solid frame.

He definitely knows how to play the ball, which is a good thing at that level. A lot of recievers at that age are lazy and let the ball float to them. He does a great job of going up and grabing the ball at its highest catchable point. He'll not be as fortunate in college because they won't misplay the ball like those high school DB's do. High school pass defenses tend to be horrendous. One of the reasons for Hoovers success is their ability to throw. The whole offense is designed to exploit a weakness on every single high school football team. He also won't get the benefit of repeated overpursuit at the next level.

That film showed him in competition with Gibson and Terrel Edwards for UMS(who both signed). It also showed teams like Vigor and Daphne which have produced the likes of Senderick Marks, Pat White, Jeremy Clark, etc in the very recent past. The film looks pretty good. 6'4 215 40"Vert and 4.4 40 cannot really be argued with. If he was an Auburn lock nobody would be wondering about the level of competition. The kid plays in the second highest class in Alabama. It isn't big time Texas or Florida football, but it is high enough to tell that this kid is amazing. You would think he was playing 1A football or something. He is as good as advertised and I hope we can win him away. I think if Bama struggles, we have a good year, and Tubs can convince him that we are an NFL pipeline, then I think we have a chance. It will be an up hill battle for Auburn with this one, so I am not getting my hopes up.

That film showed him in competition with Gibson and Terrel Edwards for UMS(who both signed). It also showed teams like Vigor and Daphne which have produced the likes of Senderick Marks, Pat White, Jeremy Clark, etc in the very recent past. The film looks pretty good. 6'4 215 40"Vert and 4.4 40 cannot really be argued with. If he was an Auburn lock nobody would be wondering about the level of competition. The kid plays in the second highest class in Alabama. It isn't big time Texas or Florida football, but it is high enough to tell that this kid is amazing. You would think he was playing 1A football or something. He is as good as advertised and I hope we can win him away. I think if Bama struggles, we have a good year, and Tubs can convince him that we are an NFL pipeline, then I think we have a chance. It will be an up hill battle for Auburn with this one, so I am not getting my hopes up.

Agreed. My question is not really with competition. My question is the same one that surrounds ANY recruit coming in. They are kids that have proved nothing on the college level. No need to give them the key to the city quite yet.

He still a Bama lock?

Hardly. He said he didnt really watch college football growing up...he's more of a pro football guy. So he's not really a "fan" of any school.

At this point his recruitment is wide open.

He still a Bama lock?

Hardly. He said he didnt really watch college football growing up...he's more of a pro football guy. So he's not really a "fan" of any school.

At this point his recruitment is wide open.

:lol:

BG is only saying this so it looks like Alabama did a great recruiting job with him.

Julio is going to Alabama and don't let anybody fool you into thinking his recruitment is wide open.

Seriously, everything I've read from him says "wide open". He really isn't a big college football guy. I think he's going out of state.

Seriously, everything I've read from him says "wide open". He really isn't a big college football guy. I think he's going out of state.

You could be right. I guess I got too into the if he's not going to Auburn, then he's going to Alabama.

Lets put it this way, I don't see this kid signing with Auburn. He could be "wide open" in his recruitment, but I don't think that includes Auburn.

You could be right. I guess I got too into the if he's not going to Auburn, then he's going to Alabama.

Lets put it this way, I don't see this kid signing with Auburn. He could be "wide open" in his recruitment, but I don't think that includes Auburn.

It didn't help that AU forgot to notify him about their Junior day.

i know him. i've watched plenty of his games, he really is that good. the guys on the team call him the "freak show". i know for a fact he wants to stay sort of close to home. i guess you could spread that to LSU or UF, but he's kind of hinted that he wants to stay in state. take that fwiw i guess. roosevelt byrd just got hired on at the store i manage so i'll ask him if maybe he knows something i might not.

Wow, the kid looks good. He seems to have really good vision and pretty good ups. I can see him making regular College Gameday highlights.

However, most kids look good in 5 second bursts, playing to a track of Red Hot Chili Peppers. One video isn't enough to make me declare him as best in the state or to say he's a college starter on day one. I've seen too many Auburn hot-shots redshirt after being pimped as such. Call me jaded.

Wow, the kid looks good. He seems to have really good vision and pretty good ups. I can see him making regular College Gameday highlights.

However, most kids look good in 5 second bursts, playing to a track of Red Hot Chili Peppers. One video isn't enough to make me declare him as best in the state or to say he's a college starter on day one. I've seen too many Auburn hot-shots redshirt after being pimped as such. Call me jaded.

he plays like that pretty much anytime he touches the ball. seen it plenty of times....

The kid's size is really nice. Wherever he goes he will be an asset. I would love to see him go to AU and play the slot that Anthony Mix played. It would create huge match up problems for whoever they played. All that being said, I watched Chad Jackson play for four years at Hoover. During that time I saw him make some plays that you swear were impossible. I thought he would be an absolute super star at the college level. He was very good at college and I think he will make a nice pro.. The point is that high school success is hard to duplicate in college. Does he truly run a 4.4.? I am suspect just because there are truly very few people that run 4.4. especially that size. If he does then he is in the Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker class of size and speed.

The kid's size is really nice. Wherever he goes he will be an asset. I would love to see him go to AU and play the slot that Anthony Mix played. It would create huge match up problems for whoever they played. All that being said, I watched Chad Jackson play for four years at Hoover. During that time I saw him make some plays that you swear were impossible. I thought he would be an absolute super star at the college level. He was very good at college and I think he will make a nice pro.. The point is that high school success is hard to duplicate in college. Does he truly run a 4.4.? I am suspect just because there are truly very few people that run 4.4. especially that size. If he does then he is in the Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker class of size and speed.

i would imagine its accurate. you should see how he hits a seam, its nuts.

If Chad Jackson is your measuring stick for being dissapointed with a guys college career after high school expectations...then I don't know what your expectations were.

The guy had a really good college career and went pro early.

If Chad Jackson is your measuring stick for being dissapointed with a guys college career after high school expectations...then I don't know what your expectations were.

Chad Jackson was a good college WR. But, Calvin Johnson he was not. I think his point was that he thought Chad Jackson was unstoppable coming out of High School like Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. Nobody gameplanned around Chad Jackson at UF.

I am not saying he did not have a good career. He did and I will think he will make a good pro. My point was, seeing him make plays in high school against the top classification schools in the state, I thought he was super star material. Even though he was good at UF, I do not consider him a superstar. It could be because of the talent they have always had at wide reciever. Same with this guy. He looks like he could be a superstar. But the point is who knows.

It didn't help that AU forgot to notify him about their Junior day.

I haven't heard of anyone getting fired from the athletic department, so I am inclined to believe that he is a definite non-Auburn lock at the least.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Julio did go see some AU games last year, He probably will this year too.

he might. he came to bama's junior day and the a-day game. he said the passing game is going to get opened up alot in the future and he will pretty much be guaranteed as a starter his freshman year. i dont think the AU staff is too confident he is an AU lean, as they already have solid verbals from a few other WR. and for that matter didnt they stack up on WR for 07? playing time is going to be a big thing for him. i think it will come down to bama, UF, or LSU.

he might. he came to bama's junior day and the a-day game. he said the passing game is going to get opened up alot in the future and he will pretty much be guaranteed as a starter his freshman year. i dont think the AU staff is too confident he is an AU lean, as they already have solid verbals from a few other WR. and for that matter didnt they stack up on WR for 07? playing time is going to be a big thing for him. i think it will come down to bama, UF, or LSU.

I would rank us a distant third for JJ. Bammer 1, LSU a close 2nd....

I would rank us a distant third for JJ. Bammer 1, LSU a close 2nd....

maybe....i think it will depend on who will have the better season, and also looking forward. i doubt he would get to start at AU, and he would be in with a new starting QB also. i don't see that mix as being very attractive to him, but who knows. bama guaranteed him a starting spot. between that and being in state, thats why he's a pretty good lean this way at this point in time.

His instincts seem great for football. Has great size and speed for a WR at college level. Better learn to catch the ball with his hands on those curls and outs instead of his chest. That is only negative I saw in that 6 minute video. Seems like a great athlete.

Archived